Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2022, 03:46 PM   #1

Help with purchase decision

I am in the market for my first B van. I’ve narrowed my choice based on features to four vans: Coachman Beyond; American Coach Patriot Ford; Pleasure Way On Tour 2.2; and Midwest Auto Design Foed Passenger. Any advice on which would be the best choice and why?
APGraffeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2022, 12:33 PM   #2

The same company makes American Coach Patriot and Midwest Automotive Design. In the same factory. That's not a bad thing, just a data point you may want to keep in mind when deciding between these.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #3

The pleasure way is by far the best built, however, I don't know if they offer a four seasons insulation package or if they're offering more than 200ah of lithium batteries. If those items aren't important to you, get the pleasure way. Check into it.
Danny969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:30 AM   #4

If you have access to see all of these models it would help a lot. I am pretty limited in what I could view. Once you look at them you will have an idea which floor plan you want. In our case, we REALLY liked a rear bathroom, but this limited the options of what to buy.

Finally, I would weight the decision also based on the local dealers you have available. I wish I had done this--really unhappy with dealer; takes a lot of the fun out of the purchase.

FYI, we went with a 2022 Coachmen Beyond Rear Bath. We like the RV and have had just two really minor glitches with it. Since we live in the really cold state of MN, I am pretty happy to have gas rather than diesel.
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:46 AM   #5

When we were thinking of selling our current Airstream Interstate class B van so we could get into a new one, we had narrowed our choices down to the Coachmen Beyond Li3 AWD, or the Pleasureway OnTour 2.2. The units from MAD / American Patriot are gorgeous inside, but there are a few small things about them we weren't crazy about, so they didn't make our short list.

In the end, we weren't able to sell our existing unit for a price we liked which would mean we'd have to put a lot more money into a new unit than we wanted. So, we decided to keep our existing van and make a bunch of upgrades such that it has most of what we wanted in a new unit anyway, and at a far lower cost.

Actually, that previous paragraph should give you some hope for better prices on the used market in case you're considering a gently used Class B vs. a new one. If you're not, you should probably at least take a look at that possibility.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help with purchase, purchase