Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #1

Sprinter vs Transit

Looking to purchase a class b. Has anyone had experience driving a class b on both a sprinter and Ford chasis? If so,, is one more pleasant to drive over the other?
bspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2021, 09:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspill View Post
Looking to purchase a class b. Has anyone had experience driving a class b on both a sprinter and Ford chasis? If so,, is one more pleasant to drive over the other?
Pleasant to drive is pretty subjective.
If you're buying one, it would behoove you to try them both and decide it for yourself.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #3

Check out http://www.rvlifestyle.com Mike Wendland has done a comparison.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:50 AM   #4

The Ford Transit is far superior in terms of suspension. The Transit is by far the smoother ride over the Mercedes Sprinter. And when you think about how many hours will be spent actually riding in a vehicle like this, an easy ride is important.
colby65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #5

I have had Sprinters (2) and my friend has a Ford. I cannot tell any difference in driving. Both are smooth. I will say for me. the Sprinters have better seats.
gatorfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:57 AM   #6

We have been trying to decide between the Sprinter and Transit also. The Transit seems to be easier and less costly to have serviced, and we would prefer to have a gas vehicle. However, we had (just recently sold) an F150 with the same engine and transmission and had several serious issues that have made us a little concerned about potential problems. I found several class action lawsuits listed online having to do with transmission problems and this engine. So we are still trying to decide...
ttowntrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #7

If the Transit only had the cockpit space of the Sprinter, I'd be in heaven...

Ford has the best power in the 3.5 Ecoboost

Mercedes has the cockpit space
Old 01-22-2021, 05:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
If the Transit only had the cockpit space of the Sprinter, I'd be in heaven... <snip> Mercedes has the cockpit space
That was a major concern of mine. I do all the driving. And I wanted room. So I went with the Sprinter.

The Transit also has a step in the floor, or at least the ones we looked at did, and that could be a problem with some mobility issues.

As to the ride, they’re trucks and they ride like trucks. But if you want a softer ride, at least in the M-B, retrofit the rear axle with a Kelderman ($) or VB ($$) air suspension system.

Tags
sprinter