Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

Newbee! Just joined.

Hello,
I live in a very small town on the Oregon coast and unable to shop Rv's without driving 2+ hours each way. So, I have a few questions that can't be answered by looking at photos. One that may seem silly to many, is how do you know if the "all wood" cabinets are wood covered in the "contact paper" looking stuff or actually wood stained or vinyl wrapped? Driving 2+ hours to look at a $70K Class B and seeing the contact paper stuff is disappointing, to say the least. I really like the looks of the Leisure Unity line but have never been in one. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
kstonetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #2

Call, email, or write the manufacturer of the year/make/model you're interested in and ask them directly about the cabinetry composition and any other specifics. I prefer to go the email route, as you then have an electronic paper trail of their answers, in the event that what they tell you is not the truth.
The only other option is go see them yourself.
You can't be sure about anything you're told on an internet forum, including my suggestions in this thread.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #3

Ah, thanks!
I'll email the factory direct for information regarding the exact year I'm looking at. I assume if they offer different types of upgrades for that year they can tell me how to find that information in some sort of code or serial number. I appreciate your time.
kstonetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstonetoo View Post
Hello,
I live in a very small town on the Oregon coast and unable to shop Rv's without driving 2+ hours each way. So, I have a few questions that can't be answered by looking at photos. One that may seem silly to many, is how do you know if the "all wood" cabinets are wood covered in the "contact paper" looking stuff or actually wood stained or vinyl wrapped? Driving 2+ hours to look at a $70K Class B and seeing the contact paper stuff is disappointing, to say the least. I really like the looks of the Leisure Unity line but have never been in one. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

To answer your question I think you are jumping too far ahead in finding the right RV for your family. First, if I were advising you and I'm not a salesperson or dealer, Look for a floorplan you like and work well with what you want to do outdoors. Next, understand the bath you want as there are two types of WET and DRY. A DRY bath is what you have in your home. A WET bath gets everything wet inside while taking a bath/Shower.

There are lots of websites, but first I would like to suggest this easy to search websites: http://Lazydays.com and http://www.GeneralRV.com
As you are news here is some helpful information about IRV2.

Welcome to IRV2 Forum,

If the two MENU's are a little confusing at first while in the forum, just click on the top right HOME as this will show you a more basic menu before jumping in completely.

In this new forum, your questions about your Recreational Vehicle "RV" will be answered. Take some time to complete your USER CP as this will help members learn more about you to interact online with you. Above you will see two MENU's, on the top is the forum and what is provided for your enjoyment. The Next or second-line MENU is your member's MENU Here you have access to a lot for yourself even a BLOG.

So again welcome as we enjoy your JOINING US and exploring the world through an RV Window or rearview mirror.

Happy Safe Travels to you, Family and or Friends. This group is now even better, that you are here. WELCOME to IRV2 Tell your RV friends to JOIN US.

Learn more by going to the top menu and clicking on FORUMS and click on FORUM ADMIN, some very helpful information to read through.

While I'm only a member like yourself, I am called;
DogMan
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote