Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

2012 New Rig pulling to the Right

WOw what a day got a new Ventana le by Newmar and all the way here it was pulling to the right really had to keep a leftward bind on the wheel called the dealer said they would have to alignment,is this common on a new rig ,my old gas had the same thing but it was older and after the aligment it was awsome straight as an arrow ,lol im thinking why do we have something that works but want another that i have to relearn lol, anyway he told me that it happens now and then so is this common
Tabors is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #2

You'd think Newmar would at least align the front ends on their coaches before sending them out. Another poor quality example of which there are too many.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #3

Ang i thought i was moving up s good bit , but i hope thats all it is, but they will keep it untill it is corrected thats for sure
Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty sure that Newmar does align rigs before sending them out. But loading the rig can change things after the buyer gets it. So can changes to tire pressure by the dealer or owner.

Then there are crowned or banked roads (you said your other rig did the same?) and crosswinds that will produce that effect too.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #5

Yes thats what the sales person told me that the load sometimes does this but they will get it im pretty sure.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #6

Well just checked in HOTEL left the rig at a Freightliner shop in Beaumont Texas , they checked the alingment and they say was ok ,showed me the readings but im not a alingment guy so didn't undersatnd it but they did drive in a WOW he was shocked he said it felt like he was doing a lane change, so then they rotate the fronttires and still nothing,he said he could have got in the big lot and gave it gas and just gone in a circle, they ran a check on the bearings to see if one was holding a bind on one side, dont remember the test,so we left the rig there because i was told that Freightliner Techs were ot online today to trouble shoot,but monday they will call the factory direct and go from there,so any thoughts on this.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #7

Update,well after another day the freightliner shop here in texas ,and after the mechanic here made and tried every thing that the tech line instructed they found the thrust angle to be way out don't know how much or even if they could tell but they have since brought it to another truck shop near by that does thrust alignment to have it done, i really hope this is it with no further problems, will keep the pot updated so maybe one day this would be useful to someone, i have had alot of useful information here and thanks to all.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This was discussed some years ago on the forums.

Turns out that not doing a front end alignment before delivery is the industry standard.

Now.. Generally,, They are close enough, but if you see any signs of pulling, or improper tire wear, an Alignment shop is the first stop on the fix it list.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #9

Update

Got her Home again, well its 90% better ,BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! still had a rightward drift, but the steering wheel is now straight, but still ned another look at , will bring it to a shop when i get home in Baton Rouge as the dealer will have to deal with it that time,i called the Tech line myself and had a long talk with the guy, here is the deal , i did a diagnostic check for today and they Idled for 41% of 2.45 hours ,burned 7.9 gallons of fuel and went 54 miles ,all this when the shop they sent it too is 5 miles away , the freightliner tech told me the engines that need the DEF for Rejen should not idle that long,so the shop told me they had to idle it for alignment, ok here is something to add the shop they say had it , i called and they told me they never did work on it or new who i was , so thats got my mind confused. but im almost happy but im hard to please and if it takes 1 year and 100 phone calls and a few threats i'll get it done right.