Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 11:15 PM   #1

Arens PDM 100-01 / Arens Powerpro / Curtiss-Wright Powerpro

Good Evening..

I'll be Frank, I don't own a RV or towable. Maybe someday if the stars align correctly.. However, I do want to applaud this forum on the plethora of solid information available.

Here's why I'm here.

I've been searching out a solution to clean up the rats nest of auxillary relays & wiring in my Ram 3500. I've come across many different options out there & settled on what I thought was a good buy on a Power Distribution Module from Arens. In my searches I had seen the unit Incorporated into alot of different RV models. This lead me to believe there would be alot of Info's floating around pertaining to the pinouts & or wiring.

Come to find out, I can't find what I'm looking for. I have come across one diagram, but it not very straight forward for what I'm trying to do. It lists the outputs and whatnot, but not in a way that is useful for me trying to wire in accessories. I have a message out to the manufacturer, but I have not heard back.

The PDU is, was, manufactured by Arens. It's the one that is always a total PITA for DIY RVer's to find. Always behind some other panel, never any mention of it in manuals, etc..

With that said, I'm hoping there's someone out there with first hand knowledge of them. Maybe someone on the upfitter end with more detailed diagrams?

My problem in searching out the correct inofs is that.
1. It's very seldom mentioned in your manuals, so looking them up is hard unless you already know where to find it.
2. The manufacturer Arens got bought out by Curtiss-Wright. Curtiss-Wright has a bunch of different divisions and sister companies so knowing where to go for info has proven hard.
3. Curtiss-Wright has a tech library, but... Requires you to get verified. During that process they ask for a bunch of required infos I cannot provide as I am not a vendor out dealer. Even if I was one, I don't think I would know what they were asking for. It seemed very comprehensive.

So.. Here's the module..

If anyone can help, please do.. I need to know the inputs & outputs in a sense of what & where the relays are, which are Batt + fused & their corresponding pins.

Please & thank-you.

Take care
-Matt
Jimycrakcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2016, 09:51 PM   #2

46 views & no one at all?

Should I post this elsewhere in the forum? I figured it's a FL chassis module so it probably should go here no?

I've now come across two different FL manuals referencing this thing & they both have no reference numbers, but they do carry the same amount of utilized outputs. Also, I beleive they are both carrying the same Arens Part number. Surley someone has to have a diagram of this thing.. Last three days of constant searching I've found nothing.

Throw me a bone here...
Jimycrakcorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power