Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2022, 07:53 PM   #15

Hi @BrucenMel, Looking for more info on the Grech Strada Ion. What is the covering on the floor? Looks to be a woven material and we have two long haired dogs so not sure that would be a wise choice. The 24 feet is so nice as that extra makes such a difference from a 21 or less. How are you liking yours? Thanks for any info.
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2022, 10:03 AM   #16

There is a couple of folks that are 'testing' the Grech RV. They are on their second one and give their honest opinions (they say) of what they like and don't like . . The one with the light cabinetry is the 2022, the 2023 has a darker walnut type cabinetry.

Look up 'LivinRVision' on youtube.

I wish Grech offered a floor plan where there is more of a desk up front like I have in my Pleasure Way behind the driver's seat. I also enjoy having a TV up front to make it a small living space.

I keep my bed in bed-mode most of the time when traveling. I also enjoy my TV in the bedroom area.

I DO NOT want a macerator..... it will break or clog at some point. I had one on my Monaco Dynasty and had to fix it myself because RV repair facilities are reluctant to fix anything in the poop dept. (that's what they told me). I want just old fashion dump valves.

I also don't want electric shades but the air ride/ leveling might be nice.

I'm always looking for my next RV but that will be a few years. I'll keep an eye on Grech as they are new to the class B market.

Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #17

thanks Mark. Yes I've been watching that channel. That's what piqued my interest in the Grech van. So you like your Pleasure Way pretty well? What length is it? I'll go on their website and checkout the models. I did look at one awhile back but didn't care for it. We were looking at the Coachmen models but the Ram cab was so uncomfortable we gave those up. The Grech vans are really attractive and the 24 ft length is appealing. As I mentioned in my previous post we have two dogs and need a bit more than 21 ft. to feel comfortable. Not to live in but to travel comfortably and not have to go into hotels while on the road. Many of the nicer hotels are not pet friendly so that makes it tough. How do you mostly use your van?
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:11 AM   #18

tb919, every coach made has 'compromises' of some sort. I read about class-B's for quite sometime as I knew that I would downsize at some point.

I found that the fit and finish of the Pleasure Way product was superior to many of the others. They also have a 5 yr. warranty on their work to the first owner (fairly limited warranty).

To me, PW hit all the buttons in a reasonable way (Lithium batteries, Truma water tank/furnace, solar panels, Spyder panel controls, etc.).

My previous large coach was major in the electronics dept. It is nice having a more simple coach.

PW builds on two of the three chassis offered by Mercedes, the 19.5 length and the 22.9 length....... they don't convert on the longer 24' chassis.

There was so much positive feedback from PW owners compared to the other brands that I went with them.

I'll certainly keep my eye on Grech and hope that their quality is up to par!

Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:12 PM   #19

Thank you for bringing this up! I had no idea the number of seatbelts in a rig will affect the insurance cost.
Old 12-10-2022, 03:39 PM   #20

Just as a FYI for anyone interested.

If I'm not mistaken the LivinRVision youtubers have had a Grech B series testing and reporting on it for quite a while now. They are I guess what you would call ambassadors. Maybe check out their youtube channels and learn all about it???
SoonToBeFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:22 PM   #21

22' max length is the general restriction to those National Parks that have one.
Old 06-18-2023, 11:18 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Grech RV?

…..
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:57 AM   #23

I hope to add to this thread in a week or so. I just purchased a 2024 Strada Ion and hope to pick it up by the end of the week/early next.

I've been binge watching many of their "how to" videos on their Youtube channel but come up to speed, but most of it is intuitive.

Not sure if they provide the dump adapter to connect the waste hose to the dump station inlet. Their videos indicate they do but the sales folks said no.

There isn't a water filter under the sink, which hopefully they will add in future models.

Overall, we are excited with the purchase. We have a trip going up to PA and then over to Michigan/Upper Peninsula, down to Chattanooga TN and back to Florida next month. Should be a good shakedown cruise.

More to follow.
woodwardmpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 11:34 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just watched Angie's you tube tour of the Grech, and while she was under the coach touting that everything is neatly tucked up, I noticed that the alternator hangs down, right up front, and is lower than the oil pan. What's up with that?

For a 1/4 Mil coach, I would not expect this.
Just asking.

Mike in Colorado
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Just watched Angie's you tube tour of the Grech, and while she was under the coach touting that everything is neatly tucked up, I noticed that the alternator hangs down, right up front, and is lower than the oil pan. What's up with that?

Just asking.

Mike in Colorado
That's what happens when you add a second 12V alternator on the Sprinter and Promaster since the mount is very low on the engine. The 48V Volta system minimizes the problem as their high voltage alternator is fairly small diameter.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 01:57 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post

Just asking.

Mike in Colorado

That is where the mounting is from Mercedes and the only place to put it. Take it up with Germany.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote