Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #1

Discounted Prices

I see some of the new Class Bís discounted 20-25% off MSRP. Anybody know roughly how much new Pleasure-Ways are typically discounted??
TommyHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2021, 06:06 AM   #2

TommyH,

I think you will not find much of a discount on Pleasure Way product as there is generally a waiting list to purchase one.

I was lucky (back in May) and found a cancellation on a unit that happened to be just like I would have ordered it. I did get a small discount. I was glad that I didn't have to wait 8-9 months for an ordered one.

Call several Pleasure Way dealers and get on a list. In fact, my salesman texted me the other day that a Pleasure Way Plateau TS had arrived and was available. It was a silver one (mine is white).

Good luck and safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:17 AM   #3

My research makes me believe MSRP is just a factory made up number that a dealer can claim a discount off of. I base that on using the Ďdiscountí price as a starting point that dealers may then drop if they know I am a serious buyer.
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:49 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
That may vary year by year. This year 2021 discounts seem small acording to friends who visited the Hershey show. I couldn't go this year.
ArtDecoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #5

As a prior poster noted, the MSRP of RVs seems to be a completely made-up number. In the not too distant past, almost all RVs were sold at 30% or more off the MSRP without much arm twisting by the buyer. Usually the dealer advertised price was 20-25% less than MSRP and price negotiations would start there. When Covid hit, people realized that RVing was a great, safe way to avoid being imprisoned at home. Demand skyrocketed and dealers were able to sell everything on their lots for MSRP or close to. The B van market saw particularly dramatic increase in demand since B vans appeal to a demographic which has high disposable income, and #vanlife became even more popular. These new buyers were willing and able to pay what was being asked. Now the pendulum is swinging back to more normal market demand, but there continue to be supply shortages due to interruption of global supply chains for components. Since supply is very tight, prices have remained high for good quality, low manufacturing volume units like PleasureWay, where demand exceeds supply. Fall and winter typically see a steep fall-off in demand for new RVs, so there may be better buying opportunities later this year or early next. It would be smart for any new buyer try to gauge the level of supply on dealer lots, and how long units have been sitting in inventory, by using RV Trader or something similar. That can be an important tool for determining the amount of leverage they have in price negotiation. Good luck and happy shopping!
Currently: 2018 Midwest Automotive Designs Weekender MD2 (Sprinter 3500 ext 170 wheelbase) Previous rigs: 2014 Itasca Cambria Class C; 2000 MCI 4500e bus conv. American Coach; 2007 Fleetwood Rev. class A; 1990 Prevost XL bus conv. by Country Coach
LA-Hodag2 is offline   Reply With Quote