Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #1

Discounts

What is the expected discount range these days for new Class B vans?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2022, 01:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHarris View Post
I don't think there are any discounts right now as the supply is very short, some are still waiting a year or more for one. I think if you wait till summer is over we might see some price reductions but right now there aren't enough to go around. If a dealer offers you a discount it is likely preceded by a huge increase so you're not really getting a discount, they are just giving you back some of the money they over-inflated the price to in the first place.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHarris View Post
Our MSRP was in the mid to high 130K range and otd ended up being about $112k after all the stupid markups/taxes etc.
Keep in mind the MSRP numbers seem to be inflated over even last years pricing so all relative. Probably paid too much but timing of all of this worked out for us and usually negotiate more but there were so few available with the options we wanted when we found this one. We purchased a new 2022 and 2023's are now available for sale. Most manufacturers are getting away from an Onan generator and going strictly "underhood generator" which is just a fancy word for second alternator so make sure you understand that before you purchase. Many people have reported problems with the "underhood generator" models especially if you get the smaller lithium batteries. Two 100a/h lithium batteries is really not enough power to run an A/C even though it will do it for a short time using the 3000 watt inverters many of the new ones have. Sorry for the "rant" but if seriously looking at these better to understand all of that before going to the dealer who is likely not going to have a "clue" about these and actually gave "wrong" information. At least that was our experience. Hope that helps and good luck!
Old 06-07-2022, 05:27 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
When I was shopping, 0 was the discount. Small RV's are in high demand & sellers know it.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 06:06 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In today's market, and depending on your dealer, I think you're just going to have to start with a discount number and keep lowering it until the dealer stops shaking their head and says yes.

You might well be at or close to MSRP and then have to decide if you're comfortable with the deal.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:10 AM   #6

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2022, 01:01 PM   #7

I just got 0% discount on a ‘22 Airstream Interstate, but was able to get freight and dealer documentation fees removed.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:34 PM   #8

Just bought a new coachmen Nova Li3 and got 26%of msrp only after a big fight. I just saw 29% off though in Louisiana.
OnNTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:11 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm think they are going to be starting big discounts. They are starting to get plenty of inventory. Parking lots are getting full in Elkhart and sales are falling into the toilet.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
I'm think they are going to be starting big discounts. They are starting to get plenty of inventory. Parking lots are getting full in Elkhart and sales are falling into the toilet.
What are you seeing in those parking lots? All I'm seeing are travel trailers. No class A, B, or C. Industry reporting is that TT sales are down significantly but class B sales are still rising.
Punkinhead is online now   Reply With Quote