Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camp Freightliner 2017 | 2018 Schedule

This is the 2017 Camp Freightliner Schedule.

Camp Freightliner
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I signed up for June 5-6. Coming from our annual Horsey Hundred bicycle ride in Georgetown, KY previous week. Any "heads up" on anything is much appreciated.

2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2008 Prius on Kar Kaddy SS
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
I signed up for June 5-6. Coming from our annual Horsey Hundred bicycle ride in Georgetown, KY previous week. Any "heads up" on anything is much appreciated.

Following. Signed up for the same. Will be bringing our new Newmar Dutchstar 4369 down.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post

I have done both Camp Freightliner 1 and 2, and recommend both of them. Really don't need a "heads up" for either one, just show up soak up as much of it as you can. You will leave Freightliner 1 with a great loose leaf binder that covers all your chassis systems.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:08 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
I have done both Camp Freightliner 1 and 2, and recommend both of them. Really don't need a "heads up" for either one, just show up soak up as much of it as you can. You will leave Freightliner 1 with a great loose leaf binder that covers all your chassis systems.
Can you take freightliner 1 and 2 together and what's the difference between the two ?
Thank you
Jim denny
Journey 16 38
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanned View Post
Can you take freightliner 1 and 2 together and what's the difference between the two ?
Thank you
Jim denny
Journey 16 38

You can not take the classes together, they are scheduled at different times. Freightliner 1 is two days of classroom instruction. Freightliner 2 is one day on the shop floor with the tech who is servicing your coach. I highly recommend each course. You can find the schedules on line, just google Camp Freightliner.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Will be at Camp in two weeks, actually will be on the way home two weeks from today. They'll be servicing my coach while I am in class. Looking to schedule CF2 around the time I need to do the next service. Looking at photos and sitting in class is good, looking up at the underside of your own coach while it is being services it better. You see what you need to see on YOUR OWN coach. No longer dealing wit 'Typical' but rather with specifics/
JimN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #8

Freightliner Class plus First Maintenance???

I am looking at attending Camp Freightliner Class 1 plus getting my first maintenance done at the same time. I have read that we could have full hookups while this is going on. I am estimating I should have close to 4,000 miles by the time we get to Gaffney. The motorhome will be about 4 to 5 months old at that time depending on when the clock starts. I will be picking up my coach in June or July. I have some questions below. I am looking at the September 14/15 schedule.

1) Would Freightliner do the warranty work with less time or miles before the required maintenance?

2) How would I go about scheduling everything to occur at the same time?

3) Would they do the actual maintenance while I am in the class?

4) The class is for two days. Will they let me stay at their facility for two days?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #9

Camp Freightliner 2017 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I am looking at attending Camp Freightliner Class 1 plus getting my first maintenance done at the same time. I have read that we could have full hookups while this is going on. I am estimating I should have close to 4,000 miles by the time we get to Gaffney. The motorhome will be about 4 to 5 months old at that time depending on when the clock starts. I will be picking up my coach in June or July. I have some questions below. I am looking at the September 14/15 schedule.

1) Would Freightliner do the warranty work with less time or miles before the required maintenance?

2) How would I go about scheduling everything to occur at the same time?

3) Would they do the actual maintenance while I am in the class?

4) The class is for two days. Will they let me stay at their facility for two days?

Answers to your questions:
1. Yes
2. Call Pat at 864-206-8683
3. Yes
4. Yes
Old 07-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Looks like Camp Freightliner dates for 2017 are CLOSED? Just checked on their web page.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:26 AM   #11

I am signed up for classes in September and I have some questions. My DW will be at the KOA campground without a car.

1) How long are the classes each day?

2) Will they break for lunch?

3) What will I need to bring (pencils, paper, etc.)?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:36 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I am signed up for classes in September and I have some questions. My DW will be at the KOA campground without a car.

1) How long are the classes each day?

2) Will they break for lunch?

3) What will I need to bring (pencils, paper, etc.)?
You are in class from 0800 until 1700, then return for dinner and discussion.
Lunch is served and discussion continues
You will get a notebook that will become specific to your Chassis.

For an extra $25 you can bring your wife. When I attended there were a number of couples there.

There may be a shuttle from the KOA to Camp, or let your wife drive you to camp, then she can have the car. We scheduled our service to take place while in camp and stayed at the Service Center.

Hope this helps a little.
JimN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Does anyone have or know where I can get the Camp Freightliner class schedule for 2018? Very interested in attending and all classes are full for the 2017 calendar year. Thanks for your help.
BobbyBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBa View Post
Does anyone have or know where I can get the Camp Freightliner class schedule for 2018? Very interested in attending and all classes are full for the 2017 calendar year. Thanks for your help.
I looked in Freightliner Web Site. All I can find is the 2017 Schedule. I don't believe they have released that Schedule yet. Here is a link to their Camp Freightliner site. Camp Freightliner

As a last resort you could call the 24/7 help number 800-385-4357.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner