Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #1

"Access Freightliner" denied to buddy??

Gang,
A buddy of mine is trying to get setup with Access Freightliner and, was recently told (as in one day ago) by both Freightliner Customer Assistance hotline and, the local Freightliner dealer in San Diego, that, Access Freightliner is for commercial accounts and since he had no "business" or, service center of any type, that he could not be set up for it. Now, I've told him that, he needs to make sure that Freightliner is aware that he is now the owner of that particular chassis and, only Freightliner can do that.

Now, do any of you know of any changes to the criteria for gaining access to Access Freightliner that may have occurred in say, about the last year or so? The reason I use that time frame is because, in the last year or so, that's when I set it up for myself. Now, in the "On line form" that he, and I (when I did mine) had to fill out, there is a couple of blocks that pertain to a business. If I recall, there was a couple of stumbling blocks but, nothing insurmountable and, the process went through for me.

But, if I recall, I was told by either the folks at the Freightliner Customer Assistance hot line or, San Diego Freightliner that, there was no need to fill that section (the business name requirement) out when prepping for the access.

So, have any of you RECENTLY acquired the user name and password needed to gain access to that system and, you're NOT A BUSINESS???
And if so, what was your exact process, phone numbers called, people talked to, forms (if there's one different than the one on line) etc.? I sure appreciate your help here and, he will to if he's not doing something he should in order to gain access. Thanks again.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #2

I was having trouble access freightliner with my password. I sent a request for a password. In the email I received it also said to make sure I put my company in the box. Maybe they have changed it.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just set mine up a few months ago. The only reason I waited so long is I had to have the Freightliner Dealer update the owner information. In the business box I just put my name when I filled out the online registration.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I successfully signed up a couple of months ago, but last week could not log in. Kept telling me user not found.

I have a password manager that keeps all log in information for various sites, and within a day or two of my original registration, I was able to get on without issue. However, when the password manager tried to log in last week.....no joy.

I didn't investigate it any further since I work during the week and my weekends are booked up. But it is on the "list".
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #5

If I remember correctly Accessfreightliner upgraded from IE8 to either 9 or 10. Either can be used.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies guys. My buddies not having trouble with the user name or password. He's being told that, he's not a business so, basically he's not entitled to use Access Freightliner. Now, I'm not sitting right beside him on a speaker phone so, I don't know what anyone is really telling him. He may be interpreting something wrong. He does that quite often.

So, I'm in Lake Havasu and he's in San Diego so, we'll be meeting up here in a week when we both arrive at Quartzsite AZ for the big "RV Event" there. I'll do a face to face and make sure he knows just how to go about setting the system up. In my opinion, Access Freightliner is invaluable. I've used it a zillion times to find what I needed for things that are particular to my rig only. That's why I'm emphasizing to him to get registered on it and be able to use it.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. It's much appreciated.
Scott
Old 01-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. My buddies not having trouble with the user name or password. He's being told that, he's not a business so, basically he's not entitled to use Access Freightliner. Now, I'm not sitting right beside him on a speaker phone so, I don't know what anyone is really telling him. He may be interpreting something wrong. He does that quite often.

So, I'm in Lake Havasu and he's in San Diego so, we'll be meeting up here in a week when we both arrive at Quartzsite AZ for the big "RV Event" there. I'll do a face to face and make sure he knows just how to go about setting the system up. In my opinion, Access Freightliner is invaluable. I've used it a zillion times to find what I needed for things that are particular to my rig only. That's why I'm emphasizing to him to get registered on it and be able to use it.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. It's much appreciated.
Scott
I just went in and can find nothing per se that you have to have a business. I have been using the site for years.

There have been big changes in their software lately. The biggest change is Parts Pro 5 is going away soon so they want you to start using Parts Pro 6.

When I went into Parts Pro 6 They asked for "Business" It only requires 2 letters to "RV" works for business. So here are some tips.

1. Read about browser and op system requirements

2. Use RV for business.

3. IE 11 is not supposed to work so I went to "Tools" .."Compatibility view Settings".....and entered:

freightliner.com
accessfreightliner.com
secure.freightliner.com

4. If your still having problems go to "Tools"....."internet"...."security"...."trust ed sites" and enter

*.freightliner.com
freightliner.com
accessfreightliner.com
secure.freightliner.com

5. Always checkin at least once every 60 days or you might have to request a new PW.

6. I am running W8 with IE11 and it works fine even on Parts Pro 6
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
I just went in and can find nothing per se that you have to have a business. I have been using the site for years.

There have been big changes in their software lately. The biggest change is Parts Pro 5 is going away soon so they want you to start using Parts Pro 6.

When I went into Parts Pro 6 They asked for "Business" It only requires 2 letters to "RV" works for business. So here are some tips.

1. Read about browser and op system requirements

2. Use RV for business.

3. IE 11 is not supposed to work so I went to "Tools" .."Compatibility view Settings".....and entered:

freightliner.com
accessfreightliner.com
secure.freightliner.com

4. If your still having problems go to "Tools"....."internet"...."security"...."trust ed sites" and enter

*.freightliner.com
freightliner.com
accessfreightliner.com
secure.freightliner.com

5. Always checkin at least once every 60 days or you might have to request a new PW.

6. I am running W8 with IE11 and it works fine even on Parts Pro 6
greystroke,
I most certainly appreciate your assistance here. I'm going to print out your post here and take it to him. If I recall, I had to have Mike Cody, the instructor for the Freightliner Class this last June, help me with some adjustments in my settings so that Access Freightliner worked as it was/is supposed to. I could log on but, was not able to use all of the site until he reset some of my settings. Now, it's great. Thanks again.
Scott

P.S. I just started using Parts Pro 6 last night and, I like it better than the "5" version. It also asked for a "Business". I just put my name in the blocks and, it accepted it. Cool!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On the home page before you sign in it gives a lot of Browser setup suggestions. When I first upgraded IE8 to 9 or 10 it wouldn't display properly so I used Compatibility mode and it cured my problems. I emailed the help desk to let them know that this would allow newer browsers to use their site but they never upgraded their instructions. So IE 11 works also. Hope your friend gets on.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 01-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder why it's so complicated to use that site. Maybe they just don't have a professional web person to run it. I hope it gets simple like most other web sites are these days. Usually it's government web sites that are lagging in user friendliness.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajuene View Post
I wonder why it's so complicated to use that site. Maybe they just don't have a professional web person to run it. I hope it gets simple like most other web sites are these days. Usually it's government web sites that are lagging in user friendliness.
lajuene,
I've wondered the same thing too. Now, first off, there are more "computer literate" folks out here that, don't have any issues running that site no matter how complicated it is to some of us. They're just smarter at figuring out what's needed in adjustments to make certain systems work.

I however, am not "that" computer literate. I can navigate around and, do some figuring out what to do, here and there. But, when it comes to a speed bump that, requires getting into settings and changing operational parameters, I kind-a need to be shown how and where to do something like that.

The very first night I tried Parts Pro 6, it went great. I just filled out all the blanks and, it worked. Now, last night, the very next night after first trying it, I can bring up the home page of Parts Pro 6 but, that's as far as it goes. The cursers just sit there in the "BOM" block and, the other block across to the left from it. In fact, if I click on anything on that page, trying to get to any next step, the page completely locks up my computer, consistently. I have to hit the "Control-alt-Delete" in order to get out of it and resume normal computer operations. Hmmmmmm. I've emailed or, contacted that help part of that site and, am presently awaiting an answer.
Scott
Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would guess because of the worldwide operations they have to keep the site accessable to all these users especially the dealers. Some companies may have to certify their software and just can't accept a new upgrade in their operating system without expensive testing. Just a logical guess.

At the present time W7 and IE8 probably works with most their clients.

Remember we as RV users are just bootlegging time on their site and I greatly appreciate it. Not designed for us. I think the job of their web programmers is very difficult to improve a site and at the same time make sure that worldwide users can access it. Lets please not complain too much and lose this great benefit.

Thank goodness for the compatibility mode of IE11.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 01-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I like to raz Mike Cody at the Campfreightliners I have attended about Freightliner not being Apple compatible. I can still access most of the portions I need. I find my problem is with not logging on frequently enough. I resolve those problems with their I.T. help people.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystroke View Post
I would guess because of the worldwide operations they have to keep the site accessable to all these users especially the dealers. Some companies may have to certify their software and just can't accept a new upgrade in their operating system without expensive testing. Just a logical guess.

At the present time W7 and IE8 probably works with most their clients.

Remember we as RV users are just bootlegging time on their site and I greatly appreciate it. Not designed for us. I think the job of their web programmers is very difficult to improve a site and at the same time make sure that worldwide users can access it. Lets please not complain too much and lose this great benefit.

Thank goodness for the compatibility mode of IE11.
greystroke,
I too really appreciate the effort that goes into creating a site like Access Freightliner. I basically loose site of the fact that, there is world wide participation in that site and that, like you say, we as Motor home owners are, just getting a "free-bee" and are using something that is maybe primarily designed for professionals and business's to use in their daily operations. If you're referring to me and anything I stated in previous posts as a "complaint" to the system, it was certainly not meant as a complaint.

I just received a reply from the folks at Access Freightliner in regards to my issue with Parts Pro 6 last night, and briefly, they said the folks at Detroit Engines were having problems with the Series 60 portions of the site and that's why Parts Pro 6 went into a shut down temporarily. They're still working on the problem. That's the latest I have for now.
Scott

Tags
freightliner