Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 10:50 PM   #15

What does the battery level indicator show? [U]13.5 V

What lights are on the control panel? Inverter light saying shore Power Batteries charging

What lights are on the inverter panel? all lights are on

How are you sure the shore power is on. Yes

will work on it tomorrow see if I can figure out something that makes sense

thanks for the input and help will let you know what I find out tomorrow.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #16

I have no 110 Volt output at the inverter. Its fried.
The low voltage works fine, refer, lights and all DC equipment works fine.
I have a Microgreen Inverter, called them they do not have any or make them anymore.
I called KS2 inverter they said they make one that will work but is configured different for hook up. MG has DC one side and AC on the other end. KS2 has both DC and AC on the same side.

Looks like since I have no more warranty with RT, since they are belly up, I will have to replace it myself covering all the cost. To bad only little over a year old.

I guess I will end up buy a extended warranty for the future.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #17

If there are any Roadtrek dealers near you, you could try them to see if they might have a spare MG inverter lying around somewhere. Not as likely as the manufacturer, but might be worth a try. Personally, if it failed once this quickly, a replacement may too. Might be time to bite the bullet and get a more reliable inverter and get it done right. At least you've got an answer now.
Sorry about the bad luck you're having. Who could foresee the problems at Roadtrek? That was an unexpected disaster, considering Hymer's reputation as an RV giant in Europe.
Hang in there, things can only get better.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:00 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Kinda lost in all of this but I do not see that you have checked the ground fault switch. Could this be your problem?
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:20 PM   #19

Yes that was checked.
I have called around to 3 different RT dealers none in stock. They where all very nice when they said any Roadtrek work will have to be paid up front. Can't blame them.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #20

It seems like an unusual situation where there is AC to the inverter/converter that is charging the batteries but is not being passed through to the output. And the output reset button is not tripped. What do all the lights and the LCD display on the top of the inverter/converter say?
knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #21

Knit,
All the low voltage works fine. All the readings are there charging, levels showing just as normal.
The problem is the component in the inverter is shorted/fried that allows the 110 volt to be sent to the output. I called the inverter company microgreen. They do not make the inverter or have any in stock. He also said there is a device/component within the inverter to allow that function, but that could not be changed out.

RT did stop using that inverter microgreen and started using the KS2 inverter.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190307_105243.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	237315
Old 03-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #22

The suggestion to call a few Roadtrek dealers was a long shot, at best.

Hope you get it solved.
Good luck.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #23

I must say the 3 RT dealers that I called and I have done business with them in the past where excellent in working with my problem. They all seem willing to work and help me with replacing the inverter.
I just want to get the work done with the right inverter for the job. Might DIY just to get it done. But if I have them do it they will cover it with full warranty, a good thing.

I have decide to get an extended warranty for the future of ownership and the warranty can be passed on if I decide to sell it.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:35 PM   #24

Thanks for the picture. Good luck on the replacement.
knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #25

The obvious diagnostic plan is to begin at the 120VAC breaker panel, testing for voltage at every connection,receptacle and junction to the MW oven until you locate where electricity is lost.
A non-contact tester is the easiest and quickest tool to use.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #26

Good to Go, I read all the threads , did you actually confirm that the outlet the MW is plugged into is live ?? Your microwave or most has an internal fuse.

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
That terminal block is a sign of loose connection causing over heating. May be repairable but now is a good time to upgrade. This is why we should check all connections regularly even on new RV's. I would change it and try to repair it for a spare. Best of luck.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #28

[QUOTE=clifford j;4669677]Good to Go, I read all the threads , did you actually confirm that the outlet the MW is plugged into is live ?? Your microwave or most has an internal fuse.

CLIFFORD[/QUOTE

At the inverter there is no 110Volt output the output module is fried.
When plugged into shore power the inverter still get 110 Volt input and the Inverter still works to Charge Batteries, Water Pump all light and the refrigerator.
Will be replacing the inverter, just have to decide which is the best one since they do not make the one that is in use now. Lookin at the Aim's Power 3000 watt sells for around the $750.00 range. There are so many out there, Outback, Magnum, Samlex.
RT was using the KS2 after my coach was built. I guess Microgreen stopped making them so RT went to KS2. The problem with the KS2 is the hook up is different then Microgreen. The MG has DC one side and AC input and output terminals on the other side. As the KS2 has the DC and AC on the same side which would require to do some extended wiring.
Just another RV project to work on , like I need another project.

Tags
microwave