Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #1

Roadtrek versus Pleasure Way versus Winnebago ERA versus Airstream Interstate 3500

A newbie to the class B world here. Struggling to choose. Intended use is for mobile office around state of Florida and on weekends grandparents play ground for grandchildren for short 8-12 hour day trips, sleeping quarters not important. Priorities 1) drivability comfort and fuel mileage 2) office setup for table and workspace 3) comfort for the two under age 10 grandkids and grandma.
Roadtrek versus Pleasure Way versus Winnebago ERA versus Airstream Interstate 3500. Did I miss any? All dealers about equal in distance and reliability. Thank you!
jandersonccim@gmail.com
anderjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Try renting each one for a week and see which you like the best. I think Winnebago will hold up the best.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think Coachouse a Florida brand should be included. I stopped by their factory and was satisfied with their quality and designs They have one piece fiberglas shells. Enjoy the looking. They are on a ford E450 chassis and on the west coast of fla for warranty work.
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
20 years in Class B

We owned a PleasureWay 1997 twin bed model for 10 years and loved it. Previously, we owned a Leisure Van, also for 10 years.
In the Pleasureway we added a 12volt plug at the rear running off the auxiliary batteries (we had two) which meant we could use a laptop in the rear and also one in the front off the engine battery (we set timers to enssure we did not run this battery down too low). The rear table and front round table provided two office spaces where we could each work.
Would highly recommend the PleasureWay - it's quality all the way.

Marlene
jewellkrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #5

Roadtrek...no contest, and the proof is the fact that they sell more than all other class b companies COMBINED. They have been builing Bs for a long time and I think that have just about perfected it. Check Fretz RV out, I think they rent and sell Roadtreks.
mikencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #6

We have also had our Pleasure Way for over 10 years. They also advertise that they are #1. McDonald's has sold more hamburgers than our local steakhouse. that does not make them a better hamburger. I have not owned a Road trek or the other models so I can say nothing bad about them but I sure can say something good about the pleasure way. Buy it!
TheMilkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #7

I think in order to decide which brand is better, you have to first ask yourself "how much am I willing to spend"...as that will dictate which of the brands have models in your price-range.

On the other hand, if "money is no option", then you have to ask yourself which of the following priorities you've listed are in fact MORE IMPORTANT...

For example, you've listed your "priorities" as:

1. Drive ability
2. Comfort
3. Fuel Mileage

But which one is really important to you?

Is comfort really more important than say fuel mileage? Is Drive-Ability really more important than comfort?

Only you can make that call.

If I was in your shoes, then my call would be in favor of Roadtrek and depending on how much I was wiling to spend, my choices would fall between the Roadtrek SS Agile or the RS Adventurous.

I would choose the Roadtrek because:
A. They warranty their craftsmanship for 4 years. Don't know of any other brand in the industry that even comes close!
B. A few more options in way of configurations (Storage vs seating) then any other brand!
C. Portable Tom-Tom GPS unit

Here are what I consider to be the best videos showcasing each brand and what they offer:

* Winnebago Era:
Lichtsinn.com - New 2012 Winnebago Era 70X Motor Home Class B - Diesel - YouTube

* Roadtrek RS Adventurous:
2011 Roadtrek RS Adventurous Camper Van - YouTube

* Pleasure Way: Pleasure Way Plateau 1 - YouTube

And as for who is #1 when it comes to Roadtrek and/or Pleasure Way, from what I found, Pleasure Way claims to be #1 Class B Retailer In CANADA
while Roadtrek is #1 in SALES throughout NORTH AMERICA...big difference when it comes to how one defines "#1"...

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #8

Remember that the Era is also longer than the Adventurous, by about 1.5ft, and taller due to the regular height AC unit vs the low profile on the Roadtrek.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #9

We starting looking at Roadtrek, Winnebago ERA, and Pleasure Way. We quickly had narrowed it down to Roadtrek and Winnebago ERA based on price, features, and reputation. We rented at Roadtrek before we purchased, and I'm glad we did...since we found it to be a little too small for our needs and we then purchased a Jayco Class C. Our RV Dealership gave us a credit from our Roadtrek rental towards the purchase and as it turned out...WELL WORTH IT.
fvarona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #10

Given that the opening poster wants to haul active kids, I think a B van would be too small.
Oldedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #11

The fact that Roadtrek is the #1 selling Class B in North America has to say something about the product. I'm not saying Pleasure Way isn't a nice unit; but I certainly wouldn't buy one without looking at Roadtrek too.
mikencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #12

Which one?

We actually looked at and drove the Airstream, Roadtrek, and the ERA before choosing the ERA. We felt that the year Winnebago took off to redesign the ERA was a smart move. The 2012 interior is very well done and the fit and finish is excellent. Saving $20k didn't hurt either as that's about as close as the other two brands could/would get. If you click on the link below you'll see our new ERA with about 60% of the exterior graphics removed. Winnebago really went over-the-top on the graphics and IMHO, the removal we did really cleans it up.
Click on the "view as a slideshow" above pic #2 to view enlarged pictures.

2012 ERA pictures by RSchleder - Photobucket
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #13

These 2013 models in the UK are fun to look at First pictures of Hobby?s 2013 motorhomes | Motorhome News | Out and About Live
irv2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #14

I vote either Roadtrek or Pleasure Way. Roadtrek are popular for a reason...and these two companies make high quality units. Pleasure Way claims to be #1 here in Canada, but honestly, I see a ton of both. The quality of one isn't any better than the other...so pick the model you like best. I used to see many of these in for regular service, as both companies used to use Dodge chassis until 2003, and they were well built. It was like they were from the same company, because the build techniques looked very similar. Plus both of these were the main choice of RV rental companies, so if they can stand up to that abuse, I think they're a solid choice.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote