Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #15

Mercedes has had some trouble with the Sprinter diesel systems. There are two sensors, one front, one back, for the exhaust system that regulates the amount of DEF. They fail often. We had one that failed 'locally', one on the road. We were told that if one goes, the other will go soon, at that was certainly our experience. Unfortunately the failure on the road let to another issue (bad repair) that laid us up through a weekend after needing to be towed to town. Shortly after that, we received a notice from MB that they were extending the warranty on the sensors to 10 years.

The early V6's had problems with a turbo hose that was too short and would disconnect under hard acceleration, resulting in limp-home. Yep, had that happen, too.

Finally, I wasn't thrilled with their DEF tank system. There's no gauge to judge how much you have. After it reaches a certain low level, you get a warning and a 'count-down' of 10 ignition starts before it goes into limp-home. I've heard of others that have had issues with it not resetting properly. Didn't have that issue.

This sounds like a condemnation of the Sprinter. It's not. There are tons of them out there, it is a very sound chassis, it performs well, handles well, and gets great mileage. But go in with your eyes wide open - if you buy used, make sure it has the long-term sensor warranty and check to see if they've been replaces. And keep the DEF full!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #16

My wife and are considering driving from San Diego to New Jersey this summer. We live in CA but have a summer home on the jersey shore. We have a new Ford 150 lariat but are considering purchasing a class B RV, specifically an interstate by airstream and Mercedes.

Our question is....will the RV have a much better ride than our truck?

Ken
kpmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #17

Question Solar charging on Roadtrek CS XL

I have 2018 CS XL. Do the battery switches have to be on for solar trickle charge? Would I charge one battery at a time. I have 8 Lithium ion batteries. I was told that turning the battery switch on has a draw even if there is no load on it.
wbisordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #18

Hi judilyn .. I just posted up our beautiful perfect 2010 Itasca Navion for sale in classified . The diesel engine is quiet and powerful and purrs along the highway very nicely . It’s easy to drive , comfortable with in and has all the systems in place !
Rosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:32 PM   #19

Itasca Navion for sale ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmurray View Post
My wife and are considering driving from San Diego to New Jersey this summer. We live in CA but have a summer home on the jersey shore. We have a new Ford 150 lariat but are considering purchasing a class B RV, specifically an interstate by airstream and Mercedes.

Ken
We have a fabulous 2010 Itasca Navion I just posted in classified ...it’s Way more comfortable than traveling in ford 150 ! Has full bath in back , full kitchen and bed for naps !
Old 05-19-2019, 05:25 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Are the Navion and the View class B motorcoaches?
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #21

Weeelllll.. I thought it was a class B , but hubby who has Parkinson’s disease and knows all about these things informed me it was a class C motorhome .. whoops !
Old 05-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:

Ken
This may save you a long trip Class B Diesel - Shafer's Truck & RV Sales LLC
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #23

Quote:
We have a new Ford 150 lariat but are considering purchasing a class B RV, specifically an interstate by airstream and Mercedes.

Take one for a ride. A unit with the optional air suspension in the rear.
KanzKran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #24

Since about 2010 the diesels are cleaner with DEF emissions reduction. You can run them indoors! But don’t.
Get the MB V6 BlueTec Sprinter for longevity and power. We have cars and vans with it. Change the oil & filters, follow service intervals, and it will give you a pleasurable trip without problems.
Wayne Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604eholston View Post
Are the Navion and the View class B motorcoaches?
I just bought a 2011 Navion. It was sold as a B+ but Winnebago themselves call it a C.

I've seen it referenced as both. To me it's not as big as a C but bigger than the bazillion Sprinter B's you see on the road (slightly wider)
KidzBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:19 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidzBox View Post
I just bought a 2011 Navion. It was sold as a B+ but Winnebago themselves call it a C.

I've seen it referenced as both. To me it's not as big as a C but bigger than the bazillion Sprinter B's you see on the road (slightly wider)
B+ is a relatively new slang for Class C units designed without a bunk over top of the cab.

Class A is the biggest of motorhome units…..gas and diesel
Class B are the smallest….known as camper vans started with the VW microbus
Class C are in between on cutaway chassis

Class B+ are in between B and C, also on cutaway chassis.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:12 AM   #27

Getting television

We purchased a used 2016 ERA 70C. It has a KVH RV1 Tracvision dome and a hub inside. Neither of us is a well versed tech and the directions are confusing. We have Directv in our stick house but don't know if we can use it or transfer to the ERA. Do we have to take along the black box...which means finding a space for it which means impossible. Can we hook up the RV1 and get over the air channels?
kaykaydee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel