Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2022, 10:28 AM   #1

Looking at a v10 Pleasure Way (2009).

We are looking at a 2009 v10 PW. Wanted to check with the knowledge base here to see if there are particular issues we should look for?

It only has 5k miles on it. Looks to be in good condition. It does seem to pull to on side (which I know can be caused by several things). Are there any known issues with the v10 of that vintage?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks
sedaliaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2022, 12:13 PM   #2

Very low mileage on a 13/14 year old unit is a red flag for me. Means it has spent more time sitting than in use, and that implies all sorts of atrophy, on all sorts of systems and hardware. Chassis mostly, coach probably. Unless the price is very much below fair market value (and that might be a clue) and you're prepared to fix a lot of things, I'd be careful how you proceed. I believe those units on the Ford E350 (if that's what it is?) came with wheel spacers, can't recall why exactly, and they were notoriously overloaded with the upfit hardware to become a self contained motorhome, and that caused some steering and stability issues with them, IIRC. There may be some ways to correct it, or improve it, but that's way before my time on PW B vans. I would probably look for an Owner's Group to ask your questions, or read some online reviews of them, even on other forums that might be more Pleasure Way or "B van" specific.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Winterbagoal. Yes it is the W350 SD Ford chassis. I think we figured out what some of the wishy-washy handling issue was. Tires (rubber is 3yrs old) were almost 20lbs low all the way around. This correction helped a lot. There are other things I know we can do to help tighten up further,

I agree, the real low mileage caused us to pause also, but this rig seems to run fine, we have the maintenance records from the For Dealer, and it is one clean unit for that old. I have noticed that the Gen surges, but I am hopeful some Sea-Foam will help that.

Again, thanks...
Old 07-18-2022, 10:23 PM   #4

Run a car fax report.. look to see if has been in areas of floods or hurricanes.. you have to use your memory to check for these.. have 2 inspections.. 1 for chassis and 2nd for coach.. negotiate price 1st subject to re-negotiate if problems come back for repair.. just like buying a house.. put nothing down until passes .. ask for service records..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-26-2022, 07:02 AM   #5

Spark Plugs

Hi,

before getting this, find out the last time the spark plugs were changed. Ford had an issue with the spark plugs seizing; removing them can cause them to break and requires a shop to remove any broken plugs. This can be quite expensive and time consuming; one of the reasons I traded it in is that none of the Ford dealers wanted to do that job. I'd stay away from the V10 unless the spark plugs have been replaced recently.

Cheers,
Steve
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:25 AM   #6

Spark plug issues were fixed by 2009.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:18 AM   #7

Thanks everyone.

CarFax is clean.

Thought the Spark Plug issue (blow out) was ended in 2005 (4 thread vs 8), but maybe there is another SP issue just getting them out. The rig is 2009 but I am guessing that means the chassis is likely 2008. Previous owner had all maint done by their Ford Dealer.

It is a really nice unit, so we pulled the trigger.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:33 AM   #8

Congrats on your purchase!

On the generator surging, Seafoam might clear it up. If you take the fuel line off before the fuel filter mix half gas and Seafoam with hose going to the filter, run it to see if it clears out.

I tried that with mine and it helped but it still surged a little. I ended up watching a YouTube video of how to clean the carb bowl and jet out without removing the whole carb. That fixed it.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:38 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now that you have the Pursuit, are there any regrets? We are also looking to buy a 2014 V-10 Pursuit. 2013 chassis and house.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #10

SergioP, yeh firm believer in SeaFoam, has fixed many a Boat and small engine tool for me. I will be looking at that this weekend hopefully. I also add a good fuel petcock inline just before the carb so I can shut the fuel off and run the bowl out for storage. Thanks...

Jerry, no regrets yet. Too new. Looking at changing out the stock shocks this weekend also (got some Koni FSDs). It was a little wishy washy in handling. Fixed most of that by just airing up the tires to where they are suppose to be. I understand the front driver side change out can be a real bear...

Would be curious to see what folks have found best for air bag air (loaded & unloaded) that best suits handling.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:07 AM   #11

For the front driver shock, you can get to the top nut thru the inside floor board. Don’t remember if you take the steering boot out or if there’s another rubber cover to access the top shock nut.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedaliaterry View Post
Thanks everyone.

CarFax is clean.

Thought the Spark Plug issue (blow out) was ended in 2005 (4 thread vs 8), but maybe there is another SP issue just getting them out. The rig is 2009 but I am guessing that means the chassis is likely 2008. Previous owner had all maint done by their Ford Dealer.

It is a really nice unit, so we pulled the trigger.
I never mentioned the spark plug blowout, I said they seize. Good luck with your RV and enjoy your travels.
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Spark plug issues were fixed by 2009.
Plug issue was updated in late 2004 not 2009 that is incorrect.
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v10