Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Did you miss the frame part? The tube was about 3" from the bottom of my 5er.
I misquoted the wrong post.. I fixed it.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #30

That makes more sense.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
We flush tp, and have NEVER had a clog. TP that dissolves should be no problem. I can't see having to dump daily unless you have a really small tank and/or lots of people using it.
(Sorry for the delayed response ...Paul, we also flush TP but we do not use a Sewer Solution. What I was specifically referring to is using the Sewer Solution. The Sewer Solution is even less efficient --I'm thinking-- than a FloJet macerator as the Sewer Solution is strictly using a water jet to break up the waste. If no TP is involved, there is hardly any chance to have a clog either at the point where the sewage is being broken up or the narrow "garden hose" it is being routed though once it passes through the water jet. Sewer Solution does not say that you shouldn't use TP but it just makes sense that if no TP is used, then the process would even be more clog proof as several have told us who use them, that if you use the wrong kind of TP, the Sewer Solution "could" have the tendency to clog. But if using TP that has high dissolving properties, then even what I'm saying is probably not necessary to say.)

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #32

Well I decided to just store my sewer hoses in the compartment under the bed after all. It's accessible only from the outside so it's not like I have to drag the sewer hoses inside. I will caulk around the plywood under the mattress if I find odors coming inside.

I had intended to keep it 'clean' but the only other stuff in there is just going to be the electric hookup cord, a couple quarts of oil, funnels, other chemicals (Techron, Stabil, antifreeze, etc), some roadside tools and anything else I might need access to often. There won't be anything stored in there that has to be kept sanitary. With end caps on, they should be fine in there.

I'll also store my dirty 'garden' hose in there too end to end connected. There is a place in the side entrance door where I can store my clean, potable water hose, far away from the sewer hoses.

I think I will get a plastic tote and cut it down shorter for storing the sewer hoses in so any drippings don't get all over the place in the compartment. It would also be convenient for removal and hosing out as needed.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #33

slinky sewer hose storage

I 'm new to rv forums but have had TTs for years. People don't seem to know that 5 inch rigid plastic electrical conduit is sold. Slinky fittings slide right in. I recently bought DB11 in a 10 ft length from Westburne Electric. It was expensive but I've found everything I buy for my trailers is. End caps are available as well. I used a rubber 4 " cap that slid inside . I pinned it I think it works just fine.
rndlrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #34

If I had someplace to actually mount this, i would go with this:
5 in. x 5 in. x 8 ft. White Vinyl Fence Post-73010700 at The Home Depot
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
I store mine in a heavy duty extra large trash bag. It will conform to any shape that the hose will allow it & when it gets messy I just replace it.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #36

I used 4" fence post with a short section of 5" at the end for the fitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0652.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	38820   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0676.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	38821  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0677.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	38822   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0680.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	38823  

AmCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmCruiser View Post
I used 4" fence post with a short section of 5" at the end for the fitting.
Nice job. I like how you used the post for your hangers also.

Tags
storage