Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #29

I have a follow up question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
Over a year ago I took my RoadTrek to a Dealer that sold RT's but I did not buy from them as they where in another state. I had a problem with the batteries all 4. They contacted RT and got an authorization to do the work. RT sent them the 4 batteries to replace the bad ones. The work took all day and everything came out fine. There was no cost to me as it was under warranty. Two year old RT.
I get a call today from that dealer and they are sending me the bill saying RT did not reimburse them for the work. So I owe them $2,000.00.
I feel bad for the dealer. When I picked up the vehicle after the work was done, the Warranty Service Adviser said no cost to you everything is under warranty.

I asked the person who called me today why did they wait so long to try and get reimbursed since it has been over a year ago that the work has been done.
He said they have been trying. I told him that when I picked up the RT, I told the WSA that RT was having problems. He stated no worry we have a good relationship with RT as we sell a lot of them.

Maybe I can work with the dealer and see it they will take half of the cost.

This suck to happen right now for us.
WHY did your batteries fail so prematurely?
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2020, 09:03 AM   #30

Not sure why the batteries failed. When I took it in I was having a problem with one of the batteries. I was told they had problems with the type of battery that was in the unit. RT replaced them with a different brand. So RT must have know something that's why I guess they authorized the replacement.

Will wait till I get the paperwork from the dealer and then contact RT and see what they will say. Not sure why the new RT company would care. The Dealer no longer carries the RT brand. They are a very large Dealer.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #31

I still think that the paperwork from when you had them replaced, under warranty, trumps any other paperwork.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
I still think that the paperwork from when you had them replaced, under warranty, trumps any other paperwork.
This. Exactly.

You may have agreed to cover the dealer if they didn't get warranty reimbursement. Or, the dealer may have simply said "we'll now bill this to RT, so go on your way." Either way, it'll be in your paperwork.

If you cannot find your own set of papers, ask the dealer to send you theirs. If what they send you doesn't contain your own promise to repay if RT didn't, you're clear.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #33

To clarify, when the Parts Department guy called me he was not sending paper work per say, just a bill. He said he would look at discounting the cost of the labor. So I am wanting to see what he has on the invoice and then go from their.

Will look today and see if I can find the original paper work.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
$2,000 labor to install batteries sent to them?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
$2,000 labor to install batteries sent to them?
My understanding if is for the batteries and labor. Waiting to get the invoice.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #36

Sounds likely that the dealer got screwed by the receivership of the old Roadtrek. Just like many buyers who lost most/all of their warranties. While legally you might not have to pay, perhaps splitting the cost in some fashion might be a bit more fair to the dealer especially if you need to do business with them in the future. Spread the pain out. I just had this sort of thing work out on vacation rentals that didn’t happen because of the virus. I was able to get partial refunds even though it was past the refund date. Leaves me willing to rent the same properties in the future sometime, but also made sure the property owner got something too.
Knittler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #37

Were your batteries that failed Lithium batteries?

Quote:
Over a year ago I took my RoadTrek to a Dealer that sold RT's but I did not buy from them as they where in another state. I had a problem with the batteries all 4. They contacted RT and got an authorization to do the work. RT sent them the 4 batteries to replace the bad ones. The work took all day and everything came out fine. There was no cost to me as it was under warranty. Two year old RT.
I get a call today from that dealer and they are sending me the bill saying RT did not reimburse them for the work. So I owe them $2,000.00.
I feel bad for the dealer. When I picked up the vehicle after the work was done, the Warranty Service Adviser said no cost to you everything is under warranty.

I asked the person who called me today why did they wait so long to try and get reimbursed since it has been over a year ago that the work has been done.
He said they have been trying. I told him that when I picked up the RT, I told the WSA that RT was having problems. He stated no worry we have a good relationship with RT as we sell a lot of them.

Maybe I can work with the dealer and see it they will take half of the cost.

This suck to happen right now for us.
Someone has suggested that Lithium batteries seem to last "forever"... which I don't think is true?

What kind of batteries failed on your RV in two years.

Further, this person says that you can't "abuse lithium batteries".... another thing I question?

What do you think?
MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWeiner View Post
Someone has suggested that Lithium batteries seem to last "forever"... which I don't think is true?

What kind of batteries failed on your RV in two years.

Further, this person says that you can't "abuse lithium batteries".... another thing I question?

What do you think?
Yes they where Lithium and all four failed. They where replaced with a different brand of Lithium batteries. The dealer said the batteries that where in the coach had problems in the past that's why RT replaced them in the warranty.
Still waiting for the dealer to send the paper work. Then I will call RT and see what they say. If they will reimburse me for the money I send to the dealer I will pay the dealer. Just waiting to see the invoice.
Steve
Old 04-15-2020, 03:32 PM   #39

Quote:
Yes they where Lithium and all four failed. They where replaced with a different brand of Lithium batteries. The dealer said the batteries that where in the coach had problems in the past that's why RT replaced them in the warranty.
Still waiting for the dealer to send the paper work. Then I will call RT and see what they say. If they will reimburse me for the money I send to the dealer I will pay the dealer. Just waiting to see the invoice.
Steve

Don't pay anybody anything. You don't owe them anything.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Don't pay anybody anything. You don't owe them anything.
THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^^
Just hang tight for the moment Steve.
I'm with the majority here, regarding what the dealer is coming at you with, a whole year later, doesn't pass the stink test!
I do not believe you have any sort of liability in the situation.
Priority one: find your paper work!
Best luck to you.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #41

Keep in mind, you have no reasonable way of determining that this dealer is not pursuing you for double reimbursement for an already reimbursed service. Yes, this kind of fraud happens. Even our sainted doctors do this (and routinely get caught at it), so it's reasonable to expect that it occurs at other businesses. While you may feel the need to recheck your paperwork for proof that you are not liable for the charge, the dealer also would need to present paperwork to your lawyer's satisfaction that they were indeed never reimbursed for the procedure. I suspect such a demand would stop this claim cold.
LHRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #42

I wouldn't pay

First, you said the cost was $2000. If that is the total cost of the job, and RT paid for the batteries, why would they say you owe them $2000? Second, When RT was contacted by them, they received a PO (Purchase Order) before starting the work, which is as good as a check. This sounds like they are just trying to get some money out of you. My suggestion, do not agree to pay them anything, because if you do, then you just made a commitment that is the same as a contract. It would cost more to take you to small claims court than its worth, and you can dispute the charge if they send it to collections,as long as you have the receipts.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote