Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #1

Inverter not behaving

I have a 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. The inverter will not turn on. In addition we have a eco trek solar charger that is also "off". I have plugged in to shore power and the inverter won't turn on to accept shore power. I am a bit puzzled. I did just have the windshield replaced last week (Mercedes Sprinter). I have done all of the tricks I know and am looking for ideas.
Greg.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #2

Are coach batteries enabled?
Is the inverter breaker/fuse popped? It may be on the back of the inverter.
Would also check all breakers/fuses at the power centre. Also MB chassis resettable breakers on the outside base of the passenger cab seat, if equipped.
Have any GFCI outlets been tripped?
The owner's manual for your rig mentions "inverter" at least 30 times throughout, so it's apparently a big part of the power systems, and as such could be affected by lots of other stuff.
Did the glass installers bump, pull, or disconnect anything under the hood while working on it? Maybe have a look for loose/disconnected cables.

Roadtrek kept a lot of their "Eco-Trek" technology secret, so it's probably going to require a call to their customer support centre, wherever that is now, if it's something related to those add ons/optional stuff. Do they still have an email address for their technical support? I used to use that method for Q&A before the "troubles".
Good luck with it.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Are coach batteries enabled?
Is the inverter breaker/fuse popped? It may be on the back of the inverter.
Would also check all breakers/fuses at the power centre. Also MB chassis resettable breakers on the outside base of the passenger cab seat, if equipped.
Have any GFCI outlets been tripped?
The owner's manual for your rig mentions "inverter" at least 30 times throughout, so it's apparently a big part of the power systems, and as such could be affected by lots of other stuff.
Did the glass installers bump, pull, or disconnect anything under the hood while working on it? Maybe have a look for loose/disconnected cables.

Roadtrek kept a lot of their "Eco-Trek" technology secret, so it's probably going to require a call to their customer support centre, wherever that is now, if it's something related to those add ons/optional stuff. Do they still have an email address for their technical support? I used to use that method for Q&A before the "troubles".
Good luck with it.
Thank you for the quick reply. I followed your advice and everything seems "normal". I have checked the fuses and circuit breakers. It seems to me that the entire "roadtrek" portion of the vehicle is dead. I have had this before (batteries run down), but hooking up to shore power solved it. Not so this time. The 4 eco trek batteries still have power. When you turn them on and press the reset buttone, you usually hear a "thunk", thats when they are connecting to the inverter. Not so now.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #4

I have heard of the battery enable/disable solenoids failing. Maybe it's as simple as that. Problem is locating the source of the "clunk" or "click" when you cycle it enabled/disabled. Find that piece of equipent and you may find your problem. In my old Roadtrek, it was near the status panel, behind the wall. Approximately?

Suggest trying this question on ClassBForum.com - there's a lot of class B (older and newer Roadtreks, in particular) knowledge and experience over there. They're also a very helpful group. I lived on that forum when I had my Roadtrek. I would bet someone over there has had the same problem, and fixed it.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #5

I am on my third 3K inverter. Just installed the third one. Will be sending the 2nd bad one back for repairs. Will wait to see how much to repair to decide if worth it.
Plug in shore power and see if you are getting 110 volt input, if so turn on inverter and see if you are getting 110 V output. You will have to take off the input output cover to get at the leads.
I have the 110 V input but the inverter is not allowing the voltage to go the the output mode. Reason for a new inverter.
At least your batteries are still good. I am on my second set of batteries (4 200AH) now three of those are to low to take a charge. Will have to get 3 new batteries.

Good luck.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.H View Post
I have a 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. The inverter will not turn on. In addition we have a eco trek solar charger that is also "off". I have plugged in to shore power and the inverter won't turn on to accept shore power. I am a bit puzzled. I did just have the windshield replaced last week (Mercedes Sprinter). I have done all of the tricks I know and am looking for ideas.
Hi Greg,

I sent you a private message as well but wanted to post to the forum also. I have this exact same Roadtrek model and failure, i.e. no 12 VDC input to the inverter and no power or activity on the solar charger. As far as I know, there were no unusual conditions or changes prior to the failure, however, I was not present in the RV at the time. It was reported that everything was running fine in the 12v and 120v systems when it simply stopped working.

Any suggestions or updates are greatly appreciated.

Scott
SWSRoadtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:55 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you measured the voltage at your batteries right at the battery post?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Have you measured the voltage at your batteries right at the battery post?
Thanks. That's my next step.
SWSRoadtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:54 AM   #9

Just an FYI

I had responded to Scott by P.M. My solution was to change the "Roadtrek" installed battery that is located under the hood on the drivers side. That worked.

Tags
inverter