Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #1

A newbie observation

We're just beginning our educational process on the B+ rv world. I've noticed two things when when examining various websites for B+ info: (1) whenever there is a sofa that folds down into a bed. there is seldom a photo of the folded-out position and (2) while the websites almost always include an image of the floor plan for their new RVs, they don't include a floor plan for the used RVs.

I'm sure some of the seasoned rv folks on the forum can straighten me out on this (which would be appreciated), but it seems that adding those two bits of info to the info on the website wouldn't be difficult and would provide valuable info to the buyer.
Pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #2

Pgustaf249,

They don't want you to see what little space there is remaining with the couch folded out.

The graphics for NEW RV's are provided by the manufacturer to the dealer. Most dealers are not going to take the time & effort to search for usable graphics for "used inventory" when it's the only one they have in stock.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota98 View Post
Pgustaf249,
They don't want you to see what little space there is remaining with the couch folded out.
Agreed!
That would be like a restaurant hanging out a BAD FOOD sign.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #4

Here is a link from Wagon Trail RV that shows a MB model with the bed down. https://www.wagontrailrv.com/Invento...l_number=23700 . When you buy a B or B+ you are going to have to compromise. We have been across the country three times in our LTV Unity MB and the lack of space with the bed down is more that made up for the comfort of having a queen size bed to sleep in. Although we did swap the mattress for a memory foam one.
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdavew View Post
Here is a link from Wagon Trail RV that shows a MB model with the bed down. https://www.wagontrailrv.com/Invento...l_number=23700 . When you buy a B or B+ you are going to have to compromise. We have been across the country three times in our LTV Unity MB and the lack of space with the bed down is more that made up for the comfort of having a queen size bed to sleep in. Although we did swap the mattress for a memory foam one.
What type of mattress was on it before you changed? Is memory foam the same thing that's on that Tempurpedic bed I see advertised?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #6

The standard mattress was a normal spring one. I just found a memory foam on Amazon by Dynasty for a good price that got good reviews. And yes it is like a Tempur-pedic. Actually, a better sleep than my mattress at home. Just be a aware that although a queen size in most Murphy beds is a short queen, meaning 60X75. I am 6'4" and it works for me.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #7

Quote:
The standard mattress was a normal spring one. I just found a memory foam on Amazon by Dynasty for a good price that got good reviews. And yes it is like a Tempur-pedic. Actually, a better sleep than my mattress at home. Just be a aware that although a queen size in most Murphy beds is a short queen, meaning 60X75. I am 6'4" and it works for me.
Thanks for the feedback. a long time ago I was on some online forum where people were grousing about Tempurpedic. One of the things they were complaining about was that the Tempurpedic made them sweat. Does your version of memory foam give you any grief like that?
Old 08-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #8

Not that I have noticed. As the Murphy bed is in the up position all day and exposed to the outside temperature it is also insulated from the cabin heat or a/c. The only issue may be, depending on how extreme the outside temperature, you will find the mattress either very cold and hard or very warm. But with either the A/C or heat one once lowered it does return to normal. I would say the outside effect was less with the standard mattress.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgustaf249 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. a long time ago I was on some online forum where people were grousing about Tempurpedic. One of the things they were complaining about was that the Tempurpedic made them sweat. Does your version of memory foam give you any grief like that?
Pgustaf249
Interesting.
After experimenting with a small sample block of Tempurpedic foam I rejected the idea of a Tempurpedic mattress for my coach for the opposite reason.
When COLD the Tempurpedic foam becomes "rock hard' and we sometimes travel with bedroom temps of near freezing.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #10

Too true. We found the same true when camping in the Rockies with temps in the 20's. It was like a board when we took it down but softened up pretty quick. I think it takes a bit longer to cool down. We spent the a day at Lazy Days Tuscon in July and after baking in the sun all day the bed was quite warm when lowered and took a while to cool off. For us the comfort out weigh this issue.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Too true. We found the same true when camping in the Rockies with temps in the 20's. It was like a board when we took it down but softened up pretty quick. I think it takes a bit longer to cool down. We spent the a day at Lazy Days Tuscon in July and after baking in the sun all day the bed was quite warm when lowered and took a while to cool off. For us the comfort out weigh this issue.
When I was reading the Tempurpedic forum I think their moan was related to the perception that the mattress seemed to smother their body, or at least the portion that was on the mattress. These folks seemed to think that the traditional spring mattress didn't smother unite so much, maybe due to a little better air circulation between the body and the mattress. I'm not sure.

Tags