Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #1

Downsizing from DP to a B+

Since we are not full timing anymore just part time, we are selling our DP. I really liked it and still do , but time for it to go and try something else. Criteria for the new to us rig, queen walk around bed, 2'x3' shower or corner, wife wants dinnette and a couch. I could just have a dinette with a chair opposite of it. I like the Bt cruiser, lexington and the phoenix cruiser. One slide would be preferred but might have to have 2. Any input on these brands? Thanks, Jim.
Zapper58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We have up-sized and down-sized but have had fleeting thoughts lately about maybe, just maybe, downsizing once again to something like a B+ as well. We haven't even started our research but are interested in what may be out there.
Thanks for a 'short list'.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Sorry, coming from a class A to a class B in my mind would be a real let down.

For me things are too small in most class Cs let alone in a real class B.

Ignoring real class B MHs. My class C has the bigger corner shower of the two provided in most MHs.

My 60 x 80 queen bed is off set so you can really walk around one side. Not scoot around both sides.

Not happy with the stove/microwave plus the couch/sleeper in the one slide across from the dinette.

But that was a trade off I feel I can live with.

I hope you find what you want.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
What you have listed as the ones you want to look at are all C class motorhomes. You can think of B class as more van like than motorhome like (with slides, etc.).

You might want to look at the Sprinter based Class Cs or the larger Ford based Class Cs.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #5

Went from 35' A to a 19' B. The B was nice, but we found we could not manage without also towing and filling either a small trailer or a toad car. Also didn't like making up bed each night. We settled on a 24' Coachmen Orion on a Transit. Gives us the always made-up queen bed that drops down from the ceiling, although one does have to climb up to it. Separate dry bath and shower, separate couch and 2-person dinette. Adequate storage and performance. Works for us. We do love not driving a bus any more even though the room was nice.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #6

When I think of a B+, I think of coach house.

Not sure if they have exactly what you are after but it seems like more of a DP experience than some others.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #7

So we finally got to use our new to us 2008 bt cruiser. Love the smaller size, has most of the features of the DP we had. We just boondocked in Bass Pro parking lot for 7 nites. Besides the normal quirks of a motorhome, really like it. Much better than the big bus we had.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper58 View Post
So we finally got to use our new to us 2008 bt cruiser. Love the smaller size, has most of the features of the DP we had. We just boondocked in Bass Pro parking lot for 7 nites. Besides the normal quirks of a motorhome, really like it. Much better than the big bus we had.
7 nights in a Bass Pro parking lot. Now that's real boondocking.
Addressing the OP. We love our Phoenix Cruiser. We have had other types of RVs over the years and this suits the type of Rving we do. Boondocking off the beaten path pulling the jeep.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #9

We just downsized from at 37' Pace Arrow to the Phoenix Cruiser 2552 27' and we are very happy with our decision. WE did research for months as this is likely our last RV purchase ever. DH watched hours of videos, read up on multiple websites, etc and we determined the PC was the best for us. We are happy and feel confident in the quality as well as many of the features. Good luck on your decision

Kristy in NC
kgb6days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb6days View Post
We just downsized from at 37' Pace Arrow to the Phoenix Cruiser 2552 27' and we are very happy with our decision. WE did research for months as this is likely our last RV purchase ever. DH watched hours of videos, read up on multiple websites, etc and we determined the PC was the best for us. We are happy and feel confident in the quality as well as many of the features. Good luck on your decision

Kristy in NC
Looks like the PC is a well built MH. I couldn't find one to look at when we were in the market for one. I don't know how long we'll have this one but for now it'll do the job. Pleased with our purchase.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #11

I saw a Phoenix Cruiser recently and it's a slick looking rv. The Jayco Melbourne and Forest River Lexington look nice also.

One big issue for me of B+ Is the small holding tank size. Not a big deal for some but it is for us.