Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #85

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsongl View Post
So far, I have gone thru 2 dry flush bags, about 30+ flushes with no problems. My answer to "what if there is a problem". The Mylar twist sits inside a black plastic bag that sits inside a "bucket". If you can't lift the plastic bag out you can always lift the bucket out. Once the bucket is out your left with a motor, a switch and the drive mechanism. Very simple compared to a black tank setup.

A good thing to know! Wonder if it is easy to repair if there is an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsongl View Post
I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. If anyone is close and wants to see my van, let me know. Sherry, I plan on being in Santa Fe in October if you want to meet somewhere.

A wonderful idea and selfless offer... wish I was near Chicago or Santa Fe!

This is why this forum is so good... it's all about the people! 👍🏼
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #86

Laveo

I just ordered (2) refill packs, (6) refill's in total for $110.00. If you use 15 flushes per refill it would be $1.25 per. I really didn't count how many flushes when I used the first two refills. I just used it until the red line appeared.

In my opinion, it is like the RV...it all gets down to how you are going to use it. Are you going to always stay in campgrounds with a dump station ($40+ per night for your black tank)? Are you going to stop at rest stops, truck stops, Walmart, Cracker Barrel, fast food places with bathrooms and then use the RV toilet less frequently? Are you going to Boon-dock self contained for x days with enough battery power, fresh water, fridge and toilet capacity? Like a lot of the Embassy features, you have options.

The Cabana gives you another option, it can be used as a shower. Just zip the windows and door up. The shower controls and hand shower is long enough to use when you are standing on the deck. The deck is marine grade plastic and will drain off the sides and back. You can use biodegradable soap in your 6' x 6' shower.

Again, how are you going to travel, what lifestyle, interests, hobbies do you need to travel?
johnsongl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsofLife View Post
A good thing to know! Wonder if it is easy to repair if there is an issue?

I will take a look the next time I change the refill.
johnsongl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #88

Embassy RVs are severely lacking in real life videos of their coaches being lived in and used. I would love to hear the sounds of the cooling and heating. Also, how people store away items and prepare/cook food. If anyone here has an Embassy, I would love to watch a video of how you generally live or camp in it. Embassy, Panoramic, PW and Coachmen are top of my list in that order. Will Embassy or Panoramic have a presence at any of the RV shows next year?
Bersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #89

Terry at Embassy RV said he was planning to display one of their vans at the Tampa RV show in January. Assuming the show does not get canceled.
Texan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:00 PM   #90

@Bersch,

There are some Embassy videos on the YouTube channels for Roads of Life and Go Small Live Large if you haven't seen them yet.
ttowntrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntrouble View Post
@Bersch,

There are some Embassy videos on the YouTube channels for Roads of Life and Go Small Live Large if you haven't seen them yet.
I’ve seen them, but they are in a controlled setting and rather sterile. These babies are built to last, waiting to see the newest floor plan, not just the diagram. My wife OTOH loves the Panoramic layout and the light, open nature of it. Personally, I want to avoid the Promaster.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
Terry at Embassy RV said he was planning to display one of their vans at the Tampa RV show in January. Assuming the show does not get canceled.
Cross my fingers. We’d make a special flight to Tampa to see it and hopefully a Panoramic.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersch View Post
Embassy RVs are severely lacking in real life videos of their coaches being lived in and used. I would love to hear the sounds of the cooling and heating. Also, how people store away items and prepare/cook food. If anyone here has an Embassy, I would love to watch a video of how you generally live or camp in it. Embassy, Panoramic, PW and Coachmen are top of my list in that order. Will Embassy or Panoramic have a presence at any of the RV shows next year?

I told Terry about this forum thread, and he noted they do have videos, older vans as well as new ones being built. Apparently, it has been very difficult to get vans recently due to the pandemic, and orders are backed up until at least October.
There was a "camp out with Scott a couple of months ago", and apparently videos will be out of that event, I think on Scott's YouTube channel (Go Small. Live Large!).
They are also working on getting out a history of the company... I think for their Embassy website. He started building the Traveler in 2003 on the Sprinter chassis when it first arrived in USA.
That's all the news I've got!
Old 09-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsofLife View Post

I told Terry about this forum thread, and he noted they do have videos, older vans as well as new ones being built. Apparently, it has been very difficult to get vans recently due to the pandemic, and orders are backed up until at least October.
There was a "camp out with Scott a couple of months ago", and apparently videos will be out of that event, I think on Scott's YouTube channel (Go Small. Live Large!).
They are also working on getting out a history of the company... I think for their Embassy website. He started building the Traveler in 2003 on the Sprinter chassis when it first arrived in USA.
That's all the news I've got!
Thanks! I’ll be looking for Scott and Terry’s videos.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #95

Quote:
Cross my fingers. We’d make a special flight to Tampa to see it and hopefully a Panoramic.
Bersch,
I should take delivery of my Traveler SXL around the end of October or early November. If I make it to the Tampa show I will have some time using the van by then and can give you some insight to what we will have learned by then.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
Bersch,
I should take delivery of my Traveler SXL around the end of October or early November. If I make it to the Tampa show I will have some time using the van by then and can give you some insight to what we will have learned by then.
Thanks! I really appreciate that. Any particular reason you chose the Sprinter XL? Which interior colors are you choosing. My wife doesn’t like the black, says it makes it too dark inside.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #97

Quote:
Thanks! I really appreciate that. Any particular reason you chose the Sprinter XL? Which interior colors are you choosing. My wife doesn’t like the black, says it makes it too dark inside.
I originally had a Transit 350 XL AWD on order through Embassy around mid February. But then the Ford plants shut down and the delivery schedule went out the door. In June I found a new Sprinter 3500XD 170 EXT 4x4 at a local dealer and bought it and worked with Terry to change my order. I think I would have been happy with the Transit but the 4x4 Sprinter is going to meet all my RV wish list items.

The van exterior color is Selenite Grey with black seats. Our Traveler build out colors are black cabinets with light grey platinum main color with a medium grey accent. The light grey colors with all the glass in the front section of the Traveler floorplan gives a light open feel. My wife also prefers a very light color interior. Embassy has an option for white cabinets which really lighten the interior. So the comprise is I get the black cabinets and she decorates the interior in whatever colors she wants. Win-win .
Old 09-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #98

Once again, thanks Texan81. If you have time at some point, could you talk about the process of designing your van and interior, for instance does the Embassy crew go over sample pictures or a computer design program to layout the color palette? What other “control custom” items did you go with. Which toilet? AC on the roof or split AC for a stealth appearance? Do you like the bed or are you worried about making it up every night and tearing down every morning? Did you go with the rear tent option? If you had suitcase or backpacks, chairs, camp stove....is there enough storage in the back to carry stuff? How much water/gray water capacities did you go with? Any other insights are welcome. My brain loves Embassy, my wife loves Panoramic. I hope you post some pics and observations once you receive your coach.