Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Travato

Would like to hear any reviews of the Winnebago Travato. I am looking to replace my class C with a class B. I am interested in the Travato BU259G. The closest dealership is about 200 miles away. I will be taking a trip down there to look but would like your input also.
Silvergrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sister-in-law bought one a couple of months ago and has not had much chance to use it wit the lock down. They have checked it over really well in the driveway and a few grocery runs and so far, no issues.

Ken
Old 05-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #3

SilverGrey, I've read tons on the Travato as that is what I thought I wanted. After reading many, many articles and their facebook page (have to join to see).... I found that the Winnebago Boldt is what would work for me.

I'm still a 'wannabee' as they call it. I may order in the Fall.

Keep in mind, that the 'G' Travato has a bathroom room shower pump that you have to really pay attention to it and keep it clean. Personally, I like the twin bed version (K) as you get the full wet bath in the back (same for the Boldt). The Travato is offered in the K and G with a generator and the KL and GL with no genny and lithium batteries. There is an extra alternator on the engine for the lithium systems to keep it charged and you can run the air conditioning most of the day without a recharge.

I like the Lithium version as I don't want a generator. The Boldt is diesel on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis and the Travato is a gas unit on the Ram Promaster chassis.

What pushed me to the Sprinter is that it has the safety features that the Travato does not have like, lane control, auto braking, bumper sensors, auto high-beams, etc. The Travato has 'auto engine start' when equipped the Lithium Pure3 system and the Boldt Pure3 system does not because it is a diesel.

Both are nice units. Hope that you find the one that you like!

Mark
Old 05-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #4

Thank You

Mr. Mark your suggestion to join the FB Travato page was the one of the best. I just joined and already have learned so much from it. It has already changed my mind and will be going for a model with the lithium batteries. Thank you again safe and happy travels.
Silvergrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:49 PM   #5

I'm looking Hard at the National Parks KL for the larger battery pack mostly.

I looked at the Boldt K model but quickly factored it out due the bed width being a lot narrower than the Travato. I would roll of a Boldt bed every night.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #6

Bad Bolt, I haven't seen a Boldt or Travato in person yet, I've read a lot about them in the last year. Keep in mind that you can extend the width of the driver's side bed on the Boldt for extra space as you can use the back cushion to fill the void.

Both are very nice units. The Boldt is about 2 ft. longer than the Travato so that is something to consider depending how you are going to use it.

The National Park version of the Travato is nice with the larger Lithium battery bank. And, this model comes with an extra portable solar panel that can be connected to the side of the van and positioned to the sun. But, it's like they say, trying to charge a Lithium battery bank is like dripping water in Lake Meade to fill it up! LOL! Starting the engine is the best way to charge the Lithium system.

Good luck on your search!

Mark
Old 05-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Iíve had about a dozen Class B, all Volkswagens. I have two suggestions for anyone who is B shopping.

First, if you are traveling with another person, try to imagine how the floorplan will work when you want to do different activities in the same confined space, especially if one person is sleeping. Can you use the toilet without climbing over them on the bed?

Second, take a long drive one each of the different platforms, with a significant load like you would have in a converted van. Rent a van for a day, or a weekend. If itís just a cargo or passenger van, load it up and drive for several hours. Mercedes, Ford, and Ram are very different. Look at the towing capacity, if you intend to use it for towing. That factor alone may rule-out Ford and Ram for many buyers.
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My few simple suggestions are if you can videotape your walkthrough (IF THEY WILL LET YOU) with the person telling you how everything works. Doing this may come in handy.

The other thing you said was the dealer was 200-miles away. A rent a car and you want to have to worry about bring it back. Some dealers will even come out and pick you up.

Just some stuff to think about.
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #9

Best sewer kits?

Hi Everyone!
We just purchased a 2020 Travato 59K We are trying to figure out the best Sewer Kit for this model As
You know there is little storage space. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jaci
nursejaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejaci View Post
Hi Everyone!
We just purchased a 2020 Travato 59K We are trying to figure out the best Sewer Kit for this model As
You know there is little storage space. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jaci
Just upgraded my Travato K sewer hose to a 15’ Rhinoflex hose. I keep it underneath the toilet. I removed the screws on the access panel and added a hinge and latch. Big improvement over the stock blue hose!
Burgessg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #11

Boldt'ed and loving it

Just bought the Winne Boldt and love it. Have 1 month and have driven it 1,500 miles slept in it 10 nights.
Best feature for us this being our 5th rig in 33 years of RVing -2 Class C's and 2 class A's is the Adaptive (driver assist) cruise control and my Wife loves driving it, yay! No gen is great to, really dislike the gen grind at most campgrounds these days. I'm 5'11" and 200lbs and slept fine on the single bed.

Here's my inside story.
This is a production line built Winne and they are well known for designing and building nice rigs, that being said there were several things that needed attention to make it more livable. Some things are more personal preference and none are necessary but they sure help. Here we go:

-Sleeping/seat cushions~stock are HARD foam, took the foam inserts out went to a foam shop. They cut them in 1/2 (top to bottom), about 3" and added a cut down memory foam topper from Costco. HUGE difference? The foam shop charged $50! If in the San Francisco area Bob's Foam Factory is the place.

-Added several hooks throughout for hanging hats, clothes, towels ETC

-Removed the nice but space eating TV and sound Bar. Bought a Bose Mini speaker that almost sounds better for music (don't watch TV on the road)

-Replaced kitchen fixed position faucet (same as bathroom, it works there, replaced with a Kohler Mistos Laundry (smaller) swivel, pull out faucet.

-Added an APS iStep Universal 26" Hitch Mounting Step (Amazon) and a 3/4" webbing loop attached to the door frame for entry/exit at the back door

-Eliminated many squeaks and opened all compartments screwed shut to clean up wiring snarls and removed several loose screws dropped during construction

-Carpeted the storage area pan above drivers compartment. It's aluminum and anything hard hitting it rattled like crazy

-Bought an external vinyl window cover for long stays and storage to protect window seals etc

-Will buy a light interior window shade from Weathertech, the one that comes stock weighs 20# and is way big for this rig with little storage area

So thats the start. We plan on using our Boldt for many long comfortable, fast drives. Will try to post any new developments as they come up
raytaylr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejaci View Post
Hi Everyone!
Thanks
Jaci
This may be too late but there is space under the toilet where I store the hose. I unscrewed the screws and replaced the top three with super magnets to keep it closed.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:57 AM   #13

I also used the space under the toilet on my 2020.5K for the dump hose. I added a hinge and a latch to the cover. I also replaced the OE blue dump hose with a 15' Rhino hose. Big improvement -- one of my favorite mods and purchases!
Burgessg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #14

Cab blinds for 2021 Travato KL

Just bought a new Travato KL RV. It did not come with cab window coverings. Any recommendations for easy but high quality window coverings for all windows and the windshield in the cab? Also, is it easy to remove the toilet? Looking to install a dry flush toilet by Laveo. Thanks
perrytg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago