Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camp Freightliner, COVID Style

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone has taken the virtual Camp Freightliner class since we have entered the "COVID era"?

I was hoping to go in person since I'm not that far from Gaffney, but when I check online for the schedules, they are all listed as virtual going forward.
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #2

Have thought about it but wasn’t sure how it differs. Is it all video classes or is there interaction?
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I did the virtual last month. Was live via Zoom. Excellent information. There were 5 of us attending. Bobby Scruggs was out instructor, made it fun and easy to ask questions and interact. I highly recommend it.
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Yep. Did it in April. Bobby Wayne was our instructor. In person would be the best, but the online class great. Bobby is an excellent presenter.
Highly recommend the class.
Have fun.
Mike
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:44 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What happened to Mike Cody? He did the “in person” training in the past and is a fixture at Freightliner....
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your responses... It seems that video conferencing will be with us for a while. I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on the class then...
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We were scheduled to take the class in May but decided to cancel when we found out it was a virtual class. One of the things we were really looking forward to was the face to face interaction with other Freightliner Chassis owners. We never thought it would still be a virtual class this late in the year!
Old 08-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yea...I agree. Hopefully after all of this over (Someday!) they can get back to the live classes. I have taken both class I and II and will say it was real nice to talk to folks about their rigs and issues. And Camp Freightliner II was really great to work with the technician. Not sure what they are doing with that class... Will be good to get back to normal.
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:37 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FYI there is going to be a live face to face class at the Freightliners Owners Club Rally in Branson this November the 2nd and 3rd. I have confirmed this with the instructor, Rally Master and the Camp FL scheduler in Gaffney and have signed up for this class.

The instructor did mention to me that he has done 9 virtual classes and the participants all were pleased with the class.

From what I can see on the Camp schedules, there are no level 2 classes being scheduled at all.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
FYI there is going to be a live face to face class at the Freightliners Owners Club Rally in Branson this November the 2nd and 3rd. I have confirmed this with the instructor, Rally Master and the Camp FL scheduler in Gaffney and have signed up for this class.

The instructor did mention to me that he has done 9 virtual classes and the participants all were pleased with the class.

From what I can see on the Camp schedules, there are no level 2 classes being scheduled at all.
Where can i find more info on this rally?
Old 08-11-2020, 06:48 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Rally info is in the link below. You do have to be a member of the Freightliner's Owners Club to attend.

https://www.fcocrv.org/event/2020-sp...nson-missouri/
Old 08-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just saw a note on the Newmar owners Facebook group where a couple attended the virtual session. The class was done as a zoom meeting and they were very impressed.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #13

I attended the class via Zoom last week.

Definitely time we’ll spent - what’s “below decks” is no longer a complete mystery to me!
ChrisFSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFSB View Post
I attended the class via Zoom last week.

Definitely time we’ll spent - what’s “below decks” is no longer a complete mystery to me!
I'm thinking of signing up for this. I have some question I hope someone can answer:

The free zoom app has a 40 minute timeout. How does this work with the class?

How often and how long are breaks? Sitting at the keyboard all day may get tedious.

Are links provided to otherwise hard-to-find or unavailable materials? One example is my rig has disc brakes in the front but the manual sez I have to grease the front brake slack adjuster zerk. Unless I'm missing something, there is no slack adjuster and zerk on my front disc brakes. So if Freightliner is providing out of date info I'm wondering where to find current info. It isn't at the freightliner website, at least not where I can find it. There are several other documented zerk fittings that I either cannot locate or do not exist. I am hoping I can find this sort of detail in the virtual class.

Thanks
TiffinUser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner