Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #1

Buying LTV Unity is just like having a baby

Takes 9 months, that is.

We just ordered a 2018 Unity Corner bed. My reason for ordering is that I couldn't easily find one equipped as I wanted, and used ones seems to sell for as much as new.

At least waiting for the babies, we got ultrasound. So far not a peep out of Leisure.

I'm trying to figure out how to wait this out without going nuts.
TampaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #2

The wait might be unbearable at times, but well worth it!
Old 08-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #3

Smile Worth the wait

We have a 2016 which we had to order as there were no used ones. Went from a Class A 36 ft Southwind with all the bells and whistles to a Unity CB and it has been great! Driving is breeze and we can now go to all our old remote campgrounds and still have all the comforts we need. Only one complaint is the mattress is too hard for my liking but otherwise we have not been back to the dealer for anything, what a delight after the Fleetwood experience! Enjoy when you get it.
Benandlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #4

Thanks really good to hear that one of the main reason we went LTV is stories like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benandlar View Post
We have a 2016 which we had to order as there were no used ones. Went from a Class A 36 ft Southwind with all the bells and whistles to a Unity CB and it has been great! Driving is breeze and we can now go to all our old remote campgrounds and still have all the comforts we need. Only one complaint is the mattress is too hard for my liking but otherwise we have not been back to the dealer for anything, what a delight after the Fleetwood experience! Enjoy when you get it.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #5

We have a 2015.5 Unity MB. Ordered mid April and picked up Dec 4 (2015). Love it! We found a dealer that had one coming sooner than the 9 mo's and went that direction...of course, it was delayed about 3 weeks, but I expected that. Worth the wait!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #6

I'm tryjng to decide between the TB and CB and wondered what folks have to say about the passenger seat belts and dinette sleeping area? While we will primarily travel without our adult kids we would like to occasionally take them along for weekend trips...the CB has two options for dining and it's not clear whether there is any advantage in sleeping conversion for either version.
Sjbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjbrooklyn View Post
I'm tryjng to decide between the TB and CB and wondered what folks have to say about the passenger seat belts and dinette sleeping area? While we will primarily travel without our adult kids we would like to occasionally take them along for weekend trips...the CB has two options for dining and it's not clear whether there is any advantage in sleeping conversion for either version.
We have the CB with U-lounge option and prefer it to the standard dinette for our travel style. We downsized from a 40' DP and found the space in the CB to live much larger than its size.

1) Oriented so you can watch the (optional - maybe standard beginning in 2018?) front cabinet TV easily

2) Storage is drawers under benches - you don't need to pull up the cushions to access them

3) U-lounge adds outside storage under window/sidewall section of lounge

I think the bed ends up being about the same in either dinette option. With the regular dinette you get 1 seat belt per bench; with the U lounge you only get 1 additional seat belt and it's on the side-wall section.

Michelle

ETA - note on the TB beginning 2018 LTV is changing the 2 "jump seats"; it's unclear if they will still make into a "super single" bed like the 2017 and earlier do.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjbrooklyn View Post
I ordered the U lounge option for the CB and for our use its the only one that makes sense. We wanted something resembling a sofa for relaxing in the evenings.

One drawback - I think the U lounge only has one seat belt! That is a real bummer and if we want to occasionally travel will really be an impediment. I sure hope they fix this in 2018 if not we'll possibly try to add a belt but that is not trivial I think.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaSteve View Post
I ordered the U lounge option for the CB and for our use its the only one that makes sense. We wanted something resembling a sofa for relaxing in the evenings.

One drawback - I think the U lounge only has one seat belt! That is a real bummer and if we want to occasionally travel will really be an impediment. I sure hope they fix this in 2018 if not we'll possibly try to add a belt but that is not trivial I think.
I've now just confirmed from LTV that the 2018 TB/IB will no longer have a sleeping option in the front. If we can't order in time to still get a 2017, I'll be looking more seriously at the Serenity which seems to have the largest guest bed up front as well as 4 seatbelts....
Sjbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaSteve View Post
I think the U lounge only has one seat belt! That is a real bummer and if we want to occasionally travel will really be an impediment. I sure hope they fix this in 2018 if not we'll possibly try to add a belt but that is not trivial I think.
It does, 1 seat belt under the window. The U-lounge is not designed for seated travel if someone is sitting at the rear facing forward or the front facing rearward.

There has been some discussion on SprinterSource and the LTV Enthusiasts FB page about additional seat belts. The advice is to take the coach to a certified mobility upfitter (a company who remodels vehicles for the mobility-challenged). You need someone who understands (and is certified in) passenger safety to properly advise on and install such a modification.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
It does, 1 seat belt under the window. The U-lounge is not designed for seated travel if someone is sitting at the rear facing forward or the front facing rearward.

There has been some discussion on SprinterSource and the LTV Enthusiasts FB page about additional seat belts. The advice is to take the coach to a certified mobility upfitter (a company who remodels vehicles for the mobility-challenged). You need someone who understands (and is certified in) passenger safety to properly advise on and install such a modification.

Michelle
When we ordered our CB at the dealer we didn't get the opportunity to see the u-lounge - he had a CB with standard dinette in stock. I'm guessing the reason the U-lounge has only one belt is that North American standards require a certain amount of physical space and the window seating fell short. But from pictures at least it looks like there would be plenty of space under the window for two smaller adults.

Great idea to look for a certified mobility upfitter rather than the local hack shop, thanks.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #12

I just love the new Wonder on the Ford Transit chassis. I'm a Ford guy and this one is on a very short list of my next coach. The Murphy bed is genius! I sure do wich they would do this in a slide model and I love the back bath with open commode area. They do so much with so little. You pay for it, though. I'm really really liking that unit.

They also just published a video of their second Ford Transit model with twin beds. I do like the twin type B's. But the way the MB model works is just too good to pass on, IMO...
Old 09-21-2017, 06:15 AM   #13

I wouldn't mind having a ford either. I've experienced the horror of high prices and parts at the mini-cooper dealer where we service my wife's car. I can only imagine that Mercedes dealers while mostly competent are going to ask for an arm and a leg before they even start. But, after searching around for literally years I decided only the corner bed floor pan works for me (huge living room, sofa area with slide and a completely separate sleeping area). You can't get that on the transit chassis, so I ordered the sprinter based model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
I just love the new Wonder on the Ford Transit chassis. I'm a Ford guy and this one is on a very short list of my next coach. The Murphy bed is genius! I sure do wich they would do this in a slide model and I love the back bath with open commode area. They do so much with so little. You pay for it, though. I'm really really liking that unit.

They also just published a video of their second Ford Transit model with twin beds. I do like the twin type B's. But the way the MB model works is just too good to pass on, IMO...
Old 11-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
UAV

You are correct about the nine months. Ordered ours in March and going to pick it up on December 4th.

Will be well worth the wait. And the wait time gave us more time to save up for the big purchase!

Don't worry, you will be amazed at how quickly the time goes by.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote