RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2020, 05:30 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntrouble View Post
We had our video shop tour / meeting with Terry yesterday. So impressive! Even after watching other videos of his shop and work, I must say, this one was the best. He is working on an impressive variety of both coaches and commercial vehicles. He is so innovative and interesting - I can't wait to meet him in person.

After talking about the toilet concerns, he has me convinced that the Laveo is the way to go. The innovations he includes in his product and his honesty have convinced me that the product is worthy, so if we are able to swing this, the Laveo will be on board.

We got a look at a semi-finished Dual Traveler - what a layout! I am even more excited now than just looking at the floor plan on paper, as I really couldn't tell what was happening with the beds. The rear bed is raised up, so there is storage underneath. And it folds up against the 2 side walls making a passthrough from the front to the back door. The front bed is designed to be "telescoping" instead of folding, so not sure how that works yet. It's hard to believe how much storage he gets in one of these!
When you saw coaches being built did you see any short Transit in AWD?
Pierce93055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxter1971
The cassette toilets installed by Embassy RV in their basic Traveler model do not require a hole in side of van. The cassette is removed by opening the driver side rear door. Attached photo with red arrow pointing to the cassette door, which is inside the van.
That's a really neat solution for cassette toilets in the back. I wasn't aware that he did it like that. I don't know how it would be done for the Dual Traveler, since the bathroom is in the middle of the coach. There's a couch/bed up against that area in the Dual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsofLife
What did Terry say that made you change your mind and become so sure the Laveo was the right way to go? I can't get over the expense of the cartridges (no matter how they get priced, they are way too expensive). And what if a part breaks? Where do you get it repaired? There is also the amount of waste with the cartridges.
Evidently, Terry has had really good luck with the Laveo toilets he has placed in the bathrooms. I have to trust his judgement on this, as I feel his decisions about everything else that goes into his engineering is spot on. It wasn't too hard to convince me I didn't want to deal with a black tank and all it entails! I don't know what would happen if it breaks, but I guess I would have to deal with that if it happens. Since there's no plumbing, I think it could be switched out if we decided we really didn't like it. I do still feel the cartridges are expensive though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce93055
When you saw coaches being built did you see any short Transit in AWD?
I really don't know what exact vehicles they were working on in the shop.
ttowntrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #73

Not to be too cynical, but tell me how much you love it after one of those mylar bags springs a leak when you're disposing of the waste.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #74

Quote:
We had our video shop tour / meeting with Terry yesterday. So impressive! Even after watching other videos of his shop and work, I must say, this one was the best. He is working on an impressive variety of both coaches and commercial vehicles. He is so innovative and interesting - I can't wait to meet him in person.

We got a look at a semi-finished Dual Traveler - what a layout! I am even more excited now than just looking at the floor plan on paper, as I really couldn't tell what was happening with the beds. The rear bed is raised up, so there is storage underneath. And it folds up against the 2 side walls making a passthrough from the front to the back door. The front bed is designed to be "telescoping" instead of folding, so not sure how that works yet. It's hard to believe how much storage he gets in one of these!

Do you know if your video tour got recorded? If so, I would love to see it!

Interesting that the Dual Traveler rear bed folds up. That would be worth seeing.

I've sent Terry an email with questions and a scanned sketch of a floor plan. I received one reply and hoping for another. I do hope to talk to him to finalize a plan and get in the queue. Spring delivery is fine for me. I already live SW new mexico, so won't go anywhere until spring.

Not sure about the Laveo for same reasons as others: pricey and not sustainable.

I'm really enjoying this conversation so thanks so much!
SherryNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante440 View Post
Not to be too cynical, but tell me how much you love it after one of those mylar bags springs a leak when you're disposing of the waste.
Yeah, it's probably a tossup between that and ending up with a stream of black water on my hands and shoes. Each method has its drawbacks, I think. You make the choice that's right for you at the moment, and if it doesn't work out, you make a change.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #76

Not much love for the Laveo...
Still going with it and I will surely give an honest review down the line.
With all the fuss over it, I will speak with Terry or Wanda on a retrofit cassette unit if all the hype turns out to be valid.
Also, be aware that they currently offer the 8' awning as the standard. I called Wanda and she's getting me the price for the 12' unit, which I prefer. Can't imagine it's too much more cost.
I think I saw that short Transit next to the rear wheel drive I selected.

On the disposal topic of the black plastic top ring of the cassette for the Laveo, I would trim that off and recycle if its type 1 or 2 plastic that my city accepts. That's about all I can do on that point.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:32 PM   #77

Quote:
Yeah, it's probably a tossup between that and ending up with a stream of black water on my hands and shoes. Each method has its drawbacks, I think. You make the choice that's right for you at the moment, and if it doesn't work out, you make a change.

FYI, the filled up cassette is inside a black plastic bag already, like a trash bag. If there were any leaks in the mylar part, it would still be contained in the plastic bag, if I'm understanding the concerns posted.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
FYI, the filled up cassette is inside a black plastic bag already, like a trash bag. If there were any leaks in the mylar part, it would still be contained in the plastic bag, if I'm understanding the concerns posted.
That's my understanding also. I look forward to your comments on the Laveo, and if it is possible to switch out with a cassette or other type of toilet if you don't like it.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:26 AM   #79

Quote:
Terry is putting the Laveo in my coach and I totally agree. Price is not an issue for us, only convenience and if something better comes along we will go with that.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #80

Just posted a new video on why we are considering Embassy RV... nothing new or earth shattering. Just thought I'd mention it!
https://youtu.be/eeKawQrZ4PU
Old 09-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsofLife View Post
Just posted a new video on why we are considering Embassy RV... nothing new or earth shattering. Just thought I'd mention it!
https://youtu.be/eeKawQrZ4PU
Enjoyed your video and found it thought provoking.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:11 PM   #82

Maybe I can help

I have the Embassy Traveler (modified) - 2020 Ford Transit XLT Eco Boost 3500 with Dual Alternators (2nd is Xantrex), 450 AH Lithium battery, 3000 W Inverter, 23.5 fresh bladder, 23.5 gray bladder, Laveo dry flush toilet, 12v split AC, 12v fridge, 12v freezer, Cabana (porch and tent). My RV was modified to store my folding fat tire electric bike inside (rear passenger side).

Over the years, my late wife and I had tents, pop-up, Class C and a Class A. I have had good, bad and ugly experiences with black tanks. So far, I have gone thru 2 dry flush bags, about 30+ flushes with no problems. My answer to "what if there is a problem". The Mylar twist sits inside a black plastic bag that sits inside a "bucket". If you can't lift the plastic bag out you can always lift the bucket out. Once the bucket is out your left with a motor, a switch and the drive mechanism. Very simple compared to a black tank setup.

I agree with everyone on the engineering, the high quality, the attention to detail, and the customer service that Embassy builds into their vehicles.

I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. If anyone is close and wants to see my van, let me know. Sherry, I plan on being in Santa Fe in October if you want to meet somewhere.

Let me know is I can help.
Greg
johnsongl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:27 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsongl View Post
I have the Embassy Traveler (modified) - 2020 Ford Transit XLT Eco Boost 3500 with Dual Alternators (2nd is Xantrex), 450 AH Lithium battery, 3000 W Inverter, 23.5 fresh bladder, 23.5 gray bladder, Laveo dry flush toilet, 12v split AC, 12v fridge, 12v freezer, Cabana (porch and tent). My RV was modified to store my folding fat tire electric bike inside (rear passenger side).

Over the years, my late wife and I had tents, pop-up, Class C and a Class A. I have had good, bad and ugly experiences with black tanks. So far, I have gone thru 2 dry flush bags, about 30+ flushes with no problems. My answer to "what if there is a problem". The Mylar twist sits inside a black plastic bag that sits inside a "bucket". If you can't lift the plastic bag out you can always lift the bucket out. Once the bucket is out your left with a motor, a switch and the drive mechanism. Very simple compared to a black tank setup.

I agree with everyone on the engineering, the high quality, the attention to detail, and the customer service that Embassy builds into their vehicles.

I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. If anyone is close and wants to see my van, let me know. Sherry, I plan on being in Santa Fe in October if you want to meet somewhere.

Greg
Thank you for posting this Greg. It's great to see a post from someone that currently owns one, as there don't seem to be a lot of them yet. I appreciate the info on the Laveo also. I wish we were close to Chicago, as I would like to see yours. There is a scheduled get-together in Nashville in November that we plan on attending though.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsongl View Post

Greg

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the input on the Laveo. How much are you paying for the refill bags?

Your rig sounds great! And yes, I would like to see it when you come to New Mexico. I live about 4 hours south/southwest of Santa Fe. What dates do you plan to be there? I've been wanting to shop at Costco in Albuquerque (a mere 3 hr drive) and looking for an excuse.

Thanks so much! Sherry
SherryNM is offline   Reply With Quote