Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2017, 01:39 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are a family of 4 (2 teens) in a 24 foot Winnebago View Class C. (2008 24H model). We're quite happy with it for our family.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #16

We have one of the smallest Bs out there. Storage is the big issue & it is relative. Most of us haul more than we need. My wife has to have her coffee maker & toaster even though there are much smaller solutions for both. I take a guitar.

Also, there are often ways to downsize. I found a charcoal grill that folds to less than an inch thick.

Finally there are creative ways to store things. My electrical & water cords & hoses are carried in a tool box mounted to the ladder I added to the back door of my rig. More storage inside & don't have to open back door to hookup in the rain.

Bottom line, we love the ability to go & park almost anywhere & it is worth the trade offs. Really we have not had many of those. We haul chairs, a table, & other items we don't need & still seem to find a place for everything.
OldKansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #17

Eric,

If you plan on towing a vehicle, I don’t see any reason to get a B. The advantages are gone. I personally would just go to a class C, enjoy the extra space, and use a towed vehicle for sightseeing. With that said, towing a vehicle gives you additional storage space in the towed vehicle itself. A class B towing a mini-van would be great for additional storage and day trips That could be an option, but again, I’d just go with a class C with a slide out if I am going to tow anyway.

I have a B and love it. I don’t need to take a lot with me, and like the challenge of squeezing every bit of storage space out of it. I used to be an avid backpacker, where shaving off every ounce or inch is a feat to celebrate. So no surprise there . It’s awesome for one, ok for two. It’s really all about how much you need to have with you, and do you plan on mostly traveling and living out of the RV, or spending more time camped at a location more time in the RV.

Two minimalist travelers might find there to be more than enough room, while two people camping might find it claustrophobic spending any time inside. It’s really a personal and lifestyle assessment.

The best advice I can give is to spend some time in one and do some mental packing, living, setup, cooking, etc, and see how it feels. And also figure out how much storage you need, then add 30%-40% more. If you are leaning toward thinking it might be too tight, it probably will be and it will grate on you over time. So be conservative. Its easy to deal with empty storage areas once you’ve packed, much harder to deal when they are full and you are still packing
reflex439 is offline   Reply With Quote