Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #1

Travato key fob

Hi everyone,
I’m having issues with the Travato key fob. Sometimes the passenger door locks and sometimes it doesn’t. There is no chirp, only a click sound when it does work. Also, unless there is someone outside that tries to open the doors, I have no idea whether I am safely locked in for the night. I have read where others have had issues and have undone wires, taken door panels off, etc. to get it to work. That is not an option for me! The dealership is not returning my calls! Needless to say I am frustrated! No way I feel safe taking this on the road without knowing that the fob works and that I can lock passenger door from outside AND know that all locks are engaged while trying to sleep inside. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Cbeargrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #2

Are you saying there's no manual locking button or slide or switch on the inside of the door anywhere that you can visually see whether it's locked or not? That seems odd. Promaster van, correct, so "the dealership" is an FCA dealer, right?
Take it to them, don't call them. Show them your problem, and request assistance.
Simple?
Old 10-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #3

They are in Tampa and I am in Pensacola. Trying not to drive back 8 hrs for this.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #4

There aren't any Fiat Chrysler America dealerships in Pensacola?

The Travato is a Chrysler/Dodge Promaster van conversion. The keyless remote fobs are theirs, not the RV dealer or Winnebago.

Take it to your nearest Chrysler dealer and ask them about it.

Have you tried replacing the battery in the fob(s)?
Old 10-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #5

Hi: On the dash below radio, there is a switch. You can activate the all door locks with this switch. It has a small flashing led light when activated. This means the autolock is on. Whey you activate the key fob, this light will also be activated. I have a 2016 PW Lexor TS on promaster. Same van as you so they should work same way?
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #6

Thank you and yes that dash lock clicks and lights up but when I try and open a door from inside it just opens so I’m never really sure if I’m truly locked in.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #7

Unless you have child proof locks enabled, most vehicles are designed to open from the inside when locked, using the inside door handles, in an emergency.
That's normal.

Try this. Lock the doors using your preferred method, then open/roll down the window, and reach out and try to open the door using the outside door handle.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #8

I have an appointment Tuesday at the nearest Dodge dealership.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:44 AM   #9

I can’t believe I didn’t think of that! That will definitely make me feel safer at night. There is still an issue with UConnect system and engaging or disengaging the chirp. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #10

Ok so I locked from inside and then rolled window down and tried opening from outside and it was locked! So good to know and thanks again! I’m going to keep my appointment with Dodge because I like the chirp and can’t engage it with UConnect.