Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2020, 05:12 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Shower stopped working

The ITC shower that came with my Serenity was working fine one day then the next just a trickle. All the other plumbing fixtures work fine. Any ideas? ITC has a "shower valve" that is replaceable:

https://www.itc-rv.com/wp-content/up...structions.pdf

Has anyone had this problem and was it the shower valve cartridge?

Thank you,

Wardy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2020, 05:22 AM   #2

Sounds like possible debris, disassemble the valve and shower head, take a look. Most likely a very easy fix.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:14 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve52 View Post
Sounds like possible debris, disassemble the valve and shower head, take a look. Most likely a very easy fix.
I've disassembled the shower head. But there is no way for me without special tools to dissemble the entire valve body as it's behind the shower wall in a small cavity, as far as clogged? Perhaps but it would have had to get past my whole RV canister filter and effect both the hot and cold intakes since it has the same trickle regardless of hot/cold handle mix position. Again, none of the other plumbing is effected.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #4

You might get more help if you put this in the class C category, as the Serenity is a class C motorhome. Greater visibility for other LTV owners. If there's a Triple E MH section, maybe try there, too.

From the LTV website...
"Built on the Mercedes Sprinter, the full fiberglass Serenity balances function and style in one of the most unique Class C RVs on the market. Freedom awaits in the Serenity."

As for the shower trickle, has the plumbing been de-winterized? Is a T-valve or similar in the wrong position?
Do the other faucets/taps/toilet all work normally?
Does the water pump sound normal, if this only happens using the pump.
Does it happen when hooked up to shore water?
Have you hooked up to any water sources that may have been hard water sources, perhaps with a lot of sediments or other impurities? Try back feeding some white vinegar into the hose to see if it dissolves any calcium or other blockages. Might take a while.
These guesses are to save you taking apart the shower to get at the plumbing behind it.
That might still be your only option.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Is it the hot side, the cold side or both?

Remove the shower head and try both sides again.

Has the shut off valve been placed in the off position?

Still no water from either side?

Time to check the control valve.

Good luck and let us know what fixes it.
960 watts of solar, 440 Amp hours AGM batteries
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't assume access to the shower control valve must be from behind. Most all are accessible from the front end for service. ID the valve and find a parts breakdown so you know what to expect before you attempt to dismantle it. It may not be as complicated as you expect. And don't forget to turn off the water supply!
Bsipe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
The ITC shower that came with my Serenity was working fine one day then the next just a trickle. All the other plumbing fixtures work fine. Any ideas? ITC has a "shower valve" that is replaceable:

https://www.itc-rv.com/wp-content/up...structions.pdf

Has anyone had this problem and was it the shower valve cartridge?

Thank you,

Wardy
Looking at the pictures in the instructions I'd bet replacing just the "shower valve" would fix it. From the instructions it seems to be accessible from the front using some pretty common tools. I would pull the valve, then turn the water back on and see if it gushes out of both hot and cold outlets in the temperature valve. Then I'd know if it was just the "shower valve" or something else.

Good Luck!
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Looking at the pictures in the instructions I'd bet replacing just the "shower valve" would fix it. From the instructions it seems to be accessible from the front using some pretty common tools. I would pull the valve, then turn the water back on and see if it gushes out of both hot and cold outlets in the temperature valve. Then I'd know if it was just the "shower valve" or something else.

Good Luck!
I hope you are right as I'm thinking the same, I ordered the "shower Valve" so we'll see. I never had one fail before but clearly something is limiting the hot/cold flow.

Per some other comments: I know I can't get to the whole assembly with out special tools, no assumption on my part. The coach was not winterized, I live in Florida and was using the coach when just that one faucet stopped to just a trickle. true for all valve positions from coldest to hottest-no change in trickle. No difference on pump or city supply, same minimal trickle. Is it a class "B" or "C", most refer to them as "B-Plus".
Old 02-10-2020, 06:19 PM   #9

Had a similar problem. There is a replaceable cartridge in the valve body. I just got a new valve from CH as my particular valve was discontinued and thus no new cartridge. Think the one for current model would work, the entire fixture from CH was not much more than the cartridge only from ITC supplier. Replacement relative easy as access is from front. Just remove the wall plate. A set screw at the bottom of the handle will let the handle be removed to slide the wall plate off.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
Had a similar problem. There is a replaceable cartridge in the valve body. I just got a new valve from CH as my particular valve was discontinued and thus no new cartridge. Think the one for current model would work, the entire fixture from CH was not much more than the cartridge only from ITC supplier. Replacement relative easy as access is from front. Just remove the wall plate. A set screw at the bottom of the handle will let the handle be removed to slide the wall plate off.
Thanks coachmanjay, I ordered the cartridge/shower valve this morning. It would appear an easy replacement/fix.

Tags
shower