Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #1

Travato Tomtom GPS help

Hello, I recently purchased a 2020 Winnebago Travato K on a 2019 Ram ProMaster chassis. The GPS unit is by TomTom. It came without any GPS instructions or operator manual, and it is very different form the Garmin unit in my previous vehicle. I haven't been able to get any assistance from TomTom, Winnebago or Ram. Has anyone else had an issue, or have found an operator manual?
Thanks.
JnVfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2019, 08:32 PM   #2

Did your Travato come with the "magical black bag" of owner's manuals for non-Winnebago appliances? It might be in there, or in the "supplemental appliances" tome, that should also be in the W "black bag of knowledge".
Beyond these two options, keep pestering them, someone will eventually crack and release the GPS hounds to you.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:49 PM   #3

TomTom is still a GPS thing?
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't know about Tom-Tom but I'll bet the manual is one the internet. Try googling it. The unit should have the model number or ID of some sort along with year information in the introduction.
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:29 PM   #5

TomTom GPS

Thanks for the replies, I have looked into the Magical Black Bag, both volumes and didn't see anything regarding TomTom. The GPS works well, it has directed correctly on a few destinations I was able to save, it's just that I haven't figured out all the symbols yet. I went online to TomTom customer support to download a manual, unfortunately, the instructions don't match what shows on the screen. The unit serial number doesn't show on their list of models. Latest email from Tomtom tells me that Dodge is responsible for operators manuals. Go figure?? I'm afraid this is related to Fiat Group taking over RAM. I'll continue to experiment... Are all Travatos delivered with Tomtom GPS?
Old 06-25-2019, 08:49 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I did have trouble with my infotainment center in my Winnebago Era in a Mercedes chassis. I finally found the manufacturer's name and sddress. Turns out it was an outfit called "Riverbend" as I recall. Found them on the internet and after a couple of walk thru tests over the phone were unsuccessful, they wound up shipping me a new unit with a return slip. I returned the old unit and there was no charge for the replacement. Of course, I had ro pay for the exchange labor at a local auto audio store.
Can you find the manufacturer of your infotainment unit, that houses your GPS?
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 AM   #7

Uconnect Manual

JnVfla I was able to find the online manual on the Mopar owners website. I'll include the link.

https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core....ster/10351.pdf

I've never included a link before so I hope this works and it's what you're looking for.

Ed
Old 03-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #8

Same problem here with my 2020 Travato

Did you ever find the proper owner's manual. RAM ProMaster keeps sending me the Uconnect 3/3 NAV with 5 inch Display manual for the TOM TOM (4 times); however, the icons nor instructions match my system. RAM ProMaster keeps saying that per the build sheet, the manuals they sent are the correct ones. That's why I am asking if you ever got the proper manual. If so, where? The manual on the liink provided by Edventure is the same manual that I have (4 times).
1RVTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #9

You have to go online to get the Tom Tom user manual. Doesn't matter if you buy a Promaster based RV or just the Promaster cargo van, they direct you to go to the Tom Tom website for instructions. I have a Pleasure-Way and a Promaster cargo van. Both told me I could get the user manual online.
Jlo11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #10

I like the Garmin better, BUT......

I recently test drove a brand new car loaner car
that had a new Tom Ton navigation system.... it's not what I'm used to, but, IT CERTAINLY does work fine..

All of these should be easy to use without consulting the user manual, but, they all have them online.

It's my understanding that Tom Tom is bigger and possibly better in Europe...

Garmin seems to be the USA standard.
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #11

Hi, No, I never found the manual for the TomTom. I just figured out the symbols and it does work accurately. I'm sure if we had a manual, there would be ways to program it to function better, but for now, it gets me where I want to go. I often use Google Maps to double check and I receive the same directions.
Good Luck.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #12

I assume that you have seen this manual already -

This is what I am trying to use.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018E-Uconnect_3_3NAV_w5_in-VF_VM-1st.pdf (777.9 KB, 102 views)

Tags
gps