Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #1

Grech RV?

We are looking to replace our PleasureWay, and want something with more seatbelts. Our PleasureWay had 5, and so far I’ve only found the Grech RV Touring Edition, which has 9! Their website says they’ve been in business 37 years, but they are West Coast based so I hadn’t heard of them. They seem to sell primarily through the Campers Inn chain. They are pricey (what isn’t these days?!) but I get a discount through Costco. Has anyone else heard of them? Or have any other recommendations?
Thanks!http://https://grechrv.com/

2022 Entegra Ethos
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2021, 02:54 PM   #2

Remember, with an increase in seat belts, some states will require health coverage of a certain amount per seat! Insurance company will also calculate thusly!
Old 06-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
Remember, with an increase in seat belts, some states will require health coverage of a certain amount per seat! Insurance company will also calculate thusly!
I have no idea what this means

2022 Entegra Ethos
Old 06-27-2021, 09:20 PM   #4

Weeeel Merry, once you are done with the laughing fit just pretend you run an insurance company. Two fellers show up to buy insurance one has a rig that has 4 places with seat belts, the other has one that has 15 seat spaces with seatbelts. Now how much do you wanna charge em for passenger medical expenses places... the same ...????? or more to the feller who can seat 15 vs 4? Its just plain and simple facts based logic extension. Here is some more information for ya to digest.

So in other woids, both vehicles basically mangled fully one had 4 peops the other had 15 as you can see, the 15 seater is gonna create a huge liability so you gotta charge em more to keep your pension funded else your company will go bankrupt before you retire!

Medical Car Insurance Coverage
Medical coverage is one of three main groups of car insurance coverages that also include liability insurance and vehicle coverages.
Medical car insurance coverage helps pay for costs you encounter after you or your passengers are hurt in a car accident.

The two main types of medical coverage are:
  • Medical payments coverage.
  • Personal injury protection.
Medical Payments Coverage

Medical payments coverage will help pay for your medical bills after you are hurt in a car accident.
Medical payments will also help pay for:
  • Funeral costs.
  • Injuries suffered by your passengers.
  • Injuries you sustain as a pedestrian or bicyclist if you are hit by a car.
  • Necessary dental care resulting from a car accident.
Details may vary depending on your car insurance company. Speak to your car insurance agent or representative to learn more about their medical payments coverage.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #5

Thank you so much for your help! Very informative

2022 Entegra Ethos
Old 12-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #6

Merry, Did you end up buying a Grech RV? I have recently been looking at them myself.
WL322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WL322 View Post
Merry, Did you end up buying a Grech RV? I have recently been looking at them myself.
No, unfortunately they were out of our price range. But we saw them at Hershey and they were gorgeous. We bought an Entegra Ethos 20A, which has a second row of captains chairs. Perfect for the grandkids and I. Good luck!

2022 Entegra Ethos
Old 01-07-2022, 05:01 AM   #8

Smile Grech Strada Ion Tour

Hello,
We are total newbs, new to irv2, new to RV, new to snow birding.
We just bought a ClassB Grech Strada Ion . It is stunning. We looked at pleasureway and airstream. Love this Grech.

I see a few people asking about it. We got the tour version, a little extra space. 2ft in back and a closet up front, it does have 5 seat belts and an air suspension. I rode quite a ways in the back seats and it was really nice. Also very excited about the Li-ion battery instead of a generator. Anyway, I’m not sure I can answer many more questions because we haven’t started with it, but stay tuned. I can say, I called the company and they were amazing. The engineer spent 20 minutes on the phone with me providing an overview and tutorial and references. These units are new even to a lot of dealers so it is great that Grech is so available, and helpful.
BrucenMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:59 AM   #9

Thank you

@BrucenMel,
Thank you! Glad to hear you like it, we’re still looking into possibly getting one. I appreciate you taking the time to post because there isn’t much info out there yet.

I do have one question, how do you feel about the cargo weight you get? Is it enough for you? When I was looking it seemed like there was no difference between any of the styles (Tour/Lounge or Propane/Li-ion) for cargo weight so I wasn’t sure how accurate it was.

Thank you again =)
WL322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:04 AM   #10

Grech Strada Tour ClassB

Thanks WL322

About the Grech Strada , you asked about space. Well you are right to think that the class Bs have tiny space…. but our trade off was to be more nimble. Anyway, we found this one to have the most space of the ClassBs we looked at. Ours is the 24 ft so it has the extra foot or two behind the bed. And the “Tour” version has the closet space up front (instead of two more seats), and actually, lots of cabinet space. It has 7 total seatbelts including the cab.

As far a Cargo weight. We haven’t used it yet to find a drag on it… we have attached a swing open Stowaway2 cargo box and a Thule bike rack for two mountain bikes. And those seem great. We don’t really plan on towing. So I don’t know what you are needing but you could certainly call Grech and ask them.

There are not many of these out there yet. And now the chip slowdown will stall more production. So let me know if you get one.
BrucenMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 08:15 PM   #11

Grech

I was in a new Grech today. I was disappointed. I really wanted it. The floor had a big bubbly seam in it. There was a random screw on the floor. I put it in a cup holder and found two more already there. The trim lacked some attention to detail. I wanted this one big time but backed out for a used Winnebago 170x. I hope I made the right choice.

That Grech was gorgeous. They do better than anybody else at hiding the utility connections and access so it looks like it’s just a big gorgeous van.
Kevin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #12

We just purchased a Grech Turismo Ion. We are getting delivery on April 7th. Although we haven't actually gotten our hands on it yet, first impression is very good. Add to that the fact that Airstream is so far behind you're looking at mid-summer and this is about the only other upper tier B van on the market. Interior is awesome and we love the layout. Time will tell how it ages.
Hidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:47 AM   #13

Keep us posted as I am curious how you like it. What you perceive as its weak points. I know what I think, but have no first hand info.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 06:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucenMel View Post
Hello,
We are total newbs, new to irv2, new to RV, new to snow birding.
We just bought a ClassB Grech Strada Ion . It is stunning. We looked at pleasureway and airstream. Love this Grech.

I see a few people asking about it. We got the tour version, a little extra space. 2ft in back and a closet up front, it does have 5 seat belts and an air suspension. I rode quite a ways in the back seats and it was really nice. Also very excited about the Li-ion battery instead of a generator. Anyway, I’m not sure I can answer many more questions because we haven’t started with it, but stay tuned. I can say, I called the company and they were amazing. The engineer spent 20 minutes on the phone with me providing an overview and tutorial and references. These units are new even to a lot of dealers so it is great that Grech is so available, and helpful.
Have a quick question about the additional space at the back on the Strada. When the seats go down for the big bed, would it go over that storage space? How much space is left available when the seats are down? I’m wondering whether the seats would still go down all the way if I have some high cargo at the back. I’m thinking to store my road bike at the back if that’s at all possible. Thanks!
howe is offline   Reply With Quote