Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #1

Tore out the old sofa - bed.

I just couldn't abide the work it took to make that think into a bed. Had to clear it off, then avoid the switches on the wall as I folded over the backrest. And then once it was open I couldn't get into the refrigerator.

Installed a futon, without the legs, which also folds into a chaise lounge. Much more simple, more comfortable, and I can get into the refrigerator.

Next, a directional TV antenna and a directional wifi antenna. Got the TV antenna today, looks simple to install. Need to find a rotor for the yagi wifi, but should be able to mooch off a Starbuck or McDonalds from blocks away.

Slowly but surely. In the next week or so a TV - Monitor on a swinging, extending arm and I'll be set.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds great. Where are the photos??
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #3

I sleep on a futon in my stick house...love them.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #4

Photos

You know, I've never taken photos of my projects, from building my own house on down. Wish I had.

Right now there are so many other projects going on in that old Class B that the futon can hardly be seen. Prepping for new interior lighting, the TV antenna controller and remote, the wifi antenna controller and remote, the wiring for those, replacing the interior lights with LED fixtures, installing a CB and XM and their antennae. And wiring.

And the rearview camera along with sideview camera and wiring. Then outside lighting and security cameras.

I tend to do things all at once, like all the wiring, with includes control cables for the directional things, 110VAC and 12VDC and antennae wires and it's simply junked up in there.

And, and the futon is brown and everything else blue. When I'm done there will be a laminate floor and most everything will be brown, but right now the place is ugly. Just plain ugly.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Well, maybe you can post pics when you're done! Sounds like lots of projects in the works. Have fun.