Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Trying to understand Coachmens VANS being partly Li3 & not full Li3

Now. I performed a few searches on this subject. For years after reviewing Class B vans, we came down to our selection. and have waited. Now we're looking over at the Coachmen American Made Transit Ford Van called BEYOND. As I have been reading over the selections. We like Model 22C.

What is a bit of an issue and found nothing while searching through the forums via SEARCH or ADVANCE SEARCH for "Li3, BEYOND"

Here is the question as simple as I can make out the understanding between.
FULL Li3 and what to look for on the VAN? What is with Partly Li3 as I'm finding this is a battery called Lithium-ION, Induction-ION cooktop which the wife likes. Then just a VAN with a Generator, with LP Gas Burners.

So am I seeing these correctly? 3-completely different setups or is there more I'm not fully seeing?
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #2

Have you tried asking Coachmen to explain it to you?

Look up some Cross Fit (the Beyond was the Cross Fit, before the name change) videos, demos, maybe they explain it on one of them.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We have reviewed all of the other questionable VANS and a lot of changes have come about over the last five years when we were not truly actively looking until the last 3-years. The floorplan is a big deal with us and well as to quality of the product.

Now that is not to put the others down, as some folks will live anywhere.
Our first interest was fully Li3. The ERA 70M was very close but not a PURE3 unit as the others Class B VANS.

As for what I'm asking, I would think most shoppers would know and I feel I'm missing something in my reviews. When I see a VAN with Li3 on the outside I know it is. But I step inside and the guy selling them truly not come up to date.

I asked the question, why has this one got an LP gas oven and not an induction cooktop. and the other is part Li3 but no logo on the outside.

What am I missing?
Old 10-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
WOW, Winterbbagoal, Just checked out the Winnebago Class B product line as you suggested. As for the BOLDT, SMALL less than half size REFRIGERATOR on the floor and again they put the wardrobe in the bathroom on the Q70 KL, and the beds are only 26" wide really, more like for two small frame people. They're asking folks to buy a Class B at a Class A price. Sorry that train left the station when I was 20-years old. But like the good book says "a fool and his money are soon parted". What in the world is worth 200.000 in the Boldt when other Class Bs are selling for 120.000 or less. You would also think they would have put more into a colorful webpage for the product. Sorry but not a good suggestion.

If you know anything about the VAN. I truly would like to know what makes it worth 200.000 dollars.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:25 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Winterbagoal, Looks like the Cross FIT is the new name BEYOND. The outside look has no classy look to me and after checking the spec. It is about 3-foot shorter than the MB VAN. The REFRIGERATOR is big and the microwave is off the floor all good. checking the specs again, a nice website with downloads, I don't like that long Anning sticking out over the front looks weird. Thanks, Winterbagoal, This is the Model 22C I have looked at before has the Li3, Just need to do some more checking Thanks
Old 10-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #6

?
Old 10-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Now I am back to my question, which is still unanswered.

Coachmen Galleria and now as I see the BEYOND both have some VANS with Li3 and some without Li3. Then there are some with part Li3.

How can anyone reviewing the models know they are looking at what VAN type?

Now I do not know this for sure but in my crazy review. I see a standard VAN will have NO Li3, but a GAS operated Generator. The next step up is part Li3 showing an Induction Oven. Last I'm thinking is a full Li3 system. The Water tank is not located inside the VAN, but placed under the VAN? I think this is right or maybe close.

Your thoughts
Old 10-16-2019, 06:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
Now I do not know this for sure but in my crazy review. I see a standard VAN will have NO Li3, but a GAS operated Generator. The next step up is part Li3 showing an Induction Oven. Last I'm thinking is a full Li3 system. The Water tank is not located inside the VAN, but placed under the VAN? I think this is right or maybe close.
From my research before buying, it looked to me that the CrossFit/Beyond, which is built on a Ford Transit 350 van base, has a gasoline engine and a gasoline generator, plus an LP tank with LP cooktop and LP heat/hot water.

It has an option for the Li3 battery package (generator deleted), and an optional induction cooktop, but I don't know if they're tied together or can be chosen separately.

The Galleria, built on the 24 ft Mercedes Sprinter 3500 diesel van base, is standard with an induction cooktop and LP generator. LP heat and hot water, also. It is also available with the Li3 battery system (with second alternator for the house batt - don't know what the Ford does there). An LP cooktop was optional, and is listed on the build sheet for my 2018 24T Li3 under "Options". So it sounds like the electric induction cooktop is not tied to the Li3 system as a matter of required equipment.

AFAIK, the Li3 system is just an option to eliminate the generator and replace it with a much larger battery and second alternator driven by the van engine. A larger pure sine wave inverter and solar panel array seems to be part of that package, at least for the Galleria. The rest is just standard equipment or options.

Without the generator, the LP is only used for heat/hot water, so the optional LP cooktop actually makes some sense, as even with the smallish LP tanks of these vans, there should be plenty for cooking and hot water unless you're in a cold area and need a lot of heat. LP generators tend to use a lot of LP for what they do, though that's load dependent of course.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #9

Greg Legatt
Customer Service Manager
+1 574-825-8590

Lindy Hill
Sales Coordinator
+1 574-825-8465
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:34 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We just purchased a 2019 coachmen CrossFit. It is not lithium but has an induction cooktop, microwave,gas generator. The heating and hot water system is a Truma combi that can be fueled by propane only, or a combination of electric and propane or electric only. It has 200 watts of solar and a 2000 watt inverter/converter. The ford transit is a 350 dual rear wheel 3 .7 liter gas engine. IMHO it is a nice, well put together unit that fits our travelstyle and lifestyle.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:03 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanzKran View Post
From my research before buying, it looked to me that the CrossFit/Beyond, which is built on a Ford Transit 350 van base, has a gasoline engine and a gasoline generator, plus an LP tank with LP cooktop and LP heat/hot water.

It has an option for the Li3 battery package (generator deleted), and an optional induction cooktop, but I don't know if they're tied together or can be chosen separately.

The Galleria, built on the 24 ft Mercedes Sprinter 3500 diesel van base, is standard with an induction cooktop and LP generator. LP heat and hot water, also. It is also available with the Li3 battery system (with second alternator for the house batt - don't know what the Ford does there). An LP cooktop was optional, and is listed on the build sheet for my 2018 24T Li3 under "Options". So it sounds like the electric induction cooktop is not tied to the Li3 system as a matter of required equipment.

AFAIK, the Li3 system is just an option to eliminate the generator and replace it with a much larger battery and second alternator driven by the van engine. A larger pure sine wave inverter and solar panel array seems to be part of that package, at least for the Galleria. The rest is just standard equipment or options.

Without the generator, the LP is only used for heat/hot water, so the optional LP cooktop actually makes some sense, as even with the smallish LP tanks of these vans, there should be plenty for cooking and hot water unless you're in a cold area and need a lot of heat. LP generators tend to use a lot of LP for what they do, though that's load dependent of course.
Okay, thinks as you seemed here to outline my question very well. That was a stopping block for me in trying to understand having and not having some equipment. Not sure this will make any cents. But in short you have outlined it very well. Thanks
Old 11-05-2019, 04:10 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask66 View Post
We just purchased a 2019 coachmen CrossFit. It is not lithium but has an induction cooktop, microwave,gas generator. The heating and hot water system is a Truma combi that can be fueled by propane only, or a combination of electric and propane or electric only. It has 200 watts of solar and a 2000 watt inverter/converter. The ford transit is a 350 dual rear wheel 3 .7 liter gas engine. IMHO it is a nice, well put together unit that fits our travelstyle and lifestyle.
Thanks, I have always liked FORD, but the news has them folding up shop soon. Having owned many new F150s, Mustangs and the fight they did keeping the doors open without asking for government dollars. I was very proud of all that, but without the information, you have to go with what you do have and for me, FORD is not a good longterm investment if they seem to be closing up shop. As reported in the NEWS.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
Thanks, I have always liked FORD, but the news has them folding up shop soon. Having owned many new F150s, Mustangs and the fight they did keeping the doors open without asking for government dollars. I was very proud of all that, but without the information, you have to go with what you do have and for me, FORD is not a good longterm investment if they seem to be closing up shop. As reported in the NEWS.
Um, maybe they are closing a facility or two, but don't think Ford is folding up shop anytime in future. Coming out with new fully electric Mustang to compete with Tesla and new Transit chassis with AWD option.

After fulltime RVing for 4+ years we moved back to our house and Now have the Coachmen Beyond Li3. 600 ah Lithium battery, No generator. Uses solar, 2nd alternator, and/or shore power to recharge. 12v dc fridge, AC, and TV. Also 110v induction cooktop and microwave. The MB Galleria Li3 version is nice but more than we could afford. Hope you find what you are seeking.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentster View Post
Um, maybe they are closing a facility or two, but don't think Ford is folding up shop anytime in future. Coming out with new fully electric Mustang to compete with Tesla and new Transit chassis with AWD option.

After fulltime RVing for 4+ years we moved back to our house and Now have the Coachmen Beyond Li3. 600 ah Lithium battery, No generator. Uses solar, 2nd alternator, and/or shore power to recharge. 12v dc fridge, AC, and TV. Also 110v induction cooktop and microwave. The MB Galleria Li3 version is nice but more than we could afford. Hope you find what you are seeking.
Thanks, as I saw your post and did see the review on YOUTUBE of the NEW Mustang-E, I'm not so sure this new vehicle will work out well as for years I have said 400-Miles before refueling is a start. This one is 300-miles fully charged and the 10-mins for a short recharge. Not impressive for FORD and all they have jumped over all the years building Cars and Trucks. I have owned many F-150's and in high School drove a USED 1963-lt Blue Hardtop two-door Mustang with a 289-HP 3-Speed. As to what I have read about E-vehicles, I like the re-charging lane where you don't stop. Then Parking lots and garage recharging parking pad stations. NO power cords.

Now jumping back to the subject at hand. Were in waiting for a Coachmen Galleria 24A Model fully Li3. I did not like that MB only has service areas in Canada or did I miss something? But I'm hopeful with all the Amazons more USA repair and Maintenance locations would pop-up. I do like the fact you can turn off the RV part and run just the MB VAN around town. Being older now bathrooms are a must, Large-Refrigerator for medication safekeeping. With the Kiddos all grown and gone we will do some camping but with the shorter VAN Class B, Hotels are in our future, as we both feel lots more to see and visit in the Northen States and maybe a Canada tour or three. Before in the Large Class A, we had to pass up some small towns with 100's of signages NO THRU TRCKS I saw one new RV'er in Class A who did not head the posted warnings and ripped most everything on his roof. Sad to see, a new RV so missed up, which for me had always kept me away from small-town roadways. If all workouts were looking for January or February.

Anyone with NUMBER of COACHMEN RV's rolling out of Class B assembly lines per-month? I would love to find a website for any or all Up Fitters rollout info.

Tags
coachmen, crossfit, galleria