Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2022, 06:46 PM   #1

Struck-out 5 for 5 trying to find a Ford dealership for our Transit

Just got our new Coachman Beyond. Fantastic!
My question is for little issues pertaining to the chassis, ie. TPMS sensor fault, getting a service writer to say "sure, bring it in". All I've gotten so far is "Sorry, we're not allowed to service RVs"...

Is it this difficult to find a Ford dealership to accept this new van under warranty?
DxRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2022, 07:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Why are you doing all the leg work for a warranty claim.

Check the chassis manual, there should be a customer service phone number. Call them and demand they get you an appointment somewhere within a reasonable distance of where you live.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Why are you doing all the leg work for a warranty claim.

Check the chassis manual, there should be a customer service phone number. Call them and demand they get you an appointment somewhere within a reasonable distance of where you live.

That's what those phone numbers are for, but I wouldn't demand it right I would ask nicely unless you start getting the run around. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:14 PM   #4

You're not the first new Ford owner to have this problem. It seems to be getting worse over time for Ford owners. You'd think they wouldn't be afraid of working on a Transit or E350-E450 chassis, but many are refusing to do it, as reported by new Ford based owners.
When I bought my Navion, I had heard all the disinformation, mostly from non-MB owners, that "not many MB dealers around to service your Sprinter, but there's a Ford dealer in every town, on every corner". So, I asked about where my RV dealer got their lot stock serviced before we ordered it, and we've been using that MB dealer ever since. So far, haven't needed service on the road, but we haven't been out much in the last 2 years, due to all our lock downs, and unsupported by science testing rules for re-entry.
So, ask the dealer where you bought it who they use to get their lot stock serviced and for recalls, and try them.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:38 PM   #5

The link below helped me out. After entering your zip code you go to a screen with potential shops. There is a box of Advanced Filters on the top where you can specifically search for RVs. They only list A and C, but if they take A and C they will probably take B too. Worked for me!

Ford LINK
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMN View Post
The link below helped me out. After entering your zip code you go to a screen with potential shops. There is a box of Advanced Filters on the top where you can specifically search for RVs. They only list A and C, but if they take A and C they will probably take B too. Worked for me!

Ford LINK
I tried that link and called a number of dealers listed as servicing Class A MH, and more than half of them said "NO". So I just got a list of Ford dealers around my area and called each one until one of them said "YES". It turned out to be a very good dealer who has helped me several times; does good work and does it when scheduled. It is only an hour away from home. (Those are few and far between though).
The Ford Customer Service line has helped with some questions and were responsive with information.
Hope you find a good service center,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:03 PM   #7

DxRover, I just looked at your profile and the Ford dealer I use is about two hours from you in Longview, Pegues Hurst Ford. Service Manager is Guy Brady, a real nice guy, 888-381-3035.
They are a Ford big truck dealer, so they might can work on yours.
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:12 PM   #8

Five Star Ford in N. Richland Hills, TX (suburb of Ft Worth) says they service anything Ford makes. I have had work done on previous vehicles of mine and always had good results
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 03:47 PM   #9
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Before I ordered my Ford I looked around. There was a dealer 5 minutes from my house. They agreed to service it and have done so. Yesterday a water service man came to the house in a Sprinter so I asked him about service. He said that he had to flatbed the unit to our nearest large town (180 miles each way) 3 times. He is seriously thinking of getting rid of it and going for the 4 wheel drive Ford.
Old 03-14-2022, 08:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
… He said that he had to flatbed the unit to our nearest large town (180 miles each way) 3 times. He is seriously thinking of getting rid of it and going for the 4 wheel drive Ford.
If I had to have anything I drove flatbedded 3 times I wouldn’t own it anymore even if the dealer was 5 minutes away. My local mechanic does my Sprinter maintenance, and when mine was recalled Mercedes picked it up and dropped it off no charge.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, ford