Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #1

Question Winnebago ERA vs Roadtrek RS

We are looking to trade in our 5th wheel for a class B, and are trying to decide between the Winnebago ERA and Roadtrek RS, both built on the Mercedes diesel engine. We would appreciate any insights. Thank you.
opabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by opabob
We are looking to trade in our 5th wheel for a class B, and are trying to decide between the Winnebago ERA and Roadtrek RS, both built on the Mercedes diesel engine. We would appreciate any insights. Thank you.
In 2010 ERA only came in 2500 sprinter chassis look like they upgraded ,if they had offered the 3500 I would have owned an ERA
Bris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
the only problem i see w/sprinter chassis is
auto leveling voids warranty
brianj
Old 09-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser
the only problem i see w/sprinter chassis is
auto leveling voids warranty
brianj
With a short wheel Span I haven't found a need for any leveling system yet .
Thank you it's nice to know if needed its out there
Ron
Bris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #5

You don't say what size 5th wheel you will be trading, but my initial comment would be why the drastic change? I have nothing against Class B's just curious. Have you rules out the Class C's built on the Sprinter chassis? A bit bigger, more storage..

Just asking...

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #6

wildtoad - our 5th wheel spends most of its life in storage. The class B can park in our drive, can be our second vehicle, is great for quick and easy getaways. We tend to be nomads on the road, not staying in one place. When we visit family the class B can be our room, and when they visit us in Florida it can be an added room at our house (which we often need). A class C would still require storage.
opabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #7

We purchase a RS Adventurous Roadtrek three weeks ago. We sold our Class A. We had similar concerns as you have. After 4600 miles, we are very happy. It is a quality unit and enough of storage. When I purchase my class A six years ago and took it out for a trip we had a repair list to take back to dealer. On this trip, we only had to tighten the kitchen sink line which I did myself. Roadtrek has a 4 year warranty when I was looking and none of the others had but one year. I did not know about levelers voiding the warranty and I will check this out with Roadtrek. I only read in the warranty that any major changes to the chassis could be a voided item. We plan to use it more than the Class A...plus I got 18.333 miles per gal versus 8.7 on my A. This was driving in the mountains.
Ms Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 AM   #8

For myself personally...I'd opt for the Roadtrek RS over the Winnegabo. To many reasons to list here, but from just viewing hours and hours of videos on both..my vote goes to the Roadtrek RS.

Good luck in your selection!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #9

We checked out both and ended up with the RT Adventurous 3500 for just a few bucks more. Better warranty and fit and finish. Liked the interior colors and finish better.
gdoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago