Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2021, 08:42 AM   #15

Hi Mr. Mark,

That's great to hear about the 5 year warranty. Definitely an incentive to purchase new, not that I an afford a new one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2021, 07:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Hi Mr. Mark,

That's great to hear about the 5 year warranty. Definitely an incentive to purchase new, not that I an afford a new one.
As long as you are near the dealer to obtain warranty service and are able to get an appointment for service. I has a Class A and Diesel Pusher before my B and didn't consider new for those as I wanted the bugs shaken out and was nowhere near a deal. I bought a new B because the prices for used were simply too close for low mileage used. As far as the manufacturer, mine is on the same Sprinter chassis as the units costing $50K+ more and I'm not sure I wanted to pay that much more for perceived fit-and-finish items. So far it has worked out and I haven't had any desire to visit my dealer for warranty service.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:05 AM   #17

Dave, one thing that I liked about the Pleasure Way build was the use of 2 Lithium 100 amp batteries but not the huge expensive Volta system.

I'm about 200 miles from the NIRVC dealer and only about 7.7 miles from the Mercedes dealer (which is most important). Each new Pleasure Way comes with a personal assistant (by phone) for free for 90 days which I never needed. My assistant is named Brittany.

Also, the new quiet Onan is amazing.

Pleasure Way hit the 'sweet spot' with amenities without over doing it. The ultra suede walls give it a nice touch and I like the memory foam seating. And, it doesn't seem to be overly techy.

It looks like the Era is in the same price range as the Plateau.

Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
It looks like the Era is in the same price range as the Plateau.
Hi Mr. Mark - I guess they are in the same range, but when I look at used ones I see a number of used 2019's asking $159K and my 2018 was only $104K new. Maybe it's Covid pricing!
Old 08-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #19

Yes, I believe it makes a difference. However, that doesn't mean I assume the most expensive one is the best.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #20

My PW Plateau TS is almost a year old now, the MB 3500 diesel chassis has been trouble free, the fit and finish are very good on the coach, and all the appliances and electronics have been working well. There were a few small things that I fixed myself- drawer latch for instance, but overall very happy with the company, design and product. I have enjoyed using the personal assistant they provide to fill in minor gaps from the owner's manual, but it is actually very good and fairly complete.

Tags
class b