Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #1

Question BT Cruiser

I just bought a 2004 Gulf Stream 5230 BT Cruiser in great shape but no owner's manuals. Where is the cable/sat antenna terminated on the inside? TV works on DVD and raised antenna but would like to use sat outside antenna. Thanks, Wendell
W Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #2

BT Cruiser-the worst! I bought it because of the looks for one thing and because it was a tidy little drivable rv. I hated it! The transmission fialed after 4000 miles (Ford V10 Trititon). the floor between the seats got so hot you could cook a chiken on it. The electric slide sofa continually shed its lower bolster with each conversion to a bed. The bed had very sharp edges on it so if you didn't wear Army boots while making the bed you became a bloody mess. The latches that hold open storage compartments outside were misplaced and useless. It swayed all over the place until I put Bilstein shocks on it. It looked good but it definitely was junk. I sold it before ift completely fell apart. Never and I mean never buy a BT Cruiser!
Elementary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementary View Post
BT Cruiser-the worst! I bought it because of the looks for one thing and because it was a tidy little drivable rv. I hated it! The transmission fialed after 4000 miles (Ford V10 Trititon). the floor between the seats got so hot you could cook a chiken on it. The electric slide sofa continually shed its lower bolster with each conversion to a bed. The bed had very sharp edges on it so if you didn't wear Army boots while making the bed you became a bloody mess. The latches that hold open storage compartments outside were misplaced and useless. It swayed all over the place until I put Bilstein shocks on it. It looked good but it definitely was junk. I sold it before ift completely fell apart. Never and I mean never buy a BT Cruiser!
That was not helpful, in fact rude. He has already bought it, do you just want him to feel badly when he wants to enjoy his new to him RV.
NeilMace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #4

Not every RV that is the same mfg has been taken care of the same. Every RV I've ever bought had little issues that I changed/fixed. It's just part of owning a RV. Sorry cant help the OP.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilMace

That was not helpful, in fact rude. He has already bought it, do you just want him to feel badly when he wants to enjoy his new to him RV.
X 100. With 9 posts and that being one of them can hardly wait for the next one.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing
Not every RV that is the same mfg has been taken care of the same. Every RV I've ever bought had little issues that I changed/fixed. It's just part of owning a RV. Sorry cant help the OP.
So true!

OP - can't help but don't despair. Someone should be along shortly with a helpful suggestion. Although - in general the satellite cable should be wherever the TV connects to other devices. It has to find it's way to the TV somehow.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Knight View Post
I just bought a 2004 Gulf Stream 5230 BT Cruiser in great shape but no owner's manuals. Where is the cable/sat antenna terminated on the inside? TV works on DVD and raised antenna but would like to use sat outside antenna. Thanks, Wendell
Hope this might help. I don't have a BT Cruiser, however on our rig we have one inside connection and a little magic button (hard to find on our rig, found it by accident inside an upper cabinet). Push the button, green light comes on next to it, the outside coax connection is used (cable or sat). Push so light is off, the crank up TV antenna is used.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #8

LOL, on ours the little green light button is right beside the connectors for antenna/co ax and has to be ON (green) for the antenna to pick up anything.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had 4 motorhomes in the last 32 years, we presently have a BT Cruiser and are very happy with it. We never had a satellite so I don't know the answer, but I'll check my book and see what I can find out about it. It may be a few days, but I'll look.
Subaru Outback, Cricket SW3
seasonedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #10

I am sorry if my comments seemed rude. They were not intended to be pointed to anyone in particular and everyone has their own opinion. My intention was simply to state facts about my BT Cruiser and my experience with it. I wish everyone who owns a BT Cruiser all the best.
Elementary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementary
I am sorry if my comments seemed rude. They were not intended to be pointed to anyone in particular and everyone has their own opinion. My intention was simply to state facts about my BT Cruiser and my experience with it. I wish everyone who owns a BT Cruiser all the best.
Nice rebound!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #12

I have a BT Cruiser and cable connection is in the compartment on driver side
next to carpartment with waster water tanks, open door and look up in top rt.side with light also has a phone connection I drilled a hole in the door and installed a cable plate from Lowes hope this helps
mayhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had a BT for a short time, being handicapped it was traded in on a class A, but was a nice unit and no problems with it.
On a month long trip, we meet several people who owned them and seemed very happy.
As some one else said, the cable connector was in the rear compartment on drivers side. Hard to see with it being located in top of compartment .