Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2022, 08:44 PM   #1

Bed Question

What type of bed do you use and why? Do you prefer a pop top that stays in "ready" mode? Do you have a bed that requires being "made up" each night? Do you leave the bed made up all the time?

What size bed do you use? Full size or queen? Are there any King size bed only folks out there, and could you comment on how you made that happen?

Thank you all in advance!

Edit, forgot to mention Murphy beds...do you have one and do you like it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #2

Have a rv king (73" x80") that is always made. The coach was made for the king. Had a queen before this one that we liked, but the king is pretty nice.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:49 PM   #3

Thank you! Did you always have a bed set up like that or did you go through a preference curve? On paper, I always think, "yeah I could make up the bed every day..." but in reality I suspect it might become annoying.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:38 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The person who answered you in post 2 has a Class A (OP posted in the Class B forum) so their answer probably won't apply to B's.

I have a B+ (per the Phoenix Cruiser website) - it's bigger than a B but smaller than a C, although many consider it a C because of the chassis. Anyway, I have a cut off, corner double that's an actual bed. It doesn't have to be folded down or cushions moved/put together to become a bed. I specifically looked for an under 25ft coach with such a bed because I didn't want to have to mess with assembling or tearing down anything to sleep.

Having had a corner bed 23 years ago, which was a PITA to make then, I knew I didn't want to have to make the same type of bed 2 decades later. No wrestling to get on a fitted sheet or hospital corners for me. I just sleep on top of the mattress with a light, plush blanket over me. When I get up, all there is to "make" is fluff the pillows & fold up the blanket.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:39 AM   #5

Ours is always made up and is a few inches smaller than s king. It is across the back end of our 24 class B van.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #6

Our van came equipped with a rear lounge that folds down via a button and a motor, and a couple of jump seats that flip down/out to make the bed. We add a foam topper that folds into thirds, and use a Beddy's so it's easy to make the bed and keep it made. During the day we leave the bed made and the lounge down. Then, we flip the bottom third of our tri-fold mattress topper / bedding off the jump seats and back onto the lounge. Next, we flip the jump seats up/in so we can sit there if we want to.

From now on we expect to use the front seats, spun around to face the rear, for more lounging than previously because we've removed the second row of forward-facing seats and now have a relatively large open lounge up there. Thus, it's possible we will start leaving the bed fully deployed more often than not. Maybe not though, because with the bed fully deployed it's challenging to get to the floor area under and around the jump seats. If we had a true platform bed raised higher off the floor than our lounge / jumpseat combo, we would gladly leave the bed fully deployed and made up all the time so we could fully benefit from all the storage under the bed.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:39 AM   #7

We have a queen bed in ours (sleep side to side). Ours is self-built (21ft Ram Promaster 3500). It's a high fixed bed.