Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #1

Midwest Automotive Designs Weekender 2015

Hello iRV2 Members, I own a 2015 (chassis),2017 MAD Weekender that we really like. I purchased the unit from a private party that didn't know anything about the Weekender. As such, I've never had an orientation around it's operation. I have a few questions to ask. If you have some experience that would be super.

1. Electrical Stability - The power to the coach area seems to be very unstable. I called Xantrex to to confirm the power of the inverter. I believe it's 2000 watts. Has anyone had a similar issue?
2. I've owned my Weekender for 2 years but have never tried to shower. The other day I attempted to turn on the water but no luck. The water works in the sink and toilet but nothing comes out of the shower head? Any idea if there is value somewhere for me to enable?
3. How to seal the shower seams? The seams on the wall corners are drying out and separating a bit. What would be the best option for re-sealing them?
4. Antifreeze Removal - My Weekender initially came to California from St. Louis. Because of the cold the dealer put the red antifreeze liquid in the water system. I've run tons of water through the sink and still can't get thee taste out of the water. Is there something safe that I could add to the tank to remove the foul taste?
5. My Weekender has a small antenna behind the Awning in the rear. I've called the folks at MAD to ask about it. However, they do not know what it's for. Anyone know what the small rear antenna is connected to inside the van?
6. My Weekender came with a Winegard Satellite TV antenna. We use our hot spot for media access. So never used the big antenna on top. Has anyone removed that unit and replaced it with the smaller cellular and wifi extender from Winegard?
7. Intense interior rattling: I've removed all personal items from the Weekender and un-installed the aluminum blind rails trying to stop the rattling. Still no luck. Checked the Fantasic Fan. Seems okey. The rattling is up in the cabinet and shower areas. I've wrapped the shower fixture with cloth too. Any ideas on how to quiet down the coach portion of the RV?

Sorry for all the questions. All the best.

John
Temecula, CA
johnharper@cox.net
johnharpertv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #2

Regarding the Winegard Satellite dish: We are going to have that dish removed from our used Airstream Interstate because we have zero interest in satellite TV while on the road. However, there will be mounting holes that must be covered and patched. So, we're hiring a professional who has removed these from several other vans and knows what must be done.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote