Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2021, 11:35 PM   #1

2016 Winnebago Forza 36G Fault Codes

Hi there. I used a ScanGuage-D to see what the fault codes were for my parents' coach. The coach wouldnt start, but the engine would turn over. The codes are ID-118, FM-1, CNT-0 and ID-117, FM-1, CNT-0. This coach has a freightliner chassis and an Allison transmission. Any ideas as to what these would be?
Dunmpoiuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2021, 12:18 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Codes are generated from the Cummins engine's ECM .
Is the engine a 6.7l ISB ?
Old 04-27-2021, 01:14 AM   #3

Yes it is.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:04 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ScanGauge codes are cryptic and known only to ScanGauge. Call them to decipher.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:42 PM   #5

Ok ; Re our private messages and your feed back from Cummins the 117/118 codes are fuel pressure related as per the pdf below .
BUT , the ISB isn't listed , in the pdf, as an engine the codes apply too .

With the batteries being out for the winter as you mentioned in the PM, wiring damage is a possibility . I'll check to be sure , but the fuel pressure sensor should be on the HPCR pump . I don't think I have a location diagram for the coach version of the engine , so I'll have to search one out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cummins codes.pdf (398.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-30-2021, 10:54 PM   #6

Ok , from the internet , on the coach version of the 6.7l Cummins , I believe the HPCR pressure pump ( blue oval ) will be in this location .

HOWEVER , in another photo the location of the air system compressor ( low mounted here ) and the fuel pressure pump are reversed .

The engine wiring harness isn't shown , but should start at one multiple connector of the ECM , and run to all the sensors . the other connector would be the chassis harness connector .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISB6_7-2007-.png
Views:	4
Size:	498.3 KB
ID:	326852  
Old 05-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #7

wow, thanks for that. This engine looks a little different especially when it comes to the fuel lines. It is nearly impossible to get to that spot with the way the coach is currently parked. I will try to get at it tomorrow unless it rains. Thank you.

Is there a spot where I could prime the engine or is it usually the electronic priming with the key 3 times? I tried the electronic version but didnt hear a pump come on
Old 05-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunmpoiuy View Post

Is there a spot where I could prime the engine or is it usually the electronic priming with the key 3 times? I tried the electronic version but didn't hear a pump come on
Ok , fuel priming on a Cummins B , some years are set up to run a lift pump for ( 20/30 seconds) on key ON, up to three cycles before cranking the engine; other years require the starter be bumped ( a second or two of cranking ) to start the timed cycle.
There was an old thread here in the forums , that said that Freightliner had neglected to install a lift pump in certain years of chassis , because Cummins was no longer placing one on the engine , another thread , where a member was replacing his lift pump ( mounted behind the Cummins ECM on the side of the engine with a cooling plate ; where the fuel cooled the ECM ).
I've not been hands on , on the coach version of the 6.7 ( only the Dodge ) so I'll guess that if the lift pump is behind the ECM , unless you're under the engine when it's running , you won't hear it.

I'll see if I can track down the other threads , to see if they have any useful info , and link you to them.

EDIT: Back in time to add them here.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f26/atten...sb-468655.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/acce...ns-525996.html
Old 05-03-2021, 11:06 PM   #9

The engine is primed and there is fuel at the rail. I cant get to the Pressure sensor unfortunately and may have to call a mechanic to come out.

I appreciate all the information.

Thank you,
Bill

Tags
winnebago