Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #1

LTV 2019 Price Increases Due to Tariffs

Hi All...we are looking at downsizing from a Class A and really like the LTV Unity and Wonder. Stopped by a dealer today and was warned that prices will increase $5K to $10K starting January due to the new US tariffs against Canadian goods. Has anyone else been told this? I know there are steel and aluminum tariffs but have not heard about tariffs on RV's. BTW....we're in the US.
Thanks!
Geomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

Ask him how vans made in the USA (Triple E) are subject to tariffs on steel/aluminum from Canada. LTV is owned by Triple E RV.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #3

Leisure Travel Vans are Made in Canada.

https://leisurevans.com/about/
knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit View Post
Leisure Travel Vans are Made in Canada.

https://leisurevans.com/about/
Hmmm, thought they moved them to the USA because of the more business friendly "right to work" rules down south.
Must have been someone else.
Or.....
Old 12-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #5

As knit said....LTV is manufactured in Canada. I would be a US buyer. I suspect a bit of sales 101 pressure tactic..."better buy now before the price goes up". I can not find any mention of US tariffs on Canadian RVs for 2019. All I can find is US tariffs on aluminum and steel and Canadian retaliatory tariffs on US made products.

My question was whether anyone else has heard any mention of price increases of $5-$10K due to tariffs? (price increase due on Unity due to the new 2019 MB chassis is a different story)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #6

How much steel and aluminum goes onto/into one of the units you're looking at? If the building materials get tariffed, it makes sense that the manufacturer will raise prices to offset costs.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #7

Geomon-
You could try speaking directly to the Leisure Travel Van factory in Winkler, Manitoba, Canada - the toll free number is: 1-877-992-9906 --- their website is: info@tripleerv.com

The Tripleerv website has a link that lists all their dealers throughout the USA and you could also call around and see what more dealers say.

Recently there was another thread that referenced the hefty price increase for the 2019 MBZ Sprinter chassis. The LTV Wonder [ as you no doubt know ] is built on the Ford Transit chassis. I have no knowledge about any price increase on the Ford Transit chassis.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #8

Thanks 2LT....I spoke to another (more knowledgeable) person who discounted the tariff information. Most of the price increase will be the MB chassis price increase.

Ok...all good info. Thanks to all. Now gotta go get the Class A sold.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomon View Post
Thanks 2LT....I spoke to another (more knowledgeable) person who discounted the tariff information. Most of the price increase will be the MB chassis price increase.

Ok...all good info. Thanks to all. Now gotta go get the Class A sold.
Correct. We ordered a 2020 Unity because we wanted the new MB chassis. We could have saved a few thousand by buying a 2019 but it was worth it, to us, to wait.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelDuo View Post
Correct. We ordered a 2020 Unity because we wanted the new MB chassis. We could have saved a few thousand by buying a 2019 but it was worth it, to us, to wait.

The LTV's 2019 comes with the new MB Chassis. LTV has started running them down the line this week.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
The LTV's 2019 comes with the new MB Chassis. LTV has started running them down the line this week.
The 2019 we test drove came with the 18 chassis. So, I'm guessing it'll be like a 2019.5 model. If someone cancels an order, we're hoping to get into one sooner than the predicted 10 month wait we were told to expect.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelDuo View Post
The 2019 we test drove came with the 18 chassis. So, I'm guessing it'll be like a 2019.5 model. If someone cancels an order, we're hoping to get into one sooner than the predicted 10 month wait we were told to expect.
We have, as well as many others have the 2019 LTV being made with the new 2019 MB Chasiss. All 2019 going down the line are on MB 2019 chassis.

We might not take our LTV when it comes in. Talked with the LTV Factory today. The 2020 LTV units will have at 2000 Watt inverter/charger and AGM batteries. They will add few of the outlets on the inverter. The Microwave will be one of the outlets on the inverter.

They may also add the A/C thermostat with blue wave and hopefully have a remote for the Fan. Time will tell.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
We have, as well as many others have the 2019 LTV being made with the new 2019 MB Chasiss. All 2019 going down the line are on MB 2019 chassis.

We might not take our LTV when it comes in. Talked with the LTV Factory today. The 2020 LTV units will have at 2000 Watt inverter/charger and AGM batteries. They will add few of the outlets on the inverter. The Microwave will be one of the outlets on the inverter.

They may also add the A/C thermostat with blue wave and hopefully have a remote for the Fan. Time will tell.
Problem with that plan is you start your wait time over again.

You can replace the batteries when you need to with AGM. Performance gain, IMHO, is not worth it until the first inevitable change out.

2000W inverter? I'd like to see a photo of somebodies rig that has one. I want to know where they are putting it. If in the same bay as current models, I want to know how they wiggled things around to fit it.

I have a thread in the LTV Forum about inverters, specifically using Victron as a replacement for current 1000W inverters.

As for having the microwave on the inverter: that's not a difficult fix either.

Finally, the Bluetooth thermostat is not that expensive an item to replace if you want it.