Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #1

Towing a Jeep wrangler behind LTV Unity?

I was wondering if anyone tows a Jeep Wrangler behind a LTV Unity. How is that working for you?
Pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #2

I have to say that it makes almost no sense to tow anything behind a LT Unity. When you consider the time it takes to hook up and uncouple your vehicle it is easier to just unplug the Unity and drive off. Have been across the country and back in our Unity 25MB and did not once wish I was pulling a dingy.
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #3

If you want to (reason attached) why not, as long as the hitch and CGVW say so?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3734807297.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	733.6 KB
ID:	48064

My Wrangler likes the uncommon roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1682126609.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	592.4 KB
ID:	48065  
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
According to their specs Leisure Travel Vans - Unity - Standard & Optional Features the hitch receiver is rated up to 5,000#. My 2-dr Jeep Wrangler weighs under 4,000#, so depending on your gross combined vehicle weight, I think you would be fine.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
If you want to (reason attached) why not, as long as the hitch and CGVW say so?

Attachment 48064

My Wrangler likes the uncommon roads.
Good point. Thanks for the input.
Pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #6

We are with you. We have always towed our jeep......nothing like getting off the beaten path.
Problem now is we have a four door and it is too heavy to tow behind our new motorhome which is a leisure Unity. We are looking for the lightest weight jeep we can find. So far it is the wrangler two door soft top 03 with only 25,000 miles. It weighs 3750, we are worried that that will still be too heavy. Found a 4wd Geo tracker 2003 convertible that weighs a lot less; but afraid it won't go on those back roads out west very good. Have you towed your jeep yet with the unity. If so, let me know what you think.
suzettenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzettenc View Post
We are with you. We have always towed our jeep......nothing like getting off the beaten path. Problem now is we have a four door and it is too heavy to tow behind our new motorhome which is a leisure Unity. We are looking for the lightest weight jeep we can find. So far it is the wrangler two door soft top 03 with only 25,000 miles. It weighs 3750, we are worried that that will still be too heavy. Found a 4wd Geo tracker 2003 convertible that weighs a lot less; but afraid it won't go on those back roads out west very good. Have you towed your jeep yet with the unity. If so, let me know what you think.
First off, while the Tracker is not in the same class as a Wrangler, it's a very capable off roader. The weight you are quoting does not include fuel, "stuff" and probably not even the spare tire. I too have a Unity and the Tracker is at the top of my list for a tow'd.
denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing