Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #1

Frustrated New Owner Travato 59G

We have owned many MH's in our years, after a lot of research and wanting to downsize we decided on a new 2017 Travato 59G. I have never had more issues with a new RV than this unit, the Microwave Frame is cracked and the Microwave is about to fall out, ok I can deal with that, now the door of the Fridge has fallen off, oh yes the top bracket sheared off, and many small issues. The dealer Camping World said we could come in Nov 20th to look at issues and then order parts and then wait another month to fix. So reality is that it could be 3 months before we can get headed out. They got our money and now we are just a number. I retired in July from GM after 43 years and I would have never treated a customer like this. I guess I am just venting my frustrations..whats next??
pattigary is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #2

I see 3 options:

1 Wait and have them repair it.

2 Fix it yourself.

3 Sell it.

I learned a long time ago that a lot of warranties are pretty much worthless and if you want something fixed correctly and in a timely manner doing it yourself is the best and usually the only option. It is horrible to have to work on something you just bought brand new but if you want to enjoy it I'd just fix it.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Are you anywhere near Iowa? The fastest and most complete service is going to at the factory. Camping World is worthless for the most part. My Navion has been sitting there waiting for Winnebago (that is what Camping World claims, its pure BS, btw) for three weeks.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #4

What was said above. Camping World is worthless. Best repair possibility is go to either the plant in Iowa or Lichtsinn RV just down the street, (they don't care where you bought it). Both of these you have to book in advance.
Next advice is join the Facebook group Travato Owners and Wannabees. Hundreds of owners there. Tons of tips and advice....Good luck
Old 12-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #5

Typical

I have owned 5 new rvs. The last one being the Travato I have now. It usually takes about 6 months to get everything fixed on a new rv. Sad to say, but the quality control from the factory is poor. Ours had a bad arm on the carefree awning, the solar panel hooked up backwards, the drain in the shower was kinked and wouldn't drain and one of the drawers need to be fixed. Though the problems were different with our other rvs, it still took about 6 months for each new one to be completely fixed. Its the dirty little secret of the rv industry. I am in the process of replacing all the drawers with ones I built (except for the front face). Even though the travato is a better built rv, its still far from perfect. I have had issues with $300,000 rvs as well. Good luck, it will be eventually fixed, and like me you should enjoy it.
stew baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

Camping World is not a company....it's a cult designed to suck all the money from you it can while demoralizing you with endless delays and BS...their goal is to break your soul and have you join their family for the rest of your life.
GARRYOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #7

6 month adjustment

I love the comment “it takes 6 months to fix everything on a new RV.” I have found that to be true with our first MH. I am disappointed with the quality of a new vehicle, but I am learning from other comments that this typical more than unusual. Don’t let it ruin your journey.
Nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:24 AM   #8

RV warranty repairs are in a never-never land all their own...

Can you imagine if the new car industry operated in this manner... if you took your big bucks Caddy in for minor warranty repairs & it sat there for several weeks, they would lose customers right & left..!

The RV mfg that tackles this problem head on to really improve their service will be a winner... Of course, the RV mfg’s need to improve their initial build quality control to a point where many warranty issues would be unnecessary... IMHO
Old 05-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARRYOWEN View Post
Camping World is not a company....it's a cult designed to suck all the money from you it can while demoralizing you with endless delays and BS...their goal is to break your soul and have you join their family for the rest of your life.
I read this from their compound, where I'm being held captive. It's true.
Van Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
RV warranty repairs are in a never-never land all their own...

Can you imagine if the new car industry operated in this manner... if you took your big bucks Caddy in for minor warranty repairs & it sat there for several weeks, they would lose customers right & left..!

The RV mfg that tackles this problem head on to really improve their service will be a winner... Of course, the RV mfg’s need to improve their initial build quality control to a point where many warranty issues would be unnecessary... IMHO
Possibly - would you be willing to pay 50% more for a better built version of what you have? For example from a more premium supplier that uses better components?

There are higher end suppliers out there but people still buy jayco and forest river stuff.

I am not defending the dealer or mfg, just asking because it isn't easy to sell premium items to the RV market.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:11 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
They sell it for high end quality.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
I have tried just to consider my experience with Camping World and Winnebago a bad time in this great world of RVing . I am like you , we have had about RV you can think of . From pop-up to class A.
My first and last experience with both Of these companies. Just trying to forget how bad the last four years dealing with Camping World and Winnebago has been. Hopping I have put it in the past with a different RV retailer and RV builder.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:07 PM   #13

Is it Camping World or Winnebago???

Yes, I've heard terrible things about Camping World and we only purchase accessories from them, chairs etc.

What I've also heard is that Camping World doesn't really want to sell you an RV for cash....

Their whole thing is selling you excessive financing at a very high rate.....
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust