Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #1

Do you use your shower regularly?

Let's face it, Class B's normally have a small "wet bath" and limited water, especially hot water. Actually, we have two showers, one inside and another one on the outside of the rig; which I've actually used to rinse off our feet. It's very convenient after you've been at the beach.

I have to confess that we've never used the inside shower; although we've used the bathroom for number 1, washing and brushing our teeth.

Our shower curtain is so pristine I don't think that the original owners ever used the shower either and they mainly used the rig for wine tasting tours.

I've thought about using the shower a couple of times and with a 6 gallon hot water heater tank, we could do that taking "army showers", but, it means that you have to have a full tank of fresh water and you need to dump the tanks pretty fast since the gray tank is only 21 gallons, it goes pretty fast.

I suppose a follow up question to all of this is; do you use your rig full time?

I'm going to start a new thread on that.

We normally tour and stop in campgrounds with shower and full bathroom facilities. What do you do?
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #2

Full timer here. I only use my own facilities and not the campground's. I also have only really used full hookup sites. I leave the grey tank open until I want it to fill up in anticipation of dumping my black tank, then I use the grey tank water to flush the hose after dumping the black tank. I have a 10 gallon hot water heater, but when I want an extra bit of shower time, I'll use electric and gas to heat the water.

It becomes routine after a few times.
AlabamaAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaAF View Post
Full timer here. I only use my own facilities and not the campground's. I also have only really used full hookup sites. I leave the grey tank open until I want it to fill up in anticipation of dumping my black tank, then I use the grey tank water to flush the hose after dumping the black tank. I have a 10 gallon hot water heater, but when I want an extra bit of shower time, I'll use electric and gas to heat the water.

It becomes routine after a few times.

Yes, I use the wet bath shower regularly. When full hook up available I leave grey water drain open (also open when dumping grey water on ground legal) until ready to dump black water tank, then close grey valve for a day. I do take GI showers, never had a shortage of hot water. I do not do a lot of boon docking, usually two nights, maybe three, without hook ups.
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #4

We use ours for both our morning and evening showers; we have never used campground restrooms.

Even in the very rare case where we are not on full hookups (has happened only once so far when the scheduled overnight location had turned off their water for the season), our freshwater tank (we travel with it full) holds 80 gallons, and we have 100 gallons of gray tank capacity. We have the Truma demand water heater which is absolutely great. Constant and instant hot water (as long as you have water) and it uses less propane than our former OEM RV water heater.

Using the Oxygenics shower head at 1.5gpm, while admittedly roughing it, we can get two 15 minute steaming hot showers and still have about 35-40 gallons of fresh water remaining.

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K
Gray01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:03 AM   #5

Wow. An 80 gallon fresh water tank in a Class B. Nice, although Carrying 700 pounds of water must cut into your cargo carrying capacity, not to mention the space taken up by 180 gallons of tankage. Sounds more like the capacity of my previous DP.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:16 AM   #6

It's not a Class B

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Wow. An 80 gallon fresh water tank in a Class B. Nice, although Carrying 700 pounds of water must cut into your cargo carrying capacity, not to mention the space taken up by 180 gallons of tankage. Sounds more like the capacity of my previous DP.
Yeah, the Arctic Fox 29-5K is a 35 foot 5th wheel.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWeiner View Post
Yeah, the Arctic Fox 29-5K is a 35 foot 5th wheel.
Right, I was on my phone and never realized it doesn't show signatures! BTW we use ours exactly as you use yours.

Dave
Old 10-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #8

Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Right, I was on my phone and never realized it doesn't show signatures! BTW we use ours exactly as you use yours.

Dave
How do you like the 2018 Era? With all the "upgrades and repairs" I made, I could have probably just purchased one like yours..

Do you have a compressor refrigerator? Keep your generator exercised for two hours per month...you have the propane generator, correct?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #9

Quote:
How do you like the 2018 Era? With all the "upgrades and repairs" I made, I could have probably just purchased one like yours..

Do you have a compressor refrigerator? Keep your generator exercised for two hours per month...you have the propane generator, correct?
We're pretty happy with it. Great ride and lots of storage (in the A version). It has the three-way fridge which seems to work fine on all settings. My previous coach had a two-way that automatically went to propane when it lost AC, so remembering to switch this to 12V when traveling had to be learned. I do like not having to burn propane while moving and only use gas when boondocking. As far as the generator, it is propane and I exercise it for 20 minutes under load every six weeks when I take the coach for its exercise run.

One of the best features is the Truma Combi elec/gas heat and hot water. When we head south in January we usually hit a day or two of 20 degree temps and it is a treat to plug in and crank up the heat.

So far the quality has been good. I had the multi-function touch screen fail but the Winnie tech people walked me through the diagnostic steps then sent me a new one that was a snap to install. I learned that you can control everything on the screen from the main panel which was a nice thing to know. The only other problem was that the glue failed on a few of the glossy trim pieces, but I just epoxied them back in place. All-in-all pretty minor things.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Let's face it, Class B's normally have a small "wet bath" and limited water, especially hot water. Actually, we have two showers, one inside and another one on the outside of the rig; which I've actually used to rinse off our feet. It's very convenient after you've been at the beach.

I have to confess that we've never used the inside shower; although we've used the bathroom for number 1, washing and brushing our teeth.

Our shower curtain is so pristine I don't think that the original owners ever used the shower either and they mainly used the rig for wine tasting tours.

I've thought about using the shower a couple of times and with a 6 gallon hot water heater tank, we could do that taking "army showers", but, it means that you have to have a full tank of fresh water and you need to dump the tanks pretty fast since the gray tank is only 21 gallons, it goes pretty fast.

I suppose a follow up question to all of this is; do you use your rig full time?

I'm going to start a new thread on that.

We normally tour and stop in campgrounds with shower and full bathroom facilities. What do you do?
WOW, YES, you can take a full shower for two people without running out of water. A G.I. Shower will last you much longer and I'm hoping your not a water bug. As my daughter takes long showers and long showers won't last for long. Now for anyone who has no idea what a G.I. Shower is, its for saving water.

Step 1. wet the body down turn shower off and soap up the body.
Step 2. wash all soap off and you're done.

Doing it correctly you should use no more than one full gallon of water,best if less.

A Normal shower is three gallons start to finish.

TODAY some Class B's like Coachmen have ON demand HOT WATER.

As to your questions I thought this was a JOKE at first as my reply to the SUBJECT line would have been I hope so, or Do you camp alone much? Funny Subject line. Thanks for the smiles, Stay Clean.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower