Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #1

Storyteller vs Embassy?

Can anyone offer an opinion on these two?
Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #2

Dagney, those are two very different vehicles.

Can you elaborate on what your use will be?

Safe travels,
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:49 PM   #3

Long road trips, cross country, 1-2 months at a time. Taking two medium sized dogs. We want to live out of the rig as much as possible, but will be stopping at KOA type places along the way. We like the Storyteller and the Embassy because as far as Class B, their designs seem to be appropriate for living/boondock/long trips.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:42 AM   #4

You know that the Storyteller has a Halo Shower and a cassette toilet....so, virtually no privacy. I follow a couple of guys that Youtube about their Storyteller (Chad and Paul). Their previous Class-B was a Winnebago Travato.

An Embassy seems to be more of a normal Class-B and I don't really know much about them and wish I could be of more help. The Storyteller has the large Volta battery system and no generator (I think).

Also, the Storyteller is on the shorter Mercedes Benz chassis and is a 4x4.

Good luck on your search!
Mark
Old 11-28-2021, 09:46 AM   #5

You might also want to look at 'OUTSIDE VAN' up-fitters that use the Sprinter chassis.

www.outsidevan.com

Mark
Old 11-28-2021, 10:26 AM   #6

Also, vans like Storyteller and OutsideVan will typically have you "pooping in a bucket." Some will have you sleeping on a cushion that sits on top of that poop bucket. If you're cool with that, they are both look like awesome vans, but check your modesty at the sliding van door if you go with one of those bad boys.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:39 AM   #7

For what you're talking about doing, Embassy is the way to go. It provides a more tiny house life like experience. Storyteller is for folks that want to go deep off road and need four wheel drive. It's rugged and capable, but provides a more spartan experience. Storyteller is also 30K more than the Embassy.
Danny969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:43 PM   #8

Thank you all so much! This helps. I’ve been swimming in the deep end of reviews and you tube, but it’s always helpful to get the negative impressions too.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:50 PM   #9

Wow! Those Outside vans are nice! We stayed in a 5th wheel with a small queen bed during a house remodel, and quickly discovered bed size is a priority. We are flexible on the bathroom part. I like the “Open Concept” of the Embassy.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #10
RRV

Dagney
I too have been looking at B vans for over a year and have settled on an Embessy. Originally the Duo but now leaning towards the Traveler. Gonna be 2023 model.
RRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #11

Nice! I recently discovered the Embassy. I like the simplicity, no black tank, marine grade, and they have one option for a 4wd.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante440 View Post
Also, vans like Storyteller and OutsideVan will typically have you "pooping in a bucket." Some will have you sleeping on a cushion that sits on top of that poop bucket. If you're cool with that, they are both look like awesome vans, but check your modesty at the sliding van door if you go with one of those bad boys.
Embassy is only offering composting or Lavio toilets. Many Lavio owners have said they use REI sourced poop bags inside their Lavio toilets because of the expense of the Lavio cartridges.

But at least you don't have to sleep on top of your toilet like you do in a Storyteller.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #13

Great points. We know there are plenty of people who are fine with either, or both of the things you mentioned, and we don't judge. In fact we appreciate the beauty, efficiency and open floor plan of vans like those from Storyteller, and we respect that they are perfect for a large number of class B users.

We're just not one of them. We require at least a wet bath that also has a small sink, a door for privacy, and a black tank. For us, a Lavio or a cassette toilet is a straight up "No, thanks." A wet bath that fits the bill is the first thing we look for every time we check out a potentially interesting class b, because we don't want to get excited about a van only to discover halfway through the video tour that they've got a toilet hidden under a seat cushion, that it's got a cassette, or that it's got a Lavio.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:02 AM   #14

One of the fascinating things about this process is the wide range of "dealbreakers" and how they are different for everyone. I am so glad there is a community like this to share theirs and reasons why. I know the challenge for us will be the bed. An "RV" queen or glorified full size will not work for us.