Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #1

Okanagan Tribute

Hi, after spending 4.5 months in my 2004 Great West Supreme Classic, I realized some of its design flaws and went on the hunt for another RV .

I was able to compare a 2018 Coachman Crossfit (new)with a 2018 Okanagan Tribute (ex-rental). The Crossfit has a very good build quality, with the Tribute a touch behind it. Many features are identical on each brand.

The big difference between these two designs is placement of the wet bath ... Crossfit, being a tiny one compared to the Tribute. The Tribute's rear wet bath is a touch smaller than my Great West's but still suitable. I use my wet bath on a daily basis so this and build quality are keys for me.

I did not test drive the Crossfit once I realized the wet bath design won't work for me. The Ford Transit used on the Tribute has stock suspension with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine. Ride comfort, handling and power are all acceptable to me. The Transit rides much better in the strong, gusty winds vs my Great West.

Dealer agreed to swap out my lithium batteries (new Life Blue LiFeP04) with the existing AGMs. They also agreed to run two electrical cables so I can connect a portable solar panel. Note that it does come with a roof top solar panel but with the low sun angle in winter time found the portable panels are far more effective. And, when solar won't cut it, there is an Onan generator as well. Unfortunately, batteries on both brands are placed underneath and you either need to crawl under or place it up on a lift. Not very convenient!

In about a week, I will be able to pick it up from the dealer and drop off my Great West as a trade in. The older Class Bs are very popular these days and this dealer knows it; they gave me a reasonable offer that I accepted.

I will follow up to this post with photos and possibly a video since there really isn't much info about the Okanagan Tribute out there.

Cheers,

Steve
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubastevee View Post
Hi, after spending 4.5 months in my 2004 Great West Supreme Classic, I realized some of its design flaws and went on the hunt for another RV .

I was able to compare a 2018 Coachman Crossfit (new)with a 2018 Okanagan Tribute (ex-rental). The Crossfit has a very good build quality, with the Tribute a touch behind it. Many features are identical on each brand.

The big difference between these two designs is placement of the wet bath ... Crossfit, being a tiny one compared to the Tribute. The Tribute's rear wet bath is a touch smaller than my Great West's but still suitable. I use my wet bath on a daily basis so this and build quality are keys for me.

I did not test drive the Crossfit once I realized the wet bath design won't work for me. The Ford Transit used on the Tribute has stock suspension with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine. Ride comfort, handling and power are all acceptable to me. The Transit rides much better in the strong, gusty winds vs my Great West.

Dealer agreed to swap out my lithium batteries (new Life Blue LiFeP04) with the existing AGMs. They also agreed to run two electrical cables so I can connect a portable solar panel. Note that it does come with a roof top solar panel but with the low sun angle in winter time found the portable panels are far more effective. And, when solar won't cut it, there is an Onan generator as well. Unfortunately, batteries on both brands are placed underneath and you either need to crawl under or place it up on a lift. Not very convenient!

In about a week, I will be able to pick it up from the dealer and drop off my Great West as a trade in. The older Class Bs are very popular these days and this dealer knows it; they gave me a reasonable offer that I accepted.

I will follow up to this post with photos and possibly a video since there really isn't much info about the Okanagan Tribute out there.

Cheers,

Steve
Here is my Travel Blog that now includes the Okanagan Tribute. I do include the Pros and Cons of this RV.

Https://stevestravels.home.blog/

Cheers,

Steve
Old 05-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #3

Update #2 of the Okanagan

Hi,

here's a link for a YouTube video of the Okanagan Tribute:

https://youtu.be/2NPlBlFr3rI

Since receiving it, I found my batteries were only charging via solar, not when plugged into AC. The converter was defective and Progressive Dynamics sent me a replacement direct to me. Saved me a 5-6 hour round trip to the RV dealer.

While waiting for the replacement to arrive I decided to upgrade the converter to allow the lithiums (LiFePO4) to be fully charged and is now installed. Also decided to upgrade the solar charger for one that can handle the lithiums.

All systems are functioning as they should be. I have yet to take it for a short trip since weather has not been co-operating. The Truma Combi Plus furnace/water heater is awesome and extremely quiet compared to a traditional RV furnace. In Eco mode it sips propane.

With the height of 10'2" and length of 22' it will not fit in most automobile oil change places (even ones with a pit as opposed to a lift). I did find quite a few truck centres, close by, that will be able to do general maintenance on it.

Cheers,

Steve

Tags
tribute