Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2021, 06:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrytg View Post
Just bought a new Travato KL RV. It did not come with cab window coverings. Any recommendations for easy but high quality window coverings for all windows and the windshield in the cab? Also, is it easy to remove the toilet? Looking to install a dry flush toilet by Laveo. Thanks

There are some custom coverings available, but I can't recall. I do know they can be pricey.

If your plan is just to block out light for sleeping, may think about a full blackout partition curtain just behind the front seats using a rod or bungie cord. I've seen this a lot.

If you want to maintain your front seats facing rearward for seating and still have the blackout, you would make the curtain long enough to drape over the back of the seats. I'm sure this would be much cheaper.

I plan on doing this in my coach, when it's ready in August.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2021, 06:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
If your plan is just to block out light for sleeping, may think about a full blackout partition curtain just behind the front seats using a rod or bungie cord. I've seen this a lot.
That's what I did for the first couple of trips, using a heavy bungie with soft hooks connected to the two grab handles over the doors. But I now have a white cover that goes over the outside of the windshield and door windows, with magnets in a couple of spots. Gives more room inside, and does better than the sheet we used before. But it does get wet in the rain, and has to be put on in the rain, so there's that.

Oh, mine's a Sprinter, but I would think they're readily available for other vans or cutaways.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:09 AM   #17

If you want high-quality custom shades for your windshield and side windows, you could try these. We ordered a set for our Sprinter, and they also make shades for Promaster. I will admit up front that the prices are not low, but they are custom, handmade, in Oregon (e.g. Made in the USA).

https://www.vanmadegear.com/product-category/Promaster/
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:06 PM   #18

Window shades

Need to know the year. It all changed 2019. I bought weatherguards, work great. Now have a set that came with my 2019 rig I'll sell. Wanted something lighter duty
raytaylr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #19

Travato 1/2” open holes in cab floor

Does anyone else have drilled 1/2” diameter holes in their pro master cab floor through the rubber and insulation near the rear of the passenger seat on both sides? If so what did you use to seal the holes? The one on the door side is half underneath the seat base. Winnebago said Ram leaves these predrilled holes for seat differences. If so what prevents water from going down them onto the metal? Seems like an unfinished look for a $135,000 vehicle.
perrytg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #20

2021 Travato KL
Old 04-06-2021, 09:02 AM   #21

I have a 2020.5K and have the same holes in the floor mat. It did bother me a bit at first but I don’t notice it so much anymore. I just left the holes infilled.
Burgessg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
I went to Lowes (hardware store) and bought plastic plugs to go in the holes.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:37 PM   #23

Holes in floor

Thanks. That’s what I’m thinking of doing, rubber plugs.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:06 AM   #24

Floor hole plugs in Travato

We bought 1/2” hole plugs (Polypropylene) from WIDGETCO.com they fit perfectly , come in grey (not a dark grey), black or white. Just push them into the holes. I thought the grey color was ok but I ordered black ones too just to see the difference.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
You mean those weight reduction holes? That is a feature.

No, it has something to do with ProMaster and the different front seats(bench) you can get. I went down to Lowes and bought some (I think) 1/2" rubber plugs.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 05:31 PM   #26

Sewer hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejaci View Post
Hi Everyone!
We just purchased a 2020 Travato 59K We are trying to figure out the best Sewer Kit for this model As
You know there is little storage space. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jaci
This isn't a direct answer but may expand you options. I hated the compartment for the sewer hose on our 2015 59K. It was not only messy but leaked onto the switch for the water pump killing it.
I took a piece of 1/2" plastic pipe, put a hinge on one end and a catch on the other and arranged across the back of the van just ahead of the rear bumper. Now I just unhook one end of the plastic pipe and it drops down so I can thread the sewer hose onto it, then tuck it back up behind the bumper and attach the catch. It can drip dry without doing any damage.
EmAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 06:51 PM   #27

Diesel Heater install?

Has anyone ever installed a diesel heater in a Travato? Is it needed? I don't own a Travato, but i am looking for one to use for work travel. I am based out of Ohio, so i need to use it in the winter. Not sure if the factory heater is enough.
hoss1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #28

Definitely needed if you do winter driving

We have the 2016 59k diesel and really enjoy it. A heater is a great idea. Anything under 40 F is chilly. Have looked at the diesel heaters but haven't made the move yet. Don't get caught in the cold weather all that often so it's not high on the priority list.
EmAre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago