Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #1

2021 Galleria Inverter/Charger Disabled

Went to get RV out of barn for a trip and found the House battery dead while plugged into shore power. I started the engine and ran for 3 hours getting the house power up over 60%.

The Firefly Eclipse panel is showing the Inverter and Charger are both "Disabled". When I push the disable box a green dot appears but nothing happens. Went to Inverter/Charger settings page and toggled between Sleep and Wake but no change.

I gave Xantrex a call and they said there is no way to software disable the Charger/Inverter. They want me to pull Inverter/Charger out and test power levels.

Firefly verified the firmware revisions, pointed out that their system is just reporting and suggested I take it to the dealer.

Dealer gave me an appointment for Nov 2nd :(

Thanks for any suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefly Eclipse Power Screen IMG_3389.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	343265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefly Inverter-Charger Settings IMG_3388.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	343266  

Name:	Xantrex Inverter Controls IMG_3389.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	343267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefly Eclipse Power Screen IMG_3387.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	343268  

Astewart999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #2

I would check wiring connections and all fuses/breakers. Is there a fuse in the inverter/charger somewhere? Often on the back? Start with that, and just trace everything.
You've got lots of time.

You might try this problem/question over on classbforum dot com. Lots of "B" expertise over there.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #3

Does your van have a Conext ComBox for communication with the outside world, specifically a computer? There are a lot of settings and user controls that you can look at and change, but you have to connect to the system.

My Firefly screen doesn't look like yours, at least on the electric page, so no help there I'm afraid.

But I just now connected to the router in the van, fired up the access portal, and checked the control settings. My inverter is off, as is the charger (I'm not connected to shore power anyway), but I can cycle the inverter on/off from the computer screen, as well as the charging function.

It's a royal pain when on the road, which is why I installed the remote control mini-panel, but there are many things you can do with computer access, so you should look into that.

Is there a Conext ComBox and router somewhere in the van? Mine's in the wheel well, under the seat, but it could be anywhere. Look for a network cable coming out of the inverter/charger, and follow it. There will be two ports in the inverter/charger, one of which is filled with a little plug with a resistor inside (can't see the resistor). The other port should have an ethernet cable plugged into it, which goes to the remote access box, and which in turn may have a router connected to it for wireless access.

Edit: I should mention that while the Xantrex inverter/charger has an ethernet cable plugged into it, it's not carrying ethernet signals. It's a Canbus system, which Xantrex calls a Xanbus network; it just uses a standard ethernet cable for convenience. You need the Conext ComBox to convert that to ethernet, and a wifi router connected to that for wireless. But you could probably plug an ethernet cable into the ComBox directly I suppose. Just not directly into the Xantrex inverter/charger.

You can see in the screen shot that both the inverter and charger functions are disabled. It's entirely possible the Firefly system can't control those Xantrex functions (charge and inverter enable/disable), but it does report battery charge and voltage, which mine definitely does. I have a feeling you'll have to connect your computer to enable the charger. I don't think there's any external way to enable the charger, though the little button with the green symbol on it, on the inverter/charger itself, will enable/disable the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Xanbus Controls.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	343276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xanbus Settings.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	343277  

Old 09-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #4

Thank you for your Thorough response. This will give me something to look into over the weekend and I will get back to you.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #5

Conext ComBox

No sign of a Conext ComBox. I suspect the Xantrex VegaTouch performs the same function as Conext ComBox. It is connected to the Vantrex G12 Master (looks like a big motherboard) which is connected to everything else.

The router is a WifiRanger with 2 ethernet cables, 1) blue going to the VegaTouch and 2) yellow, and connected to only POE port going into the ceiling I think, and I suspect might power the antenna on the roof.

The FireFly has 2 remote panels (FireFly Eclipse), are these the remote computer screens you are refering to?

The Freedom XC PRO 3000 inverter/charger has no power button that I can see and has a little overload reset button like old computer power supplies use to have and pushing it does nothing. There is a flat gray telephone cable coming out of it that goes to the Xantrex Freedom X which also has no power.

I think I'll take a stab posting on the site Winterbagoal suggested, could'nt hurt.

Thanks for your time!

Allen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Freedom XC PRO 3000 IMG_3401.jpg
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	343381  
Old 09-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astewart999 View Post
The Freedom XC PRO 3000 inverter/charger has no power button that I can see and has a little overload reset button like old computer power supplies use to have and pushing it does nothing.
According to the manual for that unit, there is an on/standby button on the little control panel on the front of the unit. From the photo, it looks like the panel is on the side that's away from the camera, facing what looks like a flexible heater hose. The charger supposedly turns on when it's taken out of standby mode.

That's a different series unit from my Freedom SW3012 inverter/charger, so a lot of things are different, but it seems to function similarly.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #7

There is also a remote panel for that unit, which you might want to consider if it's not already in there somewhere. It's only $60 on Amazon, and comes with the cable. Mine is different, and cost three times as much.

https://www.amazon.com/Schneider-Ele.../dp/B0756BJQCN

The remote for your unit includes the on/standby button, but it's not clear to me if it's already 'on' or not. If it's not on, the charger won't charge and the inverter won't invert, so maybe that's not the problem.

https://www.xantrex.com/documents/Po...Guide)_ENG.pdf

The screen I was talking about is a computer access screen for my PC, and it also works on my iphone and ipad. I don't see any such thing in the documents for your unit including the ComBox, so ignore that stuff.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Xantrex Remote.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	343385  
Old 09-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #8

Vantrex Remote Charger/Inverter Display

Yes my Galleria has the same remote display for the inverter/charger as the Amazon pic you sent. Only problem is my display is blank and the display on the inverter/charger is also blank!

Thanks
Old 09-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astewart999 View Post
Yes my Galleria has the same remote display for the inverter/charger as the Amazon pic you sent. Only problem is my display is blank and the display on the inverter/charger is also blank!

Thanks
I missed that reference to the two panels in an earlier post.

At this point, itís time to break out the multimeter and start looking for voltage at the 12V and 120V terminals on the inverter/charger. Hopefully you can do that with it in place.

On mine, if the voltage is too low, it wonít charge the battery without taking extra steps, but that I think is because of the BMS (LiFePO4), not the charger, but Iím not 100% sure on that. Since you brought the house batt(s) back up to 60%, I would think the charger would be able to take over from there no matter what.

If voltage is present and adequate, the only thing left that I can think of would be to remove it and send it to Xantrex for evaluation and repair. But I canít shake the feeling that there is something simple going on in there. Like an internal fuse, or breaker that wonít reset.

I tripped one of the little push button breakers on my inverter/charger when I first got the van (shore power pass-through), and didnít even know it until I woke up at 4:00 am freezing due to lack of heat. The electric heating element in the Truma Combi drained the battery overnight when the inverter took over. I didnít even know where they were (and there are 3 of them on the charger, which is under the couch/bed) until the sun came up and I could get a better look.

Sorry I donít have anything else that might be useful.

Tags
inverter, led, charger, disabled