Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #85

Cheap Mat Fix

WOW, that gated and concrete driveway makes my little mod look like doggie poo poo... I took a Walmart Main Stay rubber door mat and made floor mats for the wheel wells and side entry in my Class B. One mat (~$2.48) provided enough material for both front wheel wells and the side door entry. Your application may vary.
Best. Shorty sends...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Mat.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	73686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Well.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	73687  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Door Entry.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	73688  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #86

Nice job,
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:14 AM   #87

I sent "Big Edna" to the "spa" (aka body shop) today to have the fiberglass top and sides professionally refinished. She will be ready in about three days and I can't wait to see her! I hope she looks as good as she did 15 years ago when she came off the lot. I'll post pictures when it's done. After that we are off for 2 weeks to Cherokee, NC and points East. Best to all. Shorty sends...
shoret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #88

Hey I like your wheels ! I have a 1988 Ford enconnline Travel craft , your looks like my . Well almost !!
onejosepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #89

Over the weekend, I removed my Dometic 2354 refrigerator and installed my home made version of a Snyder kit. If you aren't familiar with a Snyder kit, it's basically a computer fan mounted on the back of the refrigerator that increases air flow over the cooling fins. The goal is to improve cooling when outside temps are in the high 80's and 90's.
diepenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #90

Removed Travato extra seatbelt Structure

The 2014 Travato has a really tight dinette seating arrangement, somewhat dictated by the design of the support for the extra passenger seat belts . My wife and I decided we would never be carrying extra passengers, so I'd been wondering if I could remove that whole structure, and update the seating.

Well, yes it can be done! I did it the hard way, removing the entire mounting structure. The structure seems over designed by a mile, and actually incorporates about 150lbs of steel! There are areas where the steel is 3/4" thick! We think of RVs as being constructed with the lightest materials to save weight. Winnebago clearly used a different mindset for the seat belt supports, although the passenger seats themselves are supported by only a few wood screws... bizarre.

The removal process involved a lot of grunting at the dozen 1/2" bolts through the floor, snaking a bunch of wiring out of a hole through the steel, and removal of everything in the dinette area, including the floor. If I were to do it again, I'd just use a metal cutoff saw, and cut out the supports under the seat, and leave the 100 lbs of armor plating.

Having the seat belt structure out of the way, we can now use the smaller wedge cushions, and sit farther back away from the table. The next step is to come up with a more workable table. This one is really too large for the area, and as it gets bumped each and every time you leave the driver seat, it's mount is already ripped away from the wall. I'm also considering having a different fresh water tank made, and fit it in the new extra space under the seat. We may also recline the seat cushion a bit, by lowering the wood supports. Once it's all re-outfitted, we'll have some customized cushions made, using the fabric from the old ones.

Hopefully I'll have some energy to work on it more this fall/winter in time for next RV season!

digisnapmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #91

Interesting adaptation to your travato mark.
What I did to my class b today. It was a sad day.. I emptied the tanks and winterized my 2014 travato to officially end it's first season.. 15 weekend trips. I am happy to say it was a great season and I am very happy with my purchase and anxiously await spring
erip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #92

I would agree that the sun will do more damage to tires than the surface, but agree that concrete would be the worst option. Taking it out for a spin every month or so would help in many areas, including engine lubricatoin, AC system lubricatoin, tire rotation, etc.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #93

Started gathering stuff for the inaugural break-in road trip this week. I'm hoping a few days on the OBX will do me some good
Usroverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #94

Will be changing out lower speedo cable in the LeSharo. Also going through the entire electrical system to figure out what ruined my OBX trip...

Usroverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #95

Digisnap, we love the Travato but also hated that table and second row seat, it was way too cramped and extremely uncomfortable to sit on. So decided against Travato. To me they should have just had a smaller pop up table that you could remove and a much more comfortable second row seat, it was the worst thing I ever sat in in an RV.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #96

Yesterday, I added some eternabond to my plastic roof vent that has a crack in it. Just a quick fix until it is replaced. Also added eternabond to a couple of crack lines on the fiber glass roof. They are probably cosmetic but wanted to be sure to prevent leaks in the future.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #97

This last week the Era sat in the driveway while we figured out how much would fit in it and where everything would go. I was pleasantly surprised by two things:
1) It fits in the driveway easily, and nobody complains. Can't say that about the 40' DP we traded in.
2) It swallows a LOT more stuff than I thought it would: Two folding rocking chairs, side table for between the chairs, large mat for outside, grill, grill table, hoses, cables, all the kitchen 'stuff', all the electronic goodies, bath stuff, and clothes! And we have nothing in the shower yet, nothing in the wardrobe, two empty drawers, and one empty cabinet for food. Really???

Here's the only thing I'm still working on. I don't like the silly little sewer hose that came with it and I can't figure out how to store a bigger one. I'm thinking a "wet bag" that attaches to the spare tire carrier somehow.

Still need to work on carrying tools, but I'm thinking a couple of small motorcycle tool rolls that fit in the enclosed door pockets on the Sprinter.

So far, I'm impressed.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #98

I been working on a relay , 4 pin relay Motorcraft . Find out it control the fuel pump . It's a green and black relay that's given me a lot of trouble just trying to find one just like it . They are hard to find ? Any help is appreciated .
onejosepm is offline   Reply With Quote