Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #1

Realistic Discount to expect on new 2020 LTV Unity Models

We are 1st time RV buyers and are attending the Tampa RV Super show this week. Would love to hear from recent LTV buyers on what is a realistic discount to expect from MSRP on LTV Unity Models?
None? 5%? 10%? Greatly appreciate any insight that can be provided us.
KoolTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 08:26 AM   #2

Your best bet is to ask a sales person what is their best out the door price? Then take it from there.
Telling them "so and so told me 10% below ask is what you should give me" isn't worth the paper it's not written on.
Or, find comparables that have sold below ask elsewhere and show them, and try that approach.
It really depends on what you want, and what you're willing to pay to get it.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #3

So pretty much like the ordeal of new car buying, lol. So much more info available on car buying, TRUCAR, KELLY, etc. to help you gauge if getting a good deal or not. Will send out request for a quote to a few dealers (few and far between with LTV) and take it from there.
Thanks!
Old 02-19-2020, 12:37 PM   #4

Last I checked, there is a backlog on 2020 (New) LT Unitys. I was told a 12 month wait if ordered. I have spoken with a few dealers around the country and most are discounting little to none off of MSRP. Supply and demand.....things may change as the year progresses? Who knows.
nolapont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:16 AM   #5

That's been our experience as well. Not much discounting. Makes the dealer service and support performance after the sale all the more important in the decision making.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #6

Interested in this as well. Really like the layouts of the Unity’s but I’m coming from the world of Class A’s where the MSRP is $300k but they are being sold for $200k. Driving off the lot and losing $20k is expected sometimes but I would feel better if I knew this brand is normally at MSRP from any of those that have purchased them. “Fictitious” MSRP’s are just annoying in this industry. The few dealers I’ve talked to are stating MSRP and a 10 to 12 month wait.
Skimoriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:23 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
When I bought my LTV Serenity I was only able to get about 3.5% below MSRP. And, I'm use to getting much bigger discount's, this was (is) my 5th RV
Old 02-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Realistic Discount to expect on new 2020 LTV Unity Models

Even used ones are selling at high prices. They are in high demand and little discounting was done on our casual look last year. B+ vans are the hot ticket while other rv’s are slowing down.this is the hottest brand in that market.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #9

Whatever it is , it won't be enough.

We were at a Roadtrek dealership and show in late 2018.

They had a beautiful 2017 RS E-Trek for sale with a list price of $166,000.

Sales guy says we'll let you have it for $143,000.

Actually, that probably was a good price even though the 6 years warranty was about to "disappear" in a few months with the collapse of the old Roadtrek company.

New Roadtrek under Rapido gave people 2 years following the debacle.

Now, maybe everything would have been fine, but, if you look at the depreciation schedule for a 2017 Roadtrek, it's depressing as hell,

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2017/Roadtrek/RS-E-Trek-Sprinter/6574620/Values

So, make your best deal and be sure it's the exact size you want.

We have a 2012 RS, looked and drove larger Class C's....I like my Class B, it's easy on fuel, handling is good and taking it places is great.
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote