Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
DEF message

I just got home from a long trip in my 2015 Winnebago ERA. The DEF warning came on during the last leg of the trip. I have been told that I can add at a truck stop or buy from the automotive store. It seems like it would be hard to add at a truck stop because it is under the hood and not by the diesel fuel tank. I have to pull my book out and read but was wondering if any here had experience with this. I have just under 5000 miles and am not due for an oil change until 15,000.
TinStarArabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
If the chassis and engine of your 2015 ERA is like our 2015 View the DEF tank (which we access under the hood) only holds about 3 gallons. I have been told that is enough for 3-4,000 miles. We have bought DEF in 2 1/2 gallon containers at Walmart.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #3

Just buy 2.5 gallon DEF at Walmart or Tractor Supply and add it to your DEF tank. It is likely located on the left front under the hood. If any spills, just rinse thoroughly with water.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote