Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #1

B bathrooms

We are looking to purchase a B (my preference) or C (wife's preference) within the next 2 months.

I like the B for smaller size, better mileage, and looks better for camping in more primitive areas. I also like that in some models the driver and shotgun seat turn around which adds space. The fact that no Model Cs have this feature seems a waste.

She likes the C because all the Bs we've looked at have the toilet in the shower.

Suggestions?
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy wife. Happy Life.
My 1991 B actually had thrown and tub shower. But those days are pretty much gone.
The only thing that was sometimes a hassle with the B was putting it on blocks to level in bad weather. And then - close quarters riding the weather out. Not that big a deal. But jacks are an old mans friend and space is a good thing too. The new B are nice but come at a premium. Mid and smaller C's can be a lot roomier for roughly same length.

With bigger coaches a good thing to do is while it's on the lot and not yours, tell the salesman you're going to spend a few hours in it. Lay down - sit on toilet seat - stand in shower - with cab over - climb up there and spend some time. Watch TV and see if your neck hurts. Good idea for smaller coach too. Walk around at same time - can you easily pass one another etc.

Good luck - we kept our Airstream B for ages and loved it. But I used it as a daily driver too. It was that or no RV back in '91. If I could have had a car and C or bigger, I would have.
YMMV
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #3

Unless you are going to use the RV as your second car you would be better off with a C class. The smaller Cs can go everwhere a B can go with more room. There are few places a B could go where a mid size C could not. In addition it can probably tow a car so you don't have to brake camp every time you want to go somewhere.
In addition, read flagship1's first line in his post.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nothing wears on you more than a tiny bathroom at home or away. Back in the 80's DW and I were looking for a MH and the one's with a 3S bathroom were immediately eliminated.

3S aka Shower, Shave, guess the other S
Old 06-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #5

We are currently in Alaska on week 5 in our Pleasure Way Excel. Yeah the bathroom/shower is small but the trade off of being able to park , turn around anywhere far exceeds wanting a bigger bath. All of that doesn't cover the bragging at the Gas Pumps either. We own a Class A too but bought this to travel and sight see and love it. 98% of the time we shower at campgrounds anyway. We have mesh shower bags and flip flops to wear in the shower and always park nearest the showers. I think if you're not going to get a Class B you might as well get a Class A as they have more useful floor plans.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #6

B bathrooms, mpg and more

We purchased our first RV and selected the Leisure Travel Van LTV Free Spirit SS with the slide and 3 piece bath just 3 weeks ago. We parked it at home for a week while stocking it and the next week took off from TX to CA camping. We're now parked where we have water and elect and we STILL haven't used the shower:>) The two factors that made us decide on this model were (of course) the bathroom and the slide out. Not to mention - no graphics!We bought one with all the options but it still can glide into most parking spots tho pull thrus are better at shopping centers because it has a continental kit so the total length is about 24 ft. but it is very narrow. We are also very happy with the gas mileage as it's just over 15 mpg. Both DH and I enjoy driving it, but side winds do buffet it as it's 10 feet high. The slide out is a sofa/bed with memory foam in a full size bed. Not a queen. We have parked at friends with the drivers side wheels on the edge of the sidewalk to level it and to have the slide out not sticking out into the street. Three weeks into it and we wouldn't change a thing.
StefO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #7

Congrats on your RV...enjoy the many miles ahead!!
ERAtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #8

The best RV for a person is the one they are happy with !
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #9

The bathroom in the Leisure Travel Van Unity MB Class B+/C- is palatial.
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #10

Same vinyl flooring as in the Free Spirit SS - doesn't show dirt and easy cleanup. In the F S SS we have a large skylite that I'm still looking for a nice retractable sun block. No window but a huge mirror. Still loving it after almost a month.
StefO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #11

There is a like a channel that goes all around the bathroom skylight on the Unity MB. I'm look for some reflective/insulated material and clips to make a skylight cover. If you come across anything let me know.
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #12

Thanks everyone. Our search continues but getting close to choosing a model and hitting the road.
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote